BREAKING NEWS: Obama lifts stem cell...

BREAKING NEWS: Obama lifts stem cell restrictions.

There are 69 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Mar 9, 2009, titled BREAKING NEWS: Obama lifts stem cell restrictions.. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

Pledging that his administration will "make scientific decisions based on facts, not ideology," President Obama on Monday lifted the Bush administration's strict limits on human embryonic stem cell research.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 9, 2009
What do you all think about this issue?

Paragould, AR

#2 Mar 9, 2009
i personaly think it is grat just think of all the people that can be helped i no a lot of people think of it as killing a child but i don,t i don,t belive in aborshion but if there is a way of doing this with out that then it is a grate thing

Paragould, AR

#3 Mar 9, 2009
I'm glad he lifted the restrictions. A lot of good can come from the research.

Since: Nov 08

United States

#4 Mar 9, 2009
This is a good thing indeed.

“The Female Guest”

Since: Jan 09

Paragould, AR

#5 Mar 9, 2009
This story is already posted on the news page. Thanks for duplicating it!

Location hidden

#6 Mar 9, 2009
Registered Guest wrote:
This story is already posted on the news page. Thanks for duplicating it!
You're story was posted the day before this happened and was about what was going to happen, and my story was posted after the even and is about what happened -- that's two different stories (which I will be happy to explain to you in greater detail if you need me to).
devils advocate

United States

#7 Mar 9, 2009
cat fight!!cat fight!!
Heywood Jablomy

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Mar 9, 2009
HIDE YOUR INFANTS! The liberals want their stem cells!!!

Location hidden

#9 Mar 9, 2009
Heywood Jablomy wrote:
You apparently don't even know what it is that an embryonic stem cell even is -- LOL!

Location hidden

#10 Mar 9, 2009
devils advocate wrote:
cat fight!!cat fight!!
devils advocate, they are going to accuse me of being you (and you of being me) just because I can post from a Dallas ISP location if I want (which literally anyone else can do as well)-- PLEASE tell them that you're not me (and I'm not you) LOL!?!?!?!?!
jo jo jo

Anchorage, AK

#11 Mar 9, 2009
maybe botox women Polosie can prolong her face with this stuff !!!! Pretty soon she will look like Michael Jackson !!!! And she is about as dumb !!!!
Heywood Jablomy

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Mar 9, 2009
What- wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't even know what it is that an embryonic stem cell even is -- LOL!
Does it have anything to do with the cells of unborn embryos?
LIFE

Springfield, OH

#13 Mar 9, 2009
I believe that embryonic stem cell research is a very good thing!

This is also a victory for the respecting of our seperation of church and state.

I'm also glad that President Obama signed a Presidential Memo, which has the effect of law, that directs the head of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy to “develop a strategy for restoring scientific integrity to government decision-making.”

Like President Obama said, "we should make scientific decisions based on facts, not ideology.”

The Earth revolves around the Sun. The Church used to execute people for saying that.

Everything in the sky isn't perfect spheres. The Church used to execute people for this belief as well.

Evolution is happening. Thankfully I don't think the Church had that power in Darwin's time, though he held his discover secret for decades out of fear from the Church, and he only released it after someone else discovered the exact same thing and was going to release it.

And embryonic stem cells are not babies. Hopefully there won't be too many deadly bombings in the name of life as a result of this fact, though it should be noted that these, unlike previous events, are not condoned by the Church.
Lucifer

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Mar 9, 2009
Heywood Jablomy wrote:
Oh we need to save infants for the baby oil industry. It takes squishing several to make a full bottle.
LIFE

Springfield, OH

#15 Mar 9, 2009
Also women who are intelligent aren't witches. Christians used to execute them for that right here in America.

And the list goes on.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 9, 2009
Heywood Jablomy wrote:
<quoted text>
What- wrote:
<quoted text>
Heywood Jablomy wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it have anything to do with the cells of unborn embryos?
I'm not sure that it even makes sense to talk about "unborn embryos," because it isn't like an embryo can be born and live.

And no, an embryo is not an "infant" either like your first post suggested.

Location hidden

#17 Mar 9, 2009
Lucifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh we need to save infants for the baby oil industry. It takes squishing several to make a full bottle.
LOL!
ridiculous

United States

#18 Mar 9, 2009
What- wrote:
What do you all think about this issue?
I was glad when I found out this morning!(mr "batman")is covering the topic with us now and we kind of had to change the notes up..I think the people that are against it have not done any research about it AT ALL.:)

Medford, OR

#19 Mar 9, 2009
I'm glad. The potential scientific advances are very exciting.

Location hidden

#20 Mar 9, 2009
ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
I was glad when I found out this morning!(mr "batman")is covering the topic with us now and we kind of had to change the notes up..I think the people that are against it have not done any research about it AT ALL.:)
HA! You remembered what I anonomously referred to him as (I certainly don't want him getting any nutty Topix traffic his way)-- you have a pretty good memory...

...I agree with you. And I wish that I had taken more of Batman's classes (and taken the ones that I did take more seriously)-- I remember this being a pretty interesting subject in that class though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump administration says houses of worship can... Jan '18 Death on 2 legs 2
News Time for an Immigration Moratorium (Dec '09) Sep '17 C Kersey 4
News With Obama leaving, Congressional Republicans l... (Jan '17) Feb '17 WasteWater 38
News More anti-immigrant legislation: bill would def... (Dec '16) Dec '16 spud 61
News Want to register to vote in this state? You'll ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 wild child 12
News Republicans blame Cruz for year-end confirmations (Dec '14) Dec '14 RayOne 6
News Rep. Smith: Obama Gave $227 Million To Group Im... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Foster 3