Congresswomen describe seeing Gifford...

Congresswomen describe seeing Giffords open eye

There are 53 comments on the WICD story from Jan 13, 2011, titled Congresswomen describe seeing Giffords open eye. In it, WICD reports that:

Days after being shot in the head point-blank, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has opened an eye for the first time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WICD.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gladys

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Jan 13, 2011
Now President Obama is a healer, oh bother.......

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Winter Park, FL

#4 Jan 13, 2011
She's pretty amazing! Excellent news.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Winter Park, FL

#5 Jan 13, 2011
gladys wrote:
Now President Obama is a healer, oh bother.......
It's like everything else he'd involved with, it doesn't get better until he's gone. The country is in deep trouble while he occupies the WH.
gladys

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Jan 13, 2011
the Messiah wrote:
She's pretty amazing! Excellent news.
I agree it is pretty amazing and I wish he nothing but the best, but he turned this into a pep rally. Giving out t-shirts.....
Hooting and hollering at a memorial service? I guess I am old school,
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#7 Jan 13, 2011
The event was held at a university, it contained students, and the words from the guests and President were appropos to a solemn event to support those who have died and those who are fighting for their lives.

As we have seen in earlier threads, some of you would gripe at anything and everything.

The exciting news that Mrs. Gifford is doing better and an event to bring our nation to together is of course another example for your negative comments.

No surprise at all.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#8 Jan 13, 2011
The audience was obviously honored to have the President in their presence by their enthusiastic cheers. The President was very moving, powerful and inspiring last night when he spoke. His speech was remarkable as he connected Americans in a personal way to those six people that passed away, especially little 9 year old Christina. President Obama struck the perfect tone about political dialog and using word that heal instead of those that wound. And he brought the house down with the news on the congress woman opening her eyes for the first time.
serfs up

Plano, TX

#9 Jan 13, 2011
Responsibility wrote:
The event was held at a university, it contained students, and the words from the guests and President were appropos to a solemn event to support those who have died and those who are fighting for their lives.
As we have seen in earlier threads, some of you would gripe at anything and everything.
The exciting news that Mrs. Gifford is doing better and an event to bring our nation to together is of course another example for your negative comments.
No surprise at all.
This is just the political elitists circling the barn and playing the brotherhood mantra for their own power. The bring our nation together stuff has been missing in recent years. And after the legislation shoved through the last couple of them with the the last month or so, well no tea party member will ever, ever believe a progressive again. If they do, they are fools. But yeah, it is a tragedy. Especially for innocent civilians not involved in government.
Tubby

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2011
It's disgusting how democrats are USING this woman to re-shape their own images.

Don't worry, the Prez will be parading Ms Gifford around for the 2012 election.

Just watch! It WILL happen.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#11 Jan 13, 2011
It was nice to hear that she opened her eyes. It's still so early but you wonder if a full or near full recovery is possible now given the optimistic reports.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#13 Jan 13, 2011
Responsibility wrote:
The event was held at a university, it contained students, and the words from the guests and President were appropos to a solemn event to support those who have died and those who are fighting for their lives.
As we have seen in earlier threads, some of you would gripe at anything and everything.
The exciting news that Mrs. Gifford is doing better and an event to bring our nation to together is of course another example for your negative comments.
No surprise at all.
Overall, I thought the speech was fine. It's clear the November Shellacking made a big difference in the content & tone. Like anything else Obama, words don't mean much because he's made a career of saying one thing and doing another.

It wasn't an "Event," it was a Memorial. Big difference and you know it. The cheering was out of place and not appropriate for people Grieving. While I can't say Obama told them to do it, it was obvious he wanted that kind of outburst and had the husband of Giffords front & center as a nice "Prop."
Getflushed

Torrance, CA

#14 Jan 13, 2011
As with every recent tragedy in America since 2000, within minutes of this horror Leftist pundits disrespected and interrupted every good citizen wanting to pray for the victims and their families. It continues with the most transparent tomfoolery from the Left, who even refuse to understand "blood libel" and especially how reasonable Americans see right through their sick transformation of memorial services into whooping and cheering and self congratulation. Can we expect more from those promoting marijuana, that causes the psychotic breaks we've witnessed? Can we expect more from street people and street leaders, who kill their young and their futures in celebrations of sick, empty, temporary liberation? No.
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#15 Jan 13, 2011
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Its pretty tough for you guys when our President is cheered. Sorry!

LOLL
Mothra

Portland, OR

#16 Jan 13, 2011
The laughing liberal wrote:
It was nice to hear that she opened her eyes. It's still so early but you wonder if a full or near full recovery is possible now given the optimistic reports.
"Giffords is in a drug-induced coma in intensive care. Doctors frequently awaken her to check her responsiveness, and she could open her eyes and respond to simple commands Sunday - an encouraging sign, said Rhee said."

