Obama ready to tap offshore oil, wind...

Obama ready to tap offshore oil, wind power

There are 28 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Obama ready to tap offshore oil, wind power. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

In this Jan. 28, 2009, file photo the lights are on in the West Wing of the White House as President Barack Obama waits to hear the vote by the House of Representatives on his stimulus plan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#21 Feb 16, 2009
Too bad the US populace can't get aimed in the same direction of strict conservation of energy, and of backing clean alt energy sources. There is enough solar and wind for all our needs.. but politics and NIMBY get in the way of common sense.

Garand

“Freedom is not free”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#22 Feb 16, 2009
WTF would a liberal know about "common sense"?

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Dallas, TX

#23 Feb 16, 2009
x-nutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
We have an independant refinery proposal that is in its 10th year of legal battles in Az.
It's proposed for an area of desert about 40 miles east of Yuma Az. We will end up with refineries just across the border in Mexico with the jobs and construction firms going to Mexicans.
The latest is that there "COULD BE" Indian artifacts in the area.
This has been a consistant stone wall for decades.
I'm waithing to see how Obama handles his 3000 miles of electrical transmission lines and Harry Reid's train from Anaheim to Vegas.
This is where the GREEN ENERGY cabal and the Eco-Freak cabals collide and both are big Messiah supporters. It ought to be interesting.
I think the Messiah tried to buy off the Eco-Freaks but time will tell.
I'll bet the radical environmentalists dp mpt want to be accused of denying Americans good jobs but that is what they are doing.

“I live vicariously through me”

Since: Dec 08

San Marino CA.

#24 Feb 16, 2009
x-nutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
We have an independant refinery proposal that is in its 10th year of legal battles in Az.
It's proposed for an area of desert about 40 miles east of Yuma Az. We will end up with refineries just across the border in Mexico with the jobs and construction firms going to Mexicans.
The latest is that there "COULD BE" Indian artifacts in the area.
This has been a consistant stone wall for decades.
I'm waithing to see how Obama handles his 3000 miles of electrical transmission lines and Harry Reid's train from Anaheim to Vegas.
This is where the GREEN ENERGY cabal and the Eco-Freak cabals collide and both are big Messiah supporters. It ought to be interesting.
I think the Messiah tried to buy off the Eco-Freaks but time will tell.
Do you have a GPS location for that area? I would like to go check it out. They may be just diken around. As for the work going to mexicans....We will all have to scram bloody murder. Living in SoCal and you where you are we know what ilegals are doing. The other states are ignorant to this and need a wake up before they see taco stands in their hometown.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#25 Feb 16, 2009
ChiliHead wrote:
Im a Dem and Im for drilling. Why in the 8 years of King George didnt we drill? You cant give me that "Liberals wouldnt let him" Schtick. He had a butt load of power yet no drilling
There was a ban on offshore drilling, it just expired. The dems have already made it impractical, again. 50 miles out. Salazar has cancelled leases on federal land.
The dems will do nothing,but obstruct, wise up pal.
x-nutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#26 Feb 17, 2009
ChiliHead wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a GPS location for that area? I would like to go check it out. They may be just diken around. As for the work going to mexicans....We will all have to scram bloody murder. Living in SoCal and you where you are we know what ilegals are doing. The other states are ignorant to this and need a wake up before they see taco stands in their hometown.
The website of the proposed refinery is
www.arizonacleanfuels.com

As to the Mexican's, in Mex., building a refinery , I don't know specifics except I heard or read someplace.

Since: Feb 09

India

#27 Feb 17, 2009
Obama plans to hold offshore oil drilling hostage to some Flash Gordon project that is far from proven technology.

I think Obama is right regarding the energy.

For More Info:
lincenergy,us

“I live vicariously through me”

Since: Dec 08

San Marino CA.

#28 Feb 18, 2009
x-nutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
The website of the proposed refinery is
www.arizonacleanfuels.com
As to the Mexican's, in Mex., building a refinery , I don't know specifics except I heard or read someplace.
Thanks! Im taking a trip out there this summer to do a little excavation myself to see whats up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doc Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drone Use OK'ed for Agricultural, Real Estate C... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Peter Simmons 2
News Sen. Pat Roberts grabs early lead in Kansas GOP... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Asian Guy 5
News Tea party still has election hopes as chances d... (Jul '14) Jul '14 woofpack 19
News In historic vote, House backs medical marijuana (May '14) Jun '14 Cordwainer Trout 6
News McCain: no global warming action until the left... (Mar '14) Mar '14 SpaceBlues 1
News Survey: Many Americans Don't Know What Fracking Is (May '13) Dec '13 d pantz 217
News House Republicans vote to deport DREAMers (Jun '13) Jun '13 See the Light 9
More from around the web