I worked in this country full time for 33 years.I would like to think that is country will support people like me in need of temporary assistance.
This country is supposed to be run by the people for the people ..Not by the party for the party.Congress is a house divided by its self.
...and perplexed that millions who are accounted for (those currently on unemployment) are about to drop off the cliff in two weeks when our first 3 mo. extension expires. Add another million in December 2008. Furthermore, what about the millions with nothing at all; who they currently do not even mention??? NO HELP TO MAIN STREET? I haven't owned shoes as nice as any of those sell-outs on Capitol Hill in 8 years now. Let their corrupt friends on Wall Street burn.
I am shocked and disappointed that our legislators have not included extending unemployment benefits to this bill. Unemployment is at its highest in years with a huge increase this month alone. In this economic climate, many of us will be dropping off a cliff in two weeks if there is not extension. I have worked 27 years in this country, paying taxes. I don't own a home and chose not to get involved with risky adjustable rates. How can people like myself be hung out to dry while $800 billion is going to the bailout bill? Meanwhile, John McCain and President Bush are against extending unemployment because "it's too expensive" --- How sad.
I find it amazing that they bail out the 'big boys''good old boys network' so to speak and leave the PEOPLE like myself who have worked 30+ yrs, paying taxes that have provided for others and when I am out of a job - they refuse to ext. benefits and have no guilt or feel no responsibility with regards to the unemployment mess in this country. They showed people living in TENTS CITIES in the US on a recent news cast due to this insane unemployment. You can't survive if you don't have a paycheck and you can't have a paycheck if there are NO JOBS to be had !!! It's appauling that Bush could care less.
Please help the unemployed I am among this group and could not pay rent. We get federal food stamps which is embarasing enough and winter has hit.
so many bills but the president is not looking at the unemployment people that needs immediate help due to the expiring bebnefit he sihened last nov, nothings new i still cannot find a job despite the help of our nevada job connect..prioritize the american people who has exhausted every benefit, we are getting tired of delaying the help we need. thank you. leila
please help us get through paying our basic bills, rental and utilities .thank you, we need immediate help and we derserve the help. thank you
please do not delay.
Help is needed asap.republican stop blocking the help or the bill for unemployment extension benefit, we all need the help right now. we lost our job thru fault of our own,the economy recession is not our fault too. sign the bill and help us with no so much arguement,help us thats all we need. thanks leila
my 87 year old mother depends on me. unemployment running out.we'll be living on the street.shelters are full.PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!
I have worked since I was 14 yrs old, I am 56 single white woman who was layed off due to the economy. I am losing my benefits this week. I can not beleive this has happened to me. I thougt I was doing well in life, until being layed off last year. I can't try any harder than I am, there's no jobs. I'm scarred. I plan on voting every single person I can out of office from now on. I decided that when they voted on TARP. No
ones holds these crooks responsbile for their actions. I basically have very little faith in the politicians, I want to start new and get everyone out of office that is in now. Maybe in time, our voted represenativies with act on behalf
of the people who voted them in office and not along party lines.
Well, maybe we should take a look at where the stimlous money actually went Where did it go democrats?
Paybacks for votes? We know DARN well it didn't go for shovel ready jobs
How's your job,home 410k?
Mark Penn's two firms got $6 million from stimulus for PR campaign
By Alexander Bolton - 12/09/09 12:00 AM ET
Nearly $6 million in stimulus money was paid to two firms run by Mark Penn, Hillary Clinton’s pollster in 2008.
Federal records show that $5.97 million from the $787 billion stimulus helped preserve three jobs at Burson-Marsteller, the global public-relations and communications firm headed by Penn.
Or Mary Landrieus bribe for vote?
On page 432 of the Reid bill, there is a section increasing federal Medicaid subsidies for “certain states recovering from a major disaster.”
The section spends two pages defining which “states” would qualify, saying, among other things, that it would be states that “during the preceding 7 fiscal years” have been declared a “major disaster area.”
