House GOP to cut health-care overhaul...

House GOP to cut health-care overhaul funding

There are 12 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Feb 9, 2011, titled House GOP to cut health-care overhaul funding. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

Funding for President Barack Obama's health-care law will be stripped from legislation to keep the government running for the remainder of the fiscal year, a House GOP leader said yesterday, setting up a showdown with Senate Democrats and the White House that could risk a government shutdown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

Conservatives Lie

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 9, 2011
LOL!!! Keep repeating the same mistakes you made in 95, you twits! Shut down the Gubment!
Hold Amerika hostage to your Pee-Party demands!

Hahahahahahahahahahahga!!!!!!! !!!
Conservative

United States

#2 Feb 9, 2011
Conservatives Lie wrote:
LOL!!! Keep repeating the same mistakes you made in 95, you twits! Shut down the Gubment!
And when they do they will get re-elected. Then who has the last laugh.:)
American Joe

Dublin, OH

#3 Feb 9, 2011
Defund it now! I remember last time the feds didn't pass a funding bill.

They sent all non essential people home!

Wow what a novel idea , if there not essential what are they doing there to begin with?
American Joe

Dublin, OH

#4 Feb 9, 2011
Conservatives Lie wrote:
I think a few days of hard labor would do you well.

We are still waiting for your solutions , or are you just another Obama drone?
American Joe

Dublin, OH

#5 Feb 9, 2011
Hey "Conservatives Lie" I'n sure you need a job so next time I have a section 8 to clean out or a clean up job after a renter moves out I will give you a call.

Because I know you are a good worker and would like to learn something?
Mr Salty

Columbus, OH

#6 Feb 9, 2011
American Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a few days of hard labor would do you well.
We are still waiting for your solutions , or are you just another Obama drone?
Here's an idea......
shut down half the 800 bases our military has around the world and serve no current function.
Heres another: cut out the child tax rebate for anyone on foodstamps, WIC or welfare. Heck, just cut it out totally.
Change soc. security survivor benefits formula to a set amount, reduced by the percentage of the total children as they turn 18.
Here's another idea: means and needs test both Medicare and Social Security recipients. Hears another idea: enact a Fair Tax and eliminate ALL tax loopholes for everyone.
Hears another one: make people work 20 hours a week for food stamps and WIC, and audit where they live, ie. with parents.

BTW, I dont have ANY USE for liberals or conservatives, including their themed groups.
Got the guts for real change, or would you trip over your useless idealogy?
I'm a moderate.
regime change

Trafford, PA

#7 Feb 9, 2011
This is a proud moment in American history, one of those stirring times when misbegotten legislation, recognized at last to be harmful and unconstitutional, is dismantled. This was done with the Alien and Sedition Acts, the Fugitive Slave Law and the Prohibition amendment, and now it is time to tear down the evil apparatus of abortion, euthanasia and bureaucracy that the Obamacare law has so recently erected. We can then turn our attention to sending the failed and unmasked architect of this cockeyed scheme back to one of those wastelands where they still believe in Marx and Mohammed, and where you don't need a birth certificate.
howrad

Amelia, OH

#8 Feb 9, 2011
Funding for President Barack Obama's health-care law will be stripped from legislation to keep the government running for the remainder of the fiscal year, a House GOP leader said yesterday, setting up a showdown with Senate Democrats and the White House that could risk a government shutdown.

"Shut her down, Luke, she's a pumping mud.
CLINTONVILLE RESIDENT

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 9, 2011
Worked out so well in the 90's they are gonna do it again LOL!
American Joe

Dublin, OH

#11 Feb 10, 2011
Mr Salty wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an idea......
shut down half the 800 bases our military has around the world and serve no current function.
Heres another: cut out the child tax rebate for anyone on foodstamps, WIC or welfare. Heck, just cut it out totally.
Change soc. security survivor benefits formula to a set amount, reduced by the percentage of the total children as they turn 18.
Here's another idea: means and needs test both Medicare and Social Security recipients. Hears another idea: enact a Fair Tax and eliminate ALL tax loopholes for everyone.
Hears another one: make people work 20 hours a week for food stamps and WIC, and audit where they live, ie. with parents.
BTW, I dont have ANY USE for liberals or conservatives, including their themed groups.
I'm a moderate.
Think you are more conservative than moderate, by the way i have a FAIR TAX FLAG flying at my home.

SS needs to be raised to 68 and let people privatize there own if they want.

The 5000 Year Leap is a great book I think you would like.
howrad

Amelia, OH

#12 Feb 10, 2011
Mr Salty wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an idea......
I'm a moderate.
Hey man, you ain't a moderate. And you sound confused. My guess is your a closet conservative.
CincyTom

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Feb 11, 2011
American Joe, as with the Bible "The 5000 Year Leap" is highly subject to interpretation by people like Glenn Beck. If we were morally and ethically strong then we wouldn't need so many laws or regulation. It is most unfortunate that while many profess to believe in the Almighty few let that belief interfere with their lust for power and wealth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dennis Rehberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Americans split on Supreme Court decision (Jul '12) Jul '12 Gary 1
News Go take it off the mountain (Jan '12) Jan '12 Ron Barber 1
News Rep. Rehberg of Mont. seeks Tester's Senate seat (Feb '11) Feb '11 Storm Warning 8
News Rehberg makes pitch for Republican candidates (Jul '10) Jul '10 Liberakooks 5
Rehberg Demand relocation of Libby Mt. (May '10) May '10 Libby Victim 1
News Health care rally held in Helena (Aug '09) Aug '09 Lynn McAtee 2
News Rep. Rehberg back in Montana (Jul '09) Jul '09 Jay 1
More from around the web