Congress Returns to Town With Demand ...

Congress Returns to Town With Demand Obama Get OK on Libya

There are 55 comments on the Fox News story from May 22, 2011, titled Congress Returns to Town With Demand Obama Get OK on Libya. In it, Fox News reports that:

FILE: In this April 7, 2011, image made from television, a dust cloud is seen following the explosion of a missile, outside the strategic oil port of Brega, Libya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NOT from a Dictator

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 22, 2011
Congress is powerless when dealing with a Dictator.

Dictator Obama can do whatever he wants to. Dictator has exhibited this POWER over and over...

Next stop will be a grass roots uprising in Israel.

I'll NEVER understand why the Jewish Nation supported Obama.

Since: Jun 09

Los Angeles, CA

#2 May 22, 2011
NOT from a Dictator wrote:
Congress is powerless when dealing with a Dictator. Dictator Obama can do whatever he wants to. Dictator has exhibited this POWER over and over...Next stop will be a grass roots uprising in Israel. I'll NEVER understand why the Jewish Nation supported Obama.
Whether or not the "Jewish Nation" supported Obama would not matter if the American Nation did not support Obama.

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 22, 2011
Dictator Obama can do whatever he wants to. Dictator has exhibited this POWER over and over...
As long as each party takes the line that its OK to increasingly centralize power in executive hands -- as long as their guy occupies the White House -- we can probably look forward to more power for the president. Democrats don't speak up against Obama's increasing reliance upon czars and government by administrative fiat (esp. re: environmental regulation), Republicans did not speak up against warrantless searches, TARP and the Patriot Act. Whatever one thinks of the War Powers Act, it should either be enforced or repealed (as John glenn said). Harry Truman vetoed the Taft-Harley Act, then -- after his veto was overridden ([sp?)-- invoked it when he found it useful. There are many more examples, but our idiotic Congress will allow a president to seize more power since they trust one of their own, and ignoring the fact that when a guy from the other party comes in, he'll havew the greater power too. The parties only complain about the lack of congressional oversight when the other party controls the White House. Do we really expect our presidents to -- in the fashion of Cincinnatus -- yield power back to the assembly and go back to the farm once the "crisis" is over?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#4 May 22, 2011
It would be nice if they did what the law and constitution call for. Please could that happen???!!! If not, please, Tea Party. come and help us get rid of some of the wayward ones.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#5 May 22, 2011
It's about time for Congress to get some balls and act like a branch of our government. King Obama needs to be deposed quickly.
Deng

Zhenjiang, China

#6 May 22, 2011
HITLER-MINUS-THE HOLOCAUST-HOAX WHAT IS THERE NOW? THE ACTIONS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMER3ICA.
Frank Rizzo

Santa Rosa, CA

#8 May 22, 2011
Deng wrote:
HITLER-MINUS-THE HOLOCAUST-HOAX WHAT IS THERE NOW? THE ACTIONS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMER3ICA.
You forgot some... Don't forget tiananmen square and the harvest and global sales of human organs by the Chinese government...

Don't run a red light or spit out your chewing gum on the street in a Chinese city! The next thing you know, your liver will be on it's way to France for someone who drinks too much winge, and your skin will be used to repair burn victims in New Zealand!
frip

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 May 22, 2011
Boy, am I glad YOU guys aren't running the country. You're the same crowd that distracted the country with outrageous claims that Obama isn't a citizen.

On Wed, the President went on TV to prove he was and said he had more important stuff to do. That Sunday, he gave the order for Bin Laden to be killed.

I guess he does have more important things to do than to listen to you chickens clucking. And thank goodness, he does it.

Obama's not born here. He's a Muslim! How did he get into Harvard?
Really, I'm glad our government, as set up by the Founders (who didn't think the masses should be involved in all of the decisions because they were and are susceptible to mob rule and emotional melt-downs --, protects us from people like you.

Lapeer, MI

#10 May 22, 2011
frip wrote:
Boy, am I glad YOU guys aren't running the country. You're the same crowd that distracted the country with outrageous claims that Obama isn't a citizen.
On Wed, the President went on TV to prove he was and said he had more important stuff to do. That Sunday, he gave the order for Bin Laden to be killed.
I guess he does have more important things to do than to listen to you chickens clucking. And thank goodness, he does it.
Obama's not born here. He's a Muslim! How did he get into Harvard?
Really, I'm glad our government, as set up by the Founders (who didn't think the masses should be involved in all of the decisions because they were and are susceptible to mob rule and emotional melt-downs --, protects us from people like you.
The paths that lead off of cliffs are well worn. You are wearing out another:)

