California water war spreads to Congress

Oct 16, 2009 Full story: KXXV-TV Waco 29

It was the kind of legislation that rarely generates much debate in Congress: a bill to expand a local water recycling program.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No One Important

Wheaton, IL

#1 Oct 16, 2009
Yea, isn't that great?

Negatively impact 30K people in the valley, make them stand for 6 1/2 HOURS IN A FOOD LINE to get food from a crate stamped PRODUCT OF CHINA.

THESE are the people that work to farm, pack and ship 12% of OUR NATION'S FOOD SUPPLY..

And they're worried about PARKS? They're worried about recreation areas?

Take a cold hard look people, you're getting a first hand view of what the democrats think are THE REAL PRIORITIES....

Not your food, not 30K people in the valley, our own HUMAN ATROCITY created by Pelosi and Obama.

obama won't take Schwartzenegger's pleas for help.

THE WATER STILL FLOWS TO PELOSI'S PRIVATE VINEYARD.

PELOSI HAS KILLED 7 DIFFERENT BILLS BROUGHT TO THE FLOOR TO TURN THE WATER BACK ON FOR SOME OF THOSE FARMS IN THE VALLEY....

Doncha just love the democrats?

All they have to do is TURN the WATER ON....

And you think they REALLY care about you? You think they REALLy won't ration your HC?

When they'll just TURN THE WATER OFF and NOT care about sending people into FOOD LINES FOR 6 1/2 HOURS?

Is this REALLY what you voted for? Because THAT'S what you GOT...

Was this REALLY the leadership you voted for?

Because THAT'S what you GOT when you elected the democrats.

Toss every single democrat out in 2010. Right down to your local dog catcher. Don't leave a single one in office after 2010.

Send them a message they WON'T ignore this time like they ignored the one in 1994.
dos

United States

#2 Oct 16, 2009
That's what happens when the electorate continue to vote nuts into political office.

Turn out and vote to get rid of the people that value fish over people, food, jobs.

There's the great Pacific Ocean out there; why isn't there desalination projects going forward.

California is over the edge. The TAX and Spenders have decimated the city, lack of federal law enforcement for illegals, overloaded "gimmee" programs, a pitiful school system (once the envy of the nation).

Look at the leadership coming from CA...Pelosi,Boxer, Waxman...nuts, extremists, cuckoos.

The populace of CA voted the imbeciles into office and ruined the state. Now vote them OUT. Fiscal conservatives need to be voted into office. It may "hurt", but it's gotta be done.

Reclaim your state.

“Go away hypocrites!”

Since: Dec 08

minneapolis mn

#3 Oct 16, 2009
Without irrigation CA is a desert. Maybe we shouldn't have messed with it 70 ears ago? Also how can the Colorado river support Vegas,Phoenix and L.A.?
jjj

Conway, SC

#4 Oct 16, 2009
They forgot to tell you that they shut the water off because envirmentalist have a 1/2 minnow they must protect. Its on the endanger species list. While farmers an the community suffer to even grow a crop or make money to pay the bills to survive this minnow is more important. What happen to common sense?
Nobama

Elkridge, MD

#5 Oct 16, 2009
perhaps they will let the FARMERS use some of THIS water to grow FOOD????
oh,, this week,,, the administration is using PRIME TIME TV for propaganda!!!! isn't that nice people?? WE ALREADY LIVE IN BARACK'S THIRD WORLD DICTATORSHIP!!!!! I wonder when they are going to start to drag those of us with BRAINS off for re- education??
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#6 Oct 16, 2009
stella007 wrote:
Without irrigation CA is a desert. Maybe we shouldn't have messed with it 70 ears ago? Also how can the Colorado river support Vegas,Phoenix and L.A.?
And perhaps they should not have built New Orleans below sea level or drained the swamp to build Washinton DC. Does that mean we just abandon them like they are doing in CA?
g moser

Deltona, FL

#7 Oct 16, 2009
Its time for them to go! Its time for them to go!...Remember Gore in 1991! These nut jobs have been like a virus, indoctrinating themselves into our livlihoods. Now we are on the downside of everyday living. It is time to use our resources to survive. The government controlled lands must go. It is obvious that many of our politicians, businessmen, judges and law enforcement are criminals. IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO GO!!!! You are watching men and women of the true hate, control how we live because of their shortcomings and/or sellouts. Half of you love law enforcement and they abuse the dignity of so many in these days because they can and are semi souless. Do not vote for RINO'S and NEO CONS if you are Republican. It is not going to make a difference. Most of you have been around enough to see the scum for what they are. The other side which controls everything and has been are stone cold COMMIES with a dash of FASCISM on the side. You know how that will end. Learn your lessons people. And never vote for the scum that got voted out after so many years of false leadership. Suckers!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#8 Oct 16, 2009
Obama is a moron for cutting off water to the central valley.
K D L

King City, CA

#11 Oct 16, 2009
You know, there is somethinig seriously wrong with this newspaper. I go to read an article because it will have an impact on my life only to find that who ever is responsible for the editing clearly has no idea what the article is about. Key sentiences and paragraphs have been deleted so it fits nicely with the print version and ad space. Instead, I have to go to ANOTHER newspaper to find the FULL article, with the key sentences that were so hapazardly cut from the article.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 Oct 16, 2009
I think it's an act of terrorism by Obama. He really is an azzhole.
Wrangler

Birds Landing, CA

#13 Oct 16, 2009
Pelosi sucks.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Oct 16, 2009
YouHelpFixIt wrote:
<quoted text>
And perhaps they should not have built New Orleans below sea level or drained the swamp to build Washinton DC. Does that mean we just abandon them like they are doing in CA?
Yes. California should return to desert, New Oleans should be reclaimed by the sea, and DC should be a swamp.

