Democrats, losing ground in Wisconsin, play down recall election

May 28, 2012 | Posted by: Jim R Pickens | Full story: www.latimes.com

Recent polls have pointed toward a victory for Republican Gov. Scott Walker in Wisconsin's June 5 recall election.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wisconsin could foreshadow the November Presidential elections. Republican Gov. Scott Walker and the collective bargaining dispute with unions have made this a clear vote on differing idealogies.

It will be interesting to see what direction this election goes.
Truth

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Ha ha ha, Walker won big time. Unions lose big time!

There is hope after all.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Jim R Pickens wrote:
Wisconsin could foreshadow the November Presidential elections. Republican Gov. Scott Walker and the collective bargaining dispute with unions have made this a clear vote on differing idealogies.
It will be interesting to see what direction this election goes.
The Scott Walker victory does indeed point to a Republican resurgence... the Democrats had a four year chance, blew it, so fair play say let the other tean have an "inning at bat".

Let's hope the best man wins and can turn this so far unstopable downward spiral America has been on for years now around.
Phil Shipley

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scott Walker victory does indeed point to a Republican resurgence... the Democrats had a four year chance, blew it, so fair play say let the other tean have an "inning at bat".
Let's hope the best man wins and can turn this so far unstopable downward spiral America has been on for years now around.
You are a friggen idiot, can you at least be smart about anything and quit talkin out your a$$
it is I

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Phil Shipley wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a friggen idiot, can you at least be smart about anything and quit talkin out your a$$
Or he could be like you, a sore loser.
uIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 5, 2012
 
Our Media Not Theirs, Robert McChesney & John Nichols, p31

media criticism
corporate media
media
democracy
quotation
The corporate media are more than willing to entertain the idea that their main problem is that they are too critical of big business, the military, and people in power, and too sympathetic to the dispossessed. It reconfirms their self-image as some sort of feisty Fourth Estate. They are unwilling to even broach the idea that they sit atop a system that was set up in a corrupt manner and that works to advance the interests of corporate American and limit democracy.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Phil Shipley wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a friggen idiot, can you at least be smart about anything and quit talkin out your a$$
Meanwhile the best you can do is sniff behind every post I make, jeering like the sub-literate cretin that you are, "Phil".

And *that's* pretty pathetic... you know?

But no surprise there, pal.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Phil Shipley

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 5, 2012
 
it is I wrote:
<quoted text>
Or he could be like you, a sore loser.
I could care less about politics. I just am messing with our local village idiot.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 5, 2012
 
it is I wrote:
<quoted text>
Or he could be like you, a sore loser.
No, I vote in Georgia, not Wisconsin, pal.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

No, you will see Americans begin to get that old American spirit again. Business is waiting patiently for the November elections to be over so they can begin hiring again. The people want the military to leave the middle east. Obama gave most of it to the Muslim brotherhood anyway. Then we can use the money we are wasting there to begin to pay our debts before they lower our credit rating again. First we have to get rid of the "wart on our nose", the liberal Democrats. And we will come November.
it is I

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 5, 2012
 
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I vote in Georgia, not Wisconsin, pal.
I was not referring to you being a sore loser. Just him. He seems rather ill tempered tonight for some reason.
Phil Shipley

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 5, 2012
 
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile
You are the one sniffing moonbat, trying to sniff out some interest in your pathetic "music" or whatever you call that garbage.
You are the pathetic loser.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

That old crab needs a glass of bubbly to celebrate the loss of Union dominance in this country. There are less then 10% of our workers in Unions yet you would think they had great power. It is obvious they no longer do.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jim R Pickens wrote:
Wisconsin could foreshadow the November Presidential elections. Republican Gov. Scott Walker and the collective bargaining dispute with unions have made this a clear vote on differing idealogies.
It will be interesting to see what direction this election goes.
Well we now know which way it went and it was a crushing defeat for the vile, public union thugs! Hurray to Governor Walker and the courageous Republican legislature!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 5, 2012
 
it is I wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not referring to you being a sore loser. Just him. He seems rather ill tempered tonight for some reason.
Yeah, I noticed that... hey "Phil", take a chill-pill!

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 5, 2012
 
Sorry about the repeat posts... Topix.com has seemed a bit flaky tonight.

Perhaps the influence of Venus?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 5, 2012
 
Cat74 wrote:
That old crab needs a glass of bubbly to celebrate the loss of Union dominance in this country. There are less then 10% of our workers in Unions yet you would think they had great power. It is obvious they no longer do.
Poor old "Phil"'s having a bad night, that's for sure... heh.
peoplespoke

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 5, 2012
 
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we now know which way it went and it was a crushing defeat for the vile, public union thugs! Hurray to Governor Walker and the courageous Republican legislature!
yeah not to mention the thousands of employees who work for a living who have to pay more and get less so the rich can get a break. Those vile school teachers got what they deserved. Shame on them for wanting to be able to bargain ccollectively. Pfft democracy? Fairness? What a joke. They can suck it up or leave wisconsin. Which I hope they are able to get out. Because wisconsin will not be a nice place to work in just a few short years.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 5, 2012
 
Phil Shipley wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less about politics. I just am
...Obsessively sniffing behind every post I make?

There you go stating the obvious again, my sub-literate little friend.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Pitiful Choices

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jim R Pickens wrote:
Wisconsin could foreshadow the November Presidential elections. Republican Gov. Scott Walker and the collective bargaining dispute with unions have made this a clear vote on differing idealogies.
It will be interesting to see what direction this election goes.
What difference does it make? you friggin republicans are equally bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••