Rep. Dan Maffei On Colbert: Prostitut...

Rep. Dan Maffei On Colbert: Prostitutes, Cocaine, NAMBLA, Oh My

There are 13 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Apr 7, 2009, titled Rep. Dan Maffei On Colbert: Prostitutes, Cocaine, NAMBLA, Oh My. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

Stephen Colbert's latest iteration of his awkward-moment inducing series, "Better Know A District," went after new comedic ground by revisiting one of the series most notorious, and hilarious, moments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

nobleagl

Long Beach, MS

#1 Apr 8, 2009
The Colbert Report is the funniest show on television.
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#2 Apr 8, 2009
You would think that, by now, people would tread lightly around Colbert. He ALWAYS manages to hit his guests with a few stingers regardless of who it is. Stephen is genius.
koz

Akron, OH

#3 Apr 8, 2009
Zydeco wrote:
Stephen is genius.
Genius controlled by dishonesty and evil intent benefits only a few at the expense of the vast majority.

“If The Shoe Fits”

Since: Feb 08

Medina, Ohio

#4 Apr 8, 2009
I can't stand the guy.
progressive

Lamoni, IA

#5 Apr 8, 2009
I agree that Colbert is a genius, and that it is the funniest show on television. The psychological testing people should just have people watch and react to Colbert and find out how smart and how sane they are. I am less impressed with a so-called genius, which may be a fluke, than with a person wise enough to laugh with colbert. But too many American voters are too mean and stupid, and not really sane, and it is dangerous to play along with him when a Congressman has to worry about some second-rate opportunist like the guy in Florida, full of ambition and no morals. If he is a doctor, he ought to stay in medicine, if he is competent. If not, let him go on the unemployment line!. wexler it gutsy, and dared to say the word impeachment, instead of being scared off by mama Nancy telling democrats to just play nice and be positive. Aniother scoundrel, George smaterhs, beat a courageous Senator Claude Pepper, i a Senate primary many years ago - by playing on the stupidity of Florida voters. We'll see whether folks in florida have gotten any smarter or more decent since then! The article on the Wexler situation is listed on the site just under the video on this NY guy. The beard may have helped, in his case. I can understand why someone would be worried about challenging Ciolbert, but it would be worth it - I have seen him with Ron Paul and Huckabee, and the woman secreatary of Education, and Cookie Monster, and they all held their own with him! Of course, he did not get Cookie monster to play along with this little gag he uses on members of Congress.
shadow

Montgomery, AL

#6 Apr 8, 2009
ever wish you wer cool?
all the time.....

“Snooze you lose”

Since: Mar 07

Sunnyvale, CA

#7 Apr 8, 2009
Some Republicans think he is funny. He was invited to the 2006 White House Correspondents Assoc Dinner as a featured performer. He didn't pull punches. Good stuff.
It was practically a viral video a couple years back.
shadow

Maxton, NC

#8 Apr 8, 2009
workerbeedrone wrote:
Some Republicans think he is funny. He was invited to the 2006 White House Correspondents Assoc Dinner as a featured performer. He didn't pull punches. Good stuff.
It was practically a viral video a couple years back.
best skit i ever seen...and bush and luara....priceless
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#9 Apr 8, 2009
koz wrote:
<quoted text>Genius controlled by dishonesty and evil intent benefits only a few at the expense of the vast majority.
No, genius controlled by a wicked sense of humor, something you obviously do not have. Stephen's only intent is to poke fun at the pompous. And, FYI, since it is obvious that you have never seen the show, Stephen skewers everyone equally. If a guest is a buffoon, Stephen exposes the buffoonery. That's what he does so brilliantly.
koz

Akron, OH

#11 Apr 8, 2009
Zydeco wrote:
No, genius controlled by a wicked sense of humor, something you obviously do not have.
I always try to avoid wickedness. So, thank you.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#12 Apr 8, 2009
I haven't used my satellite dish in years, and only see 3-4 boring stations. Who is Colbert?
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#13 Apr 9, 2009
too droll to troll wrote:
I haven't used my satellite dish in years, and only see 3-4 boring stations. Who is Colbert?
Stephen Colbert, from Charleston, SC, is the host of "The Colbert Report" (pronounced "colbear repore"). It is broadcast Mon - Thurs at 11:30pm on Comedy Central. It is re-broadcast the following day at 6ish.

You can also find clips of the show at YouTube and Hulu.
nobleagl

Long Beach, MS

#14 Apr 12, 2009
Stephen Colbert is the Ernie Kovaks for the 21st century.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Daniel Maffei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal trust fund has millions to clean up env... (May '10) May '10 News Watcher 1
More from around the web