Democrats criticize Romney for 'unemployed' joke

Jun 16, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSRO-AM Santa Rosa

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney told a group of out-of-work Floridians Thursday that "I'm also unemployed," quickly drawing criticism from Democrats who said it showed the former Massachusetts governor and multimillionaire was out of touch.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of255
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Romney should run as a democrat. He thinks just like them. Liberalism leads to mental illness. Ask Weiner or Spitzer or Edwards or Bill Clinton and you will get the same answer...CIGAR TUBES!
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Almost as Funny as OBAMAS Lil "SHOVEL READY JOKE"...HELLO!!

“ What do I know?”

Since: Nov 10

Bugtussle, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Poor millionaire religionist...

Outta work.

He must know how to fix the economy...!
WH Bumbling Buffoon

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Obamunism and Communism wrote:
Romney should run as a democrat. He thinks just like them. Liberalism leads to mental illness. Ask Weiner or Spitzer or Edwards or Bill Clinton and you will get the same answer...CIGAR TUBES!
Which begs the question....Is John Kerry's (another dem tax evader extraordinaire) yacht shaped like a cigar tube too?
Schwine

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Hoo-else

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

The unemployed in America need raise hell over the POTUS giggling at his waste of a trillion dollars while they remain out of work. The real recipients of stimulus were unions, fat cat contributors (especially Ambassador Gips) and any goofy research project that wandered by.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Obamunism and Communism wrote:
Yeah, and how about Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Jim Gibbons, David Vitter, Don Sherwood, Richard Curtis.....just to name a few Republicans who have been involved in sex scandals. Are they all mentally ill too? There is a rather long list of them.

(Rush Limbaugh, the long-term "mouth" for the Republican party is mentally ill, too..........right?)

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

I think the joke was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, nothing more.
Sometimes it helps to find some humor during bad times.

What each and every politician running for the presidency needs to do is live briefly with a family that is struggling with unemployment, a mortgage, rent payment or foreclosure, unpaid bills, no health insurance, putting food on the table, just trying to survive to get an inkling of what many Americans have to cope with.
harold

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
This would help how, exactly?
to show this political class we are not here to entertain them.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

The author of the comment should remember that words on a page have only the voice we give them as readers. Be assured, some readers will--as did I--give the words a serious voice. To be read tongue-in-cheek, there would need to be something funny about the content in any context, and there wasn't.
harold

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
This would help how, exactly?
plus then the banks won't get it all on pennies on the dollar, that's what this is about isn't it? give em burned out husks for assets.
short trus micro bus

Varna, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

i`ll take "crooks" for $500 , alex

A bond trader for president? what next...

bUzZ , alex the obious is , what is a counterfieter and forgery artist
Hoo-else

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

harold wrote:
<quoted text> to show this political class we are not here to entertain them.
Where is you indignation towards the guy who mortgaged your kids' future. He too, remember, is a millionaire giggling like a schoolgirl after blowing a trillion bucks, and now wants to borrow more from China for some goofy program.
harold

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

it's all a big joke to these presidents , ex presidents and presidential candidates. telling their constituents one thing, and laughing about it at the banking meeting.
drink the hive

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

"Anyways, As A Native American, I Can Say That If You Were Given Property By The Government In The Early Days Of This Country, Then You Stole It From Me Or My Brothers."

Nancy Pelosi.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bQ0SqifjNcg/THncgtR...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

more idiocy from the media and the left wing loons.
mostly, from that looniest of loons, debbie schultz.

“ What do I know?”

Since: Nov 10

Bugtussle, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
Oh!

Found a new teat to suck, eh?

Good for you!
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

harold wrote:
<quoted text> plus then the banks won't get it all on pennies on the dollar, that's what this is about isn't it? give em burned out husks for assets.
Your riot and anarchy tirade is by far worse than any banker ever treated you, for sure.
Hoo-else

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Only a moron would think this is anything but a desperate deflection from the left to take the heat off Obama for his idiot shovel remark. Talk about being out of touch...it was his gigantic failed program, you'd think he'd have enough sense not to joke about something the majority of the country didn't want and is quite ticked off about happening.
WH Bumbling Buffoon

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
Yep.

But then, what else are they good for?....aside from bringing slippers to their massas?

And hating America, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of255
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••