Los Angeles, CA

#11 May 22, 2011
frip wrote:
Boy, am I glad YOU guys aren't running the country. You're the same crowd that distracted the country with outrageous claims that Obama isn't a citizen. On Wed, the President went on TV to prove he was and said he had more important stuff to do. That Sunday, he gave the order for Bin Laden to be killed. I guess he does have more important things to do than to listen to you chickens clucking. And thank goodness, he does it. Obama's not born here. He's a Muslim! How did he get into Harvard? Really, I'm glad our government, as set up by the Founders (who didn't think the masses should be involved in all of the decisions because they were and are susceptible to mob rule and emotional melt-downs --, protects us from people like you.
Facts about President Obama:
1. He is a natural born citizen of the of the United States.
2. He graduated from Harvard University
3. He was right to expedite Osama bin Laden's trip to hell
4. He is not Satan Incarnate, but neither is he doing a very good job as POTUS

Lapeer, MI

#12 May 22, 2011
Card Carrying Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts about President Obama:
1. He is a natural born citizen of the of the United States.
2. He graduated from Harvard University
3. He was right to expedite Osama bin Laden's trip to hell
4. He is not Satan Incarnate, but neither is he doing a very good job as POTUS
5. He is a snake in the grass.
jimmy the geek

Tampa, FL

#13 May 22, 2011
anyone thinks that odumba really gives a crap is stupid ... odumba's already gone over congress' head twice! you think he won't do it again!!!

at least Bush asked for congress to approve it when he invaded iran!!

Lapeer, MI

#14 May 22, 2011
jimmy the geek wrote:
anyone thinks that odumba really gives a crap is stupid ... odumba's already gone over congress' head twice! you think he won't do it again!!!
That's why he's called King Obama. He has been repeatedly quoted and recorded as stating that the U.S. Constitution is a flawed document.
THIS is your President...

Los Angeles, CA

#15 May 22, 2011
jimmy the geek wrote:
First of all, you're right about President Obama.
Second of all, President Bush never invaded Iran -- although perhaps her should have.:-)
Thirdly, Bush and Hanky Panky Paulson took extrordinary liberties with the application of TARP by making them direct payments to banks and twisting the arms of big banks that didn't want the TARP money. Bush proudly admits this in his memoirs ("Decision Points") OTOH, Congress was stupid enough to give Bush many of the powers that he abused, as it did for Obama with Obamacare. I certainly don't waqnt non-stop gridlock in DC, but we need to elect representatives and senators that aren't afraid to tell a president to go to hell (not literally, of curse)-- charisma and earmarks be damned! If we weant a parliament that rubberstamps an imperial president we can move to Syria!

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 22, 2011
shinningelectr0n wrote:
That's why he's called King Obama. He has been repeatedly quoted and recorded as stating that the U.S. Constitution is a flawed document.
THIS is your President...
OK, but Congress needs to stand up to imperial presidents consistently. Not just when the POTUs happens to be of the opposing party. The last time that Congress did not consistently cower before a president who was of the same party was with Jimmy Carter.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#17 May 22, 2011
Because Jewish voters were seduced by his choice of a Jewish vp, duh. It was brilliant campaign strategy, better than having Hillary run with him.

Location hidden

#18 May 22, 2011
Obama's law career appears to be nothing more than window dressing, hobby-like; a mere veneer of competency and a very thin one at that.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr/06/natio...

Lapeer, MI

#19 May 22, 2011
Card Carrying Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, but Congress needs to stand up to imperial presidents consistently. Not just when the POTUs happens to be of the opposing party. The last time that Congress did not consistently cower before a president who was of the same party was with Jimmy Carter.
I honestly believe that the enemy is us, the voters. We are too easily wooed.

Lapeer, MI

#20 May 22, 2011
nanoanomaly wrote:
Obama's law career appears to be nothing more than window dressing, hobby-like; a mere veneer of competency and a very thin one at that.
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr/06/natio...
A springboard

Location hidden

#21 May 22, 2011
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A springboard
Dang, I wish you'd quit DOING THAT! I deleted "springboard" from that post...

Sometimes you really spook me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dennis Kucinich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton faces recount over rival's 'vot... (Jan '08) Nov '16 Obama encourages ... 24
News Kucinich introduces resolution to impeach Bush (Jun '08) Oct '16 Walkers campaign ... 409
News Hustler's Larry Flynt pokes Donald Trump with p... (Apr '16) Apr '16 SSGT William Karol 3
News Leavenworth gets WikiLeaks suspect (Apr '11) Mar '16 JackArmStrong 30
News Caldeira comes clean on chemtrails (Mar '15) Mar '15 Dan 1
News Sanders eyes 'political revolution' in Iowa (Sep '14) Sep '14 Swedenforever 4
News Foreclosure Help For Ohioans (Mar '10) Oct '13 Bonnie Campbell 17
More from around the web