Quirky long shots Kucinich and Paul stand tall on Iraq -

Do long-shot presidential candidates Dennis J. Kucinich, a Democrat, and Ron Paul, a Libertarian-turned-Republican, play any useful role in their respective parties' nomination contests? Clearly, the likelihood ... Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
pajoyo

Cambridge, MD

#127 Aug 5, 2007
Hey Musashi, WHAT?

“The past defines the future”

Since: Jul 07

Beijing, China

#128 Aug 5, 2007
Go here and vote for Ron Paul!

http://www.drudgereport.com/
Al Hidalgo

Cincinnati, OH

#129 Aug 7, 2007
So, Mr. Schaeffer, what do you make of this:

"Kucinich Wins in a Landslide 'On the Issues' Independent Online Analysis Shows"

Go to this link to see for yourself and, if you can spare a few moments, take the survey yourself:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_...

I think it behooves all of us American voters to consider the very issues themselves that personally consern us and NOT who the mainstream media has already 'anointed' as the 'front runners'(or even winners?) in the upcomong elecion, soley based on how much money they've raised or who the corporations want in the White House to secure their own special intrerests. This is not a horse race, my friends. Please do not vote for who you think will win - please, please, PLEASE, I urge you to vote with your hearts for who will be the best representative for your own specific and personal interests, be that Hilaryu Clinton, Duncan Hunter, or—yes, even Dennis Kucinich!. This is how democracy should work.

West Lafayette, IN

#130 Aug 7, 2007
ron paul is the man!! on republican side..at least he does not advocate preemptive war or "exporting democracy" theory..whatever the pools say..google his name u will see how many people support him

i agree with jason..major media just does not want the truth on ron paul, see:http://www.thenewsroom.com /details/269120?c_id=wom-bc-bg

bhumika
politics desk,the newsroom
Mike R from NJ

Philadelphia, PA

#131 Aug 7, 2007
Schaeffer, You're an idiot! You're are nothing more than a mindless-chatting parrot (instead of a Patriot).... Which is fitting, because you're a (quote unquote) teacher -----PERFECT, those that can't DO, teach.. Hey look, Just because you refuse to open your eyes and listen....Don't try to taint those that want to think for themselves. After reading your article, I immedately determined, you are a shell -- you repeat what others say, in your own words -- You're half of what is wrong with this country today. Corruption and malfeasance occur because of people like you. Let them train over you, but hey, at least you'll conform, You'll be part of the winning team. I know you want to believe what people tell you. But, if you were a true American, you would be supportive and encouraging of a guy like Ron Paul - Win or Lose. Why? Because he strives to be a Patriot. With the odds against him, he continues and fights... For what? His supporters, his beliefs. The man is 71, think about it, what other motives would he have?> So, lighten up, scum bag.
GO RON PAUL!
Mike R from NJ

