House GOP aims to redefine rape to li...

House GOP aims to redefine rape to limit abortion coverage

There are 12 comments on the Raw Story story from Jan 29, 2011, titled House GOP aims to redefine rape to limit abortion coverage. In it, Raw Story reports that:

House Republican majority took aim at decreasing federal funding for reproductive health by changing the definition of rape in a newly-filed bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Raw Story.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Jan 29, 2011
Someone, PLEASE tell me how date rape is NOT 'forcible rape'? What, just because she went out with this guy, he's allowed to rape her? HOW is being slipped a drug and raped NOT 'forcible rape'? What is this, the Middle Ages? Unfuckingbelievable!

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#3 Jan 29, 2011
Bitner wrote:
Someone, PLEASE tell me how date rape is NOT 'forcible rape'? What, just because she went out with this guy, he's allowed to rape her? HOW is being slipped a drug and raped NOT 'forcible rape'? What is this, the Middle Ages? Unfuckingbelievable!
Well, people keep voting for these assholes and if it continues we may get to revisit the middle ages. Just wait til one of their daughters gets date raped, pregnant, and finds out she can't have an abortion.

Good thing we have a Pres that would veto such fuckingnonsense.
Agitator

Broken Arrow, OK

#4 Jan 29, 2011
Thought Republicans were going to focus on jobs. Was it just another lie to get elected?

“Brains: Use 'em or lose 'em”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 29, 2011
Agitator wrote:
Thought Republicans were going to focus on jobs. Was it just another lie to get elected?
Ah, the ones that aren't complete idiots are total cynics that say anything to get a vote and a contribution. The ones still calling themselves Republicans these days either just want to get rich by serving rich masters or want to use their offices to do their utmost to trash their oaths and turn the country into a theocracy, of which they wish to be the masters. Either way, date rape wasn't rape when theses fucktards were growing up, it was just boys being boys and the girls, having been used by these jags were cast in the role of loose women, both of which were means to soothe their sexual insecurities.
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#6 Jan 29, 2011
Agitator wrote:
Nobody in government, including obama, is going to focus on jobs......

after 2 years of saying that and we are still in the same situation.....I can't believe there is anyone left in america that believes there will be a focus on jobs...

that's just for speeches and sound bites.....

well, there is one left......patty cake still believes it...but, she still believes michelle has a nice figure.
Agitator

Broken Arrow, OK

#7 Jan 29, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody in government, including obama, is going to focