BREAKING NEWS: Obama lifts stem cell...

BREAKING NEWS: Obama lifts stem cell restrictions.

There are 69 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Mar 9, 2009, titled BREAKING NEWS: Obama lifts stem cell restrictions.. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

Pledging that his administration will "make scientific decisions based on facts, not ideology," President Obama on Monday lifted the Bush administration's strict limits on human embryonic stem cell research.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ridiculous

United States

#61 Mar 11, 2009
Free America_ wrote:
<quoted text>
why use embroys. adult stem cell... its the only way to fly...
Because adult stem cells cannot provide the right types of cells..Are you now saying that we should fund adult stem cells and not ESC's? BTW Obama clearly said that if they figure out that ASC's will work just the same he agrees we should not use ESC's. Please do some BETTER research.
ridiculous

United States

#62 Mar 11, 2009
What- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great post! Either that class rubbing off on you or you already thought in the manner that that class in an overall subject of ("conceptual engineering")-- and I never even thought to tell Free America_ that "NOBODY HAS SAID THEY EXPECT IT TO COMPLETELY CURE ANYTHING" LOL!
Yeah I checked to see if you had already said that somewhere but did not see it. I guess to some people being able to use the bathroom or have sex again isn't worth tax money but I still say I'd rather use tax money to help those people gain some part of their life back instead of giving it to damn crooked banks or to make more expensive cars no one can afford.

“Run piggie Run!!”

Since: Feb 09

It's on my Avatar.

#63 Mar 11, 2009
ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
Because adult stem cells cannot provide the right types of cells..Are you now saying that we should fund adult stem cells and not ESC's? BTW Obama clearly said that if they figure out that ASC's will work just the same he agrees we should not use ESC's. Please do some BETTER research.
My research is good. unfortunately those on the left choose to ignore all research. If Obama said that then clearly the White House researchers need to do better research.

here is one hyperlink and it's not wiki. lol

http://www.stemcellresearchcures.com/FactvsMy...
ridiculous

Charles City, VA

#64 Mar 13, 2009
Free America_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My research is good. unfortunately those on the left choose to ignore all research. If Obama said that then clearly the White House researchers need to do better research.
Sorry but I have a college book that is WAY MORE CORRECT than brief little internet readings.(It has everyone's different views included). I read it daily. I am going into the medical field and I know for a fact that my class is more advanced than your brief googling. It is not about politics, it is about people needing treatments for serious illnesses. I wish people would look past damn politics and open their eyes to the REAL WORLD.
ridiculous

Charles City, VA

#65 Mar 13, 2009
BTW, your page does not disagree with anything that I have said....

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#66 Mar 13, 2009
Free America_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The website that you link to is worse than wiki -- it's an anonymous advocacy website that is no doubt paid for by some conservative group that apparently doesn't want to attach their names to it (scroll to the bottom of the page and it isn't even copyrighted).

You are the one ignoring the facts on this issue (try taking a look at a little more reputable AND OBJECTIVE website).

Location hidden

#67 Mar 13, 2009
ridiculous wrote:
BTW, your page does not disagree with anything that I have said....
I always try to tell Free America_ things like that an he just says that I'm playing word games as a debating tactic LOL! Good luck getting him or her to understand your valid logical point.
ridiculous

Charles City, VA

#68 Mar 13, 2009
My goal is not to try to convince anyone to change their "political view" but to simply give the facts. There are ways Free America could argue that ESC research is wrong..trust me we have covered every angle on it..I just have yet to see a website posted by them that goes with what he/she is saying.

Location hidden

#69 Apr 23, 2009
ridiculous wrote:
My goal is not to try to convince anyone to change their "political view" but to simply give the facts. There are ways Free America could argue that ESC research is wrong..trust me we have covered every angle on it..I just have yet to see a website posted by them that goes with what he/she is saying.
...I agree...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans blame Cruz for year-end confirmations (Dec '14) Dec '14 RayOne 6
News Rep. Smith: Obama Gave $227 Million To Group Im... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Foster 3
News CDC chief says ebola must be contained in Africa (Aug '14) Aug '14 yep 7
News Supporters hail freedom for Sudanese Christian ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 American_Infidel 6
News Antiabortion bill would have the IRS verify rape (Jan '14) Jan '14 Cat74 14
News Syrian Christians ask why the U.S. is siding ag... (Jun '13) Jul '13 rtloder 143
Christopher Smith nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Annetta 1
More from around the web