I am told the section applies to exactly one state: Louisiana, the home of moderate Democrat Mary Landrieu, who has been playing hard to get on the health care bill.
In other words, the bill spends two pages describing would could be written with a single world: Louisiana.(This may also help explain why the bill is long.)
Senator Harry Reid, who drafted the bill, cannot pass it without the support of Louisiana’s Mary Landrieu.
How much does it cost? According to the Congressional Budget Office:$300 million.
Where are all those shovel ready jobs?
We ahould be madder than.....
Obama stimulus funds tagged for fake zip codes
$6.4 billion for 440 fictional districts,$375 million to locations
that don't exist
"The website, recovery.gov <http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/home.aspx> ;, reported $26.5 million going to 10 New Mexico congressional districts that do not exist," the group reports. "Those millions were credited with creating 61.5 jobs."
Additionally,$131,139 in funds reported for New Mexico were designated zip codes matching DuPont, Wash.; Richland, Wash.; and Gales Creek, Ore.
While the recovery website shows $373,874 was spent in zip code 97052, the group found that zero jobs were created. Likewise,$100,000 to zip code 86705 resulted in no additional jobs, and $36,218 to zip code 87258 purportedly created five jobs.
"None of these zip codes exist in New Mexico, or anywhere else, for that matter," Jim Scarantino of New Mexico Watchdog writes. "All told, we have found over $27 million dollars that has been reported as going to either nonexistent Congressional districts or nonexistent zip codes."
The report is just one of a flurry of similar investigations by watchdog groups across the nation.
DEMOCRATS are counting on us being as stupid as they think we are!
Where are those shovel ready jobs?
West Virginia Watchdog <http://westvirginia.watchdog.org/2010/01/04/n... ; reported $28 million in stimulus funds for that state listed as going to four phantom zip codes: 26661, 26551, 24913 and 2119.
Steven Allen of West Virginia Watchdog revealed three other zip codes actually belonged to Virginia, not West Virginia. The group also reported that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act added eight fictional congressional districts to the state: the 54th, 9th, 4th, 6th, 12th, 13th and 00.
Ed Pound, director of communications for the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, reportedly told West Virginia Watchdog, "People make errors, and we've found people are making errors in these reports. Our job is data integrity, not data quality."
Likewise, Nebraska Watchdog <http://nebraska.watchdog.org/2010/01/04/exclu... ; reported, "If you live in Nebraska zips codes 68129, 69631, 69660 and 32202, you've seen over $2.2 million dollars in stimulus funds poured into your backyard. Unfortunately Nebraska Watchdog has also learned that three of those zips codes don't exist, and the fourth, 32202, is several states away."
Scott St. Clair, a watchdog at the Evergreen Freedom Foundation <http://www.libertylive.org/blog_main/post.php... ; in Washington state, reported that nearly $3.5 million in federal stimulus funds for that state have been designated for zip codes that either don't exist or belong to other states such as Alaska, Virginia and Massachusetts. He conducted a manual review of 488 Washington zip codes and found 11 incorrect or nonexistent listings.
THANK A DEMOCRAT!
WANT to see some of the ways our money was spent.
So, you Stimulated Yet?... One Hundred Ways We Have Been
Posted 12-09-2009 at 09:31 PM by webixi <blog.php?u=1>
The Obama administration has spent $217 billion in economic stimulus funds as of the end of November. A new report issued Tuesday by Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Tom Coburn (Okla.), the ranking Republican on the Senate’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, concluded that $7 billion was wasted or mismanaged.
Here's a list of 100 head scratchers ...
1.“Almost Empty” Mall Awarded Energy Grant ($5 million)
2. Renovations for Federal Building as Expensive as New Building ($133 million)
3. DTV Advertising Agency Generates Three Jobs ($5.9 million)
4. Research to Develop Supersonic Corporate Jets ($4.7 Million)
5. Water Pipeline to a Money-Losing Golf Course ($2.2 million)
6. Police Boat Gets High-Tech Upgrade Even As Force May be Downsized ($190,000)
7. Program to Control Home Appliances From a Remote Location ($787,250)
8. 18-Mile Tourist Rail Extended ($2 million)
9. Dinner Cruise Company Gets Terrorism Prevention Money ($943,190)
10. Hanford Nuclear Site Gets Billions for Failed Cleanup Effort ($1.9 billion)
Payback to union voters?