Philadelphia, PA

#132 Aug 7, 2007
For the rest of you, BE MISLEAD NO LONGER.......... IT IS TIME FOR ALL OF YOU TO TAKE THE RED PILL. Yes! I am inspired: This is the first time in a very long time I have been so enthusiastic, inspired, and encouraged to VOTE in an Election! It is also the first time I have EVER taken money from my pocket to support ANY candidate -- EVER! Please BELIEVE and send RON your generous support... HE and WE can do it!!!! GO RON GO!!! Do not let the media fool you --- you know in your heart ----- We Americans have become disillusioned with our political system and our failures -(and they are many). Year after year, election after election we hear all the same crap: Lower taxes, balanced budget, smaller federal government, responsible foreign policy, blah, blah, blah.... But what are we left with, when the smoke clears??? Higher taxes, increasing federal deficits, huge-growing federal bureaucracy, and foreign policy based on deceit and lies ---- and worse, a domestic policy plagued by laws that contiue to dissolve and choke our freedoms; The same freedoms our forefathers vehemently fought and died for ..... We (the people) know things are not right; We feel it down to our deepest core, we are being deceived, cheated, and misled..... BUT we feel powerless to do anything about it. THINK!!!! The principles by which our great country was founded --- Those that allowed us, the United States of America, to rise above all nations.....Do you feel that we are being guided by those principals today? NOT! Are we moving toward or away from them? Open your eyes, break out of the trance.... I am confident that for many years our government's tidal current has allowed us to drift away from the wisdom that created this near perfect country. We need to return to the bluebrint, our Constitution. Are you watching these new laws being formed and enanced in the wake of 9/11, the Gun Controls, the NSA Wiretapping, Biometrics for proof of age, etc...... My friends, your rights are being battered, assaulted and ignored right in front of you..... They will soon become a fading memory. And, in the name of what? Terrorism? Don't be so easily engineered.... It is time to stand up. The first answer is quite simple, and it stands before you -- Ron Paul. Dr. Paul is the only man who can lead the way... I am confident that Dr. Paul will restore our great nation and reinstate the virtues of our Great Constitution. Dr. Paul supports that our government must return to idea that they operate solely, under the purist intentions of our Founding Fathers. Ron intends to 'turn back the clock' to governing in accordance with our Constitution. But Hey, Don't take it from me --- read, research his record, scrutinize his goals!!! It is all there.... Thank you Ron!!! You have re-inspired my hope for America. Too many, for too long have been fooled and misled into trading our rights for a false sense of security! VOTE RON PAUL 2008!
John

United States

#133 Aug 7, 2007
I'm voting for Kucinich in the primaries and the only republican I like is Paul.
To say that these two men have no chance of winning is ridiculous.

If Kucinich gets the support of the Union workers, he could surprise.

Beijing, China

#134 Aug 8, 2007
John wrote:
I'm voting for Kucinich in the primaries and the only republican I like is Paul.
To say that these two men have no chance of winning is ridiculous.
If Kucinich gets the support of the Union workers, he could surprise.
What's his voting record say about him? He ain't for liberty.
He ain't for getting rid of the income tax.
He ain't for do much of anything, except doing more of the same.
Ron Paul should be the man who you vote for, not some dullard democrat who's going to put the screws to us should he win.

And anyway, this is a Ron Paul list.
Brad

Henderson, KY

#135 Aug 9, 2007
What I want to know is...why does every single large media source start their stories about Ron Paul out by saying "he doesn't have a chance in hell"?

Do we really need some self-proclaimed two-bit pundit wannabe telling us, the American people, who does and does not stand a chance MONTHS in advance of a primary election?

Is this really what American politics has been reduced to? At this point I have to ask, are the writers of these articles opining on their real world observances or their own desires? What happens to journalistic integrity and electoral integrity when our own media seems more interested in brain washing us all to acquiesce to their self-fulfilling prophesies than informing us on a candidates viewpoints?

Wake up, people! We're being had.

Beijing, China

#136 Aug 9, 2007
Brad wrote:
What I want to know is...why does every single large media source start their stories about Ron Paul out by saying "he doesn't have a chance in hell"?
Do we really need some self-proclaimed two-bit pundit wannabe telling us, the American people, who does and does not stand a chance MONTHS in advance of a primary election?
We don't. But, you must remember, what you complain of is what the rest of 'us' have been lowered to.
The mass media knows full well what it is up to: Manipulation of public opinion. Why else, do you suppose, that their collectively stated opinions all remark of the same things? And whatever difference there may be, are entirely cosmetic.
Brad wrote:
Is this really what American politics has been reduced to?
Sad, but true. World politics has been reduced to a football game, and nobody wants to 'vote for a loser.'
So, the mass media is working –OVERTIME– to help form (read: manipulate) your opinion for you, by 'telling you' in advance who is a loser, and thereby –GIVE YOU YOUR OPINION– before you develop one yourself.
Heaven help that you should have your own opinion!
Brad wrote:
At this point I have to ask, are the writers of these articles opining on their real world observances or their own desires? What happens to journalistic integrity and electoral integrity when our own media seems more interested in brain washing us all to acquiesce to their self-fulfilling prophesies than informing us on a candidates viewpoints?
You are but one human in a sea of many, and your opinion is insignificant –– according to your political masters.
Brad wrote:
Wake up, people! We're being had.
The sleeper has awoken?

