Minnesota, North Dakota sugar beet fa...

Minnesota, North Dakota sugar beet farmers don't want policy changed

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 7, 2010, titled Minnesota, North Dakota sugar beet farmers don't want policy changed. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Sugar beet farmers in the Red River Valley of eastern North Dakota and northwest Minnesota say federal sugar policy is working and should not be changed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

oh come on

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jul 7, 2010
Where is the rest of the story? What "means" are employed to maintain pricing of American sugar? Come on , Pi Press! Journalism means you ask the pertinent questions that logically follow such a statement! What a rag!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#2 Jul 7, 2010
Sounds as if the farmers know what they are talking about - and they should. It is their livlihood that depends on fair market values and stable pricing for sugar beets.

Listen to the experts. Don't change the ploicy.
Mtka

Minnetonka, MN

#3 Jul 7, 2010
oh come on wrote:
Where is the rest of the story? What "means" are employed to maintain pricing of American sugar? Come on , Pi Press! Journalism means you ask the pertinent questions that logically follow such a statement! What a rag!
click on "full story" you moron. That's where the rest of the story is.
Adam

Blue Bell, PA

#4 Jul 7, 2010
I wouldn't want to change a policy that put that much cash in my pocket either.
oh come on

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 7, 2010
Mtka wrote:
<quoted text>
click on "full story" you moron. That's where the rest of the story is.
Here's the "full story" which I read before commenting, "genius:"

"AMENIA, N.D. Sugar beet farmers in the Red River Valley of eastern North Dakota and northwest Minnesota say federal sugar policy is working and should not be changed.

They spoke today at a forum at a southeast North Dakota farm. Rep. Collin Peterson of Minnesota, the House Agriculture Committee chairman, and North Dakota Rep. Earl Pomeroy held the forum on how the farm bill is working and what changes should be made by the next Congress.

The U.S. sugar program uses several means to influence the amount of sugar available to the U.S. market. The Agriculture Department says it supports domestic sugar prices above comparable levels on the world market, without costing the U.S. taxpayer.

Barney farmer and American Sugarbeet Growers Association President Russ Mauch says the current sugar policy has maintained a balanced market and helped sustain fair prices."

If that qualifies as a "full story" in your mind, that tells me how much cranial storage space you have to work with.
DENG

Chengdu, China

#6 Jan 25, 2012
MORE LOWER WAGES IN THE USA; SUPPORT THE UNIONS AS KFC AND MCDONALDS IN CHINA ARE ALL UNION RAISING THE SALARIES TO A LIVABLE LEVEL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collin Peterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News States push to keep people from buying junk foo... Mar 11 coyote505 3
News Farm bill plows under direct payments (Feb '14) Feb '14 super ball xlviiiii 1
News The Fix: What Henry Waxman's retirement tells u... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Le Jimbo 7
News House Republicans to push $40 billion cut to fo... (Aug '13) Aug '13 swedenforever 97
News Republicans drop food stamps from farm bill (Jul '13) Jul '13 WeTheSheeple 8
News House GOP passes farm bill without food stamps (Jul '13) Jul '13 Halito 1
News House Republicans dropping food stamps from far... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jeff Brightone 1
More from around the web