11. All Aboard The Wine Train!($54 million)
12. Broadband Map That May be Obsolete by the Time It’s Complete ($350 million)
13. Grant to Fund Search for Fossils ... In Argentina ($1.57 million)
14. Anti-Capitalist, Socially-Conscious Puppet Shows ($100,000)
15. Trail to Minnesota Twins Baseball Stadium ($484,572)
16. Inspector General Questions New Anti-Gunrunning Teams ($10 million)
17. Buffalo Residents Paid to Keep Daily Journal of Malt Liquor and Marijuana Use ($389,357)
18. Oklahoma River Cruise Boats Get Transportation Funding ($1.8 million)
19. Government Spends Money on Salaries and Overhead ($186 million)
20. Repaved Georgia Road ... Getting Repaved Again ($88,000)
21. Little-Used Bridge for Beachgoers Gets a Paint Job ($3.1 million)
22. Federal Building With Uncertain Future Gets Huge Makeover ($117 million)
23. Studying the Icelandic Arctic Environment in the Viking Age ($94,902)
24. Bobber the Water Safety Dog Costumes ($21,116)
25. Shakespearean Festivals ($225,000)
26.“Clown” Theatrical Production ($25,000)
27. County Agency Mismanages Millions, Gets Millions More ($11.9 million)
28. Free Rides on a Water Taxi to Relieve Downtown Congestion ($1.6 million)
29. Studying the Learning Patterns of Honeybees ($210,000)
30. Money for Exit Polling……in Africa ($233,825)
31. Contemporary Art Sculpture: A Series of Giant Tubes ($13,000)
32. Surf and Squat Rest Stop in Texas ($13.8 million)
33. Study on "Hookup" Behavior of Female College Coeds ($219,000)
34. Developing the Next Generation of Football Gloves ($150,000)
35. Study of Wildflowers in a Ghost Town ($448,995)
36. Jazz Festivals ($400,000)
37. Another Golf Course Gets Recycled Water ($831,700)
38. Recovering Crab Pots Lost At Sea ($700,000)
39. New Hampshire Buys Buses It Doesn’t Need ($2 million)
40. Martini Bar and Brazilian Steak House Remodeling ($100,000)
41. Stimulus-Funded Workers with No Work ($3.2 million)
42. States Spend Big Bucks on Stimulus Highway Signs ($1.3 million)
43. Highway “Beautified” by Fish Art
44. Fish Food ($50 million)
45. Museum Dedicated to “Man’s Relationship With the Horse”($1.2 million)
46. Pennsylvania Police Department Purchases Two Horses ($40,000)
47. College Students Visit Costa Rica for Summer Studies ($564,635)
48. Pennsylvania Paves Bike Lane on Deteriorating Local Road ($2 million)
49. California Gets Money to Upgrade Computer System ... Twice ($60 million)
Tell me when this thread is updated:
|Feds want $18 million back from timber counties||Mar '13||carey529||3|
|Obama says next-gen cars will slash drivers' ga... (Mar '12)||Mar '13||Jeff Smith||829|
|Expert: Lumbee bill a long shot||Mar '13||SamT||4|
|Under attack from oil industry and GOP, Obama t... (Apr '12)||Apr '12||imaginaryfriend||1|
|Immigration Reform hot topic in Washington (Mar '12)||Mar '12||spytheweb||4|
|Washington: Jay Inslee Resigning to Focus on Bi... (Mar '12)||Mar '12||Sam||3|
|Obama: Fuel-efficient cars an answer to gas prices (Mar '12)||Mar '12||Boston Bloviator||67|