Beijing, China

#137 Aug 9, 2007
And just one additional thing:
Quite a time ago, in the golden age of the American mass media, news sources actually did report –just– the news, and no opinion.
The opinion was usually given separately as a monologue, immediately following the news.

Many people, not knowing the full story of the political arena, were left up in the air, as to what opinion they should form. Not that they should have formed one, you understand, but only that they had not been given the full story –– whether intentionally or otherwise –– and from thence opined on the barest of information.

The gist of all of this, was that an awful LOT of people publicly remarked that they didn't know who to vote for.
Enter the pundits: We will give you your opinion.
The rest is history.
Anyone going to work in the modern workplace is likely innundated by coworkers sharing their 'opinion' that was –GIVEN TO THEM– the night before, whether it be the news, the commentary, or the politically subtle shows that tend to foster a particular political theme, hoping that it will be absorbed on the uptake.

The expressed thought is something along the lines of: "He's a good man, but he has no chance of winning."
Or: "He's a looser, and if you vote for him, you'll be a loser too!"

And there you have it.
If there is –ANY– reason that he won't win, it will be that too many people were afraid to step out, and express their –OWN– opinion, come election day.

And finally: If Ron Paul is a loser, then I'm a loser, and so ain't you. But come election day, let us –ALL– be losers, so that we can become winners!
Gary

East Greenbush, NY

#138 Aug 14, 2007
This article is as retarded as the professor who wrote it.
Andrew

Salisbury, MD

#139 Aug 17, 2007
D-Man wrote:
Oh yes, it is extremely necessary to have these "gadflies" in the campaign and to make them even more visible than they are now. Why? Because the other candidates - except for Mike Gravel - have been bought by the stablished interests and will carry on the war until the last dollar has been wrung out of it. Nobody makes money from a quick war. The longer it lasts, the greater the profit. And the kicker is the new arms deal with our "friends" in the ME - over 20 billion dollars!- that will now go through to make the frightened locals feel macho again, and of course will ring the cash registers of the military industrial complex beneficiaries in the USA.
Business is business, eh? And war has always made somebody rich. This time it’s the inner circle of the supporters of the budding American Empire. No use talking about ethics when you espouse Empire. The Romans and the Brits and all the other Empires that have existed over the past few millenia have never had qualms about exercising the power that they had at the time. Use it or lose it. That is the maxim when power is involved.
Trouble is, you lose it faster the more you use it.
Have these people never read Sun Tzu and The Art of War? Here is a good example (one of many throughout this masterpiece):
In ancient times, those who governed well did not arm, those who were armed well did not set up battle lines, those who set up battle lines well did not fight, those who fought well did not lose, those who lost well did not perish.
In the USA all the opposites have come into play: Bad governing at home, ill-equipped army in the field, horrendous battle lines (where is the enemy?) and bad fighting (can’t ask, won’t tell). The only thing left is to lose well, and it seems even that won't happen.
One more quote: The exercise of kindness in battle leads to victory, the exercise of kindness in defense leads to security.
Ron Paul has the kindness and so does Kucinich. And kindness in the USA is regarded as a weakness instead of a strength. Tough luck for a nation that thinks being tough means being unkind.
... a nation destroyed cannot be restored to existence, and the dead cannot be restored to life.
Good stuff D-Man.
Andrew