What do you have against nature? Without nature, people couldn't survive, but without people the earth will continue on just fine. So who needs who more?
Slammer

Elkhart, IN

#15 Oct 16, 2009
Screw California and to hell with Obama .

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 Oct 16, 2009
If Pelosi doesn't get the f_ck out soon, our country is in for a halflife of douchness.
No One Important

Wheaton, IL

#19 Oct 17, 2009
Good question about the de-salinization projects.

BILLIONS of dollars being p*ssed down the drain.

On what? PARKS? RECREATION AREAS?

Turn the WATER on to those farms in central valley, and THEN get GOING on the desalinization plants...and THEN worry about some wierdo fish, that MOST of us would use as BAIT.

Gimmeabreak. There isn't any common sense anymore in our nation.

And you KNOW why they're doing this, don't you?

Those areas they're CHOKING they want SOLAR FARMS.

But of course, idiot DiFi wouldn't ALLOW the SOLAR farm to be built in the DESERT where no one LIVES....where it wouldn't bother ANYONE.

Instead, we're CHOKING farms that help produce 12% of our nation's food supply, negatively impacting 30K people....sending people into FOOD LINES for 6 1/2 hours...

AND PELOSI STILL HAS WATER FLOWING TO HER PRIVATE VINEYARD.. and she's KILLED 7 BILLS from coming to the floor to TURN THE WATER ON....

Ya know, maybe it's time we killed every bit of federal funding to Pelosi's area until she stops her domestic terrorism on farms that grow our food.

Maybe THAT'S the way to shock her into some common sense.

How about we shut the water off to HER PRIVATE VINEYARD.. and see how long her vineyard lasts.

People are having to sleep outside in the DIRT because they can't afford to pay electric bills because there's NO WORK because there's NO WATER...

Is THIS REALLY AMERICA? Is this REALLY OK WITH US? In our OWN NATION?

Are we REALLY ok with leaders like Obama and Pelosi doing things like this?

(At least under the Bush administration, the farms were able to obtain waivers on this silliness for a time while the EPA an others were SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING FOR A REMEDY)

What was the Pelosi and Obama remedy? No, just leave the water off. let them go hungry.....

And do you REALLY believe these terrorists won't ration your HEALTH CARE when they will just turn WATER OFF to farms that feed us? They'll just SHRUG and negatively impact 30K people? Plunging them into FOOD LINES?

They're insane.

You're insane if you don't think they WILL.

Wipe out every democrat at the ballot box in 2010. Don't leave a single one in office.

They mealymouthed the reason they lost in 1994, send them the SAME message AGAIN in 2010. They WON'T be able to mealy mouth the reason for the losses this time.
sue

Enfield, CT

#20 Oct 17, 2009
No One Important wrote:
Good question about the de-salinization projects.
BILLIONS of dollars being p*ssed down the drain.
On what? PARKS? RECREATION AREAS?
Turn the WATER on to those farms in central valley, and THEN get GOING on the desalinization plants...and THEN worry about some wierdo fish, that MOST of us would use as BAIT.
Gimmeabreak. There isn't any common sense anymore in our nation.
And you KNOW why they're doing this, don't you?
Those areas they're CHOKING they want SOLAR FARMS.
But of course, idiot DiFi wouldn't ALLOW the SOLAR farm to be built in the DESERT where no one LIVES....where it wouldn't bother ANYONE.
Instead, we're CHOKING farms that help produce 12% of our nation's food supply, negatively impacting 30K people....sending people into FOOD LINES for 6 1/2 hours...
AND PELOSI STILL HAS WATER FLOWING TO HER PRIVATE VINEYARD.. and she's KILLED 7 BILLS from coming to the floor to TURN THE WATER ON....
Ya know, maybe it's time we killed every bit of federal funding to Pelosi's area until she stops her domestic terrorism on farms that grow our food.
Maybe THAT'S the way to shock her into some common sense.
How about we shut the water off to HER PRIVATE VINEYARD.. and see how long her vineyard lasts.
People are having to sleep outside in the DIRT because they can't afford to pay electric bills because there's NO WORK because there's NO WATER...
Is THIS REALLY AMERICA? Is this REALLY OK WITH US? In our OWN NATION?
Are we REALLY ok with leaders like Obama and Pelosi doing things like this?
(At least under the Bush administration, the farms were able to obtain waivers on this silliness for a time while the EPA an others were SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING FOR A REMEDY)
What was the Pelosi and Obama remedy? No, just leave the water off. let them go hungry.....
And do you REALLY believe these terrorists won't ration your HEALTH CARE when they will just turn WATER OFF to farms that feed us? They'll just SHRUG and negatively impact 30K people? Plunging them into FOOD LINES?
They're insane.
You're insane if you don't think they WILL.
Wipe out every democrat at the ballot box in 2010. Don't leave a single one in office.
They mealymouthed the reason they lost in 1994, send them the SAME message AGAIN in 2010. They WON'T be able to mealy mouth the reason for the losses this time.
Some states are having muncipal elections on Nov 4, lets send them a good warning with this election, get out and vote, registar soon.
No One Important