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/01...

This was reported Sunday.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#18 Jan 13, 2011
gladys wrote:
<quoted text>I agree it is pretty amazing and I wish he nothing but the best, but he turned this into a pep rally. Giving out t-shirts.....
Hooting and hollering at a memorial service? I guess I am old school,
T-Shirt???!!!!!!! W-T-F! I just looked into that and see it'd True!

Who in the Hell hands out Free Tee-Shirts at a Memorial Service following a Mass Murder?

Barack Obama! W-T-F!

Shirts sit on back before memorial service

Shirts sit on the back of chairs before a memorial service for the victims of Saturday's shootings at McKale Memorial Center on the University of Arizona campus Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011, in Tucson, Ariz.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo...
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#19 Jan 13, 2011
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text> and had the husband of Giffords front & center as a nice "Prop."
Your cynicism is showing, dear friend, because it is entirely appropriate that Mr. Gifford sat with the Obamas.

Next gripe ....

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#20 Jan 13, 2011
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Its pretty tough for you guys when our President is cheered. Sorry!
LOLL
Sorry dipsh*t but having drones Cheer at a Solemn Memorial Service is clearly out of place. Only a POS like you thinks of Obama first and the Victims or Grieving Survivors Last.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#21 Jan 13, 2011
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"Giffords is in a drug-induced coma in intensive care. Doctors frequently awaken her to check her responsiveness, and she could open her eyes and respond to simple commands Sunday - an encouraging sign, said Rhee said."
http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/01...
This was reported Sunday.
Wow! You're Right.

That POS Obama was "Grand-Standing" by implying she opened her eyes for the FIRST TIME after he arrived.

That stinking Maggot! What a piece of Filth.

“Pamela isn't a natural blonde”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#23 Jan 13, 2011
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Overall, I thought the speech was fine. It's clear the November Shellacking made a big difference in the content & tone. Like anything else Obama, words don't mean much because he's made a career of saying one thing and doing another.
It wasn't an "Event," it was a Memorial. Big difference and you know it. The cheering was out of place and not appropriate for people Grieving. While I can't say Obama told them to do it, it was obvious he wanted that kind of outburst and had the husband of Giffords front & center as a nice "Prop."
And the sniping continues....

All politicians say one thing and do another, regardless of what party they belong to. As far as the pep rally atmosphere goes, this is how most young adults behave today since they aren't taught proper social skills anymore. Judging by the majority of comments on Topix, it's apparent there are no adults left to show them by example how to behave. I believe most of the cheering was for one of their fellow students who managed to keep the Congresswoman alive until the medics could get there.

Regarding "props," I distinctly recall former President George W. Bush having families of the victims of 9/11/01 and wounded soldiers in the audience of some of his speeches, so it wouldn't be unusual for President Obama to do the same. Nearly all politicians have taken advantage of opportunities to make themselves look better whenever they could.

This is what upsets me the most about politics--everyone points fingers at their opposition when they are equally guilty of similar things. They should all just grow up, quit sniping and fulfill the promises they made to us voters when they were on the campaign trail.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#24 Jan 13, 2011
I was listening to an interview of a mother who had a daughter at that university returning from the break. She said the daughter felt she had Whiplash from going through their Grieving town and expecting a solemn and reflective Memorial Service to what turned into an Obama Campaign rally.

The more I look into what happened, the more I'm disappointed.

- Lying about her Opening her eyes for the 1st Time after he stepped out.

- Handing Out T-Shirts!

- Giffords Husband as a Prop between POS Michelle and Ms Eddie Munster.

- Obamabots Cheering like it was a Pep Rally

One thing by itself is not that offensive but combined make for another disappointing showing.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#25 Jan 13, 2011
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cynicism is showing, dear friend, because it is entirely appropriate that Mr. Gifford sat with the Obamas.
Next gripe ....
Really? At A MEMORIAL? I don't think so. That's to remember the Dead. His wife looks like she's going to survive and recover.

It's appropriate for them to comfort the Grieving which they did not. Those people are Too Low on the Totem Pole.

It was obvious that the Politicians are More Important than the Regular People. It's called Elitism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wasserman Schultz fights to hold onto House sea... 16 min Gov Corbutt of th... 2
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown (Aug '15) Aug 17 Trumpty Dumpty Korea 740
News Hacker posts personal info of House Democrats a... Aug 14 Le Jimbo 2
News Debbie Wasserman blasts emails questioning Sand... Aug 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News WikiLeaks, Assange continue hacking away at Ame... Aug 3 LeDuped 17
News What The DNC Leaks Say About Our Need For Self-... Aug 2 southern at heart 3
News South Florida braces for affects of possible Ha... (Jan '10) Jul 31 Missy 17
More from around the web