Salisbury, MD

#140 Aug 17, 2007
Master Confucius wrote:
And just one additional thing:
Quite a time ago, in the golden age of the American mass media, news sources actually did report –just– the news, and no opinion.
The opinion was usually given separately as a monologue, immediately following the news.
Many people, not knowing the full story of the political arena, were left up in the air, as to what opinion they should form. Not that they should have formed one, you understand, but only that they had not been given the full story –– whether intentionally or otherwise –– and from thence opined on the barest of information.
The gist of all of this, was that an awful LOT of people publicly remarked that they didn't know who to vote for.
Enter the pundits: We will give you your opinion.
The rest is history.
Anyone going to work in the modern workplace is likely innundated by coworkers sharing their 'opinion' that was –GIVEN TO THEM– the night before, whether it be the news, the commentary, or the politically subtle shows that tend to foster a particular political theme, hoping that it will be absorbed on the uptake.
The expressed thought is something along the lines of: "He's a good man, but he has no chance of winning."
Or: "He's a looser, and if you vote for him, you'll be a loser too!"
And there you have it.
If there is –ANY– reason that he won't win, it will be that too many people were afraid to step out, and express their –OWN– opinion, come election day.
And finally: If Ron Paul is a loser, then I'm a loser, and so ain't you. But come election day, let us –ALL– be losers, so that we can become winners!
Yes, finally some intelligence emerging from all the noise.
tom500k

Nashua, NH

#141 Aug 21, 2007
Excellent and necessary article if we are to achieve democracy rather than maintain the present plutocracy (rule by the rich).

Prof Schaller please devote an article to another genuine patriot running for president, former Sen. Mike Gravel who read the "Pentagon Papers" into the Congressional Record and is the person most responsible for ending the draft and the '60s Iraq bloodbath, the illegal and counterproductive war against the people of Vietnam, Cambodia and Loas.
Stacie

Croydon, PA

#142 Aug 21, 2007
Don't be afraid of change Thomas! Its going to happen, be happy, be a part of it! Vote for Ron Paul!
Anarchy

Salisbury, MD

#143 Aug 22, 2007
Mr Reality wrote to a Dr. Ron Paul supporter:
<quoted text>
If you think Saddam Hussein didn't have WMD, you're less than insane...you're stupid. And you can't read.
You're obviously blissfully unawaren of the fact that he used them on Iran between 1980-1988; that he also used them on his own people (the Kurds), and that the pictures of dead, gassed people were all over the news.
You'd also be unaware that he was actively working to develop nuclear technology...that he tried to build a "super-gun" artillery piece in the 80's that would lob poison gas at Tel Aviv...
You'd also be unaware that Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa, a former head of the Romanian Secret Service who defected to the USA in the early 80's, is convinced that the Russians helped Saddam to move the WMD to Syria in the months preceding the war. General Pacepa worked closely with the KGB on these exact types of operations...so I'd hazard a guess he knows A LOT more about it than you.
Yes...stupid..and bliussfully ignorant.
That about sums up the Ron Paul crowd.
Ron Paul = Loser.
Ron Paul supporters = deluded losers.
Ron Paul! LOL!!!!

This idiot named "Mr. Reality" is trashing Dr. Paul on the board for Schaller's article about John McCain-"Despite his shrinking candidacy, McCain is still the GOP's best..."

You can respond at:

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/baltimore-s...
Ron

United States

#144 Aug 29, 2007
Go Ron Paul! Please sign the Ron Paul Is Right – Abolish the Federal Reserve Petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/fed/petition.ht...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dennis Kucinich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kucinich introduces resolution to impeach Bush (Jun '08) Dec 16 swedenforever 397
Sanders eyes 'political revolution' in Iowa Sep '14 Swedenforever 4
Foreclosure Help For Ohioans (Mar '10) Oct '13 Bonnie Campbell 17
Chemical weapons disposal will cost $1 billion,... (Sep '13) Sep '13 rtloder 73
Bill Clinton, Ted Cruz weigh in on defunding Ob... (Sep '13) Sep '13 conservative crapola 4
President Al-Assad's Interview With Fox News (Sep '13) Sep '13 conservative crapola 3
Kucinich interviews Bashar Assad (Sep '13) Sep '13 Syrian 1
More from around the web