Wheaton, IL

#21 Oct 17, 2009
sue wrote:
<quoted text>Some states are having muncipal elections on Nov 4, lets send them a good warning with this election, get out and vote, registar soon.
AbsolUTEly...

We're already passing petitions here in Illinois, and it's been HYSTERICAL the responses we're getting. Remember, Illinois? Home of Obama?

The stories I've been told when people are out walking have been wonderful.

Now, you KNOW how mad everyone was at Bush? So, when they were walking petitions (something NO ONE likes to do), they were getting doors slammed in their faces, etc.

THIS year, they have people SCRAMBLING to sign REPUBLICAN petitions.

And get this, one person even had democrats asking "can we sign that peition?"

Story after story after story...and these aren't polls. These are people walking door to door, and the opinions are FLYING at them from people.

One story about someone expecting a door to be slammed in their face when they said the petitions were for republicans was greeted with a "GIMME THAT!" , grabbing the clip boards and signing as fast as they could on each petition.

It's been AMAZING this year. People walking into "blue" areas, and finding out JUST how MAD people are at the democrats. DEMOCRATS angry at WHAT THE DEMOCRATS ARE DOING.

Remember, Illiois, home of Obama....BLUE state....

Phrases like "what a bunch of idiots" and "can't believe what washington is doing" and "this is insane" and DOZENS of other comments....from BLUE areas...

(Don't ask me why someone would TRY to walk a blue area, but they ARE, and they'r having WONDERFUL SUCCESS out there.)

Personally, asking me to walk a "blue" area would be like asking me to stick a fork in my eye...but they are, and THEY'RE FINDING WONDERFUL RESPONSES in HARD BLUE AREAS in Illinois.

The anger out there is thick and heavy.

The democrats and Obama are completely clueless.

But, let them keep screwing up.

They'll find out just how off base they are. No matter how many times the "blather-er-in-chief " tries to tell people HC reform is a crisis...the nation knows... it's unemployment you idiot.

Even the liberal Obama supporter Columnist Herbert wrote a column titled "Does Obama Get It?"

Talked about how blase Obama is, seemingly clueless to how many people in the nation are hurting and without jobs.. and doesn't have a single plan to combat the problem.

He thinks Obama's administration is completely clueless about what is going on out here in the nation.

He noted FDR's quote of unemployment should be treated with the same emergency as war.

In other words, Herbert was sayig HC reform isn't the crisis Obama, unemployment is.

And more and more people are pointing out, NOT A SINGLE POLL IN AMERICAN HAS EVER SAID HC REFORM IS THE TOP PRIORITY.

But the blithering Obama just keeps blithering at you thinking you'll believe him.

Democrats are in horrendous trouble. And it's their own fault. They've wasted almost a YEAR on something no one thinks is a top priority...

They've done absolutely NOTHING to help unemployment and have absolutely NOTHING on the horizon to help us. While they waste BILLIONS of our dollars on their stupid things...

The democrats are heading for a wholesale WIPEOUT in 2010.
g moser

Deltona, FL

#22 Oct 17, 2009
The Republicans, if they are true must keep the damage to a minimum before the 2010 election. However, if we get the usual RINO'S, NEO CONS and other bull chitt artists....screw them all. In Florida...Charlie Crist is a RINO bought and paid for. In New Jersey the same thing with a Republican running for Governor. This game is old. The people who lobby and have power laugh at us. And now we are near bankrupt and at each others throats. But the lobbyists and their interests(maybe) will live good. Wake up conservatives. You need people that are to the right of right to balance the insanity of men and women who are in love with Stalinists.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24 Oct 17, 2009
Obama deserves to have his feet put to the fire over this one.
Cranky Old Man

United States

#25 Oct 17, 2009
His holiness Obama and the faithful will hush it up and the California farmers may never be heard of again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doc Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sen. Pat Roberts grabs early lead in Kansas GOP... Aug '14 Asian Guy 5
Tea party still has election hopes as chances d... Jul '14 woofpack 19
In historic vote, House backs medical marijuana Jun '14 Cordwainer Trout 6
McCain: no global warming action until the left... (Mar '14) Mar '14 SpaceBlues 1
Survey: Many Americans Don't Know What Fracking Is (May '13) Dec '13 d pantz 217
House Republicans vote to deport DREAMers (Jun '13) Jun '13 See the Light 9
Feds want $18 million back from timber counties (Mar '13) Mar '13 carey529 3
•••

Doc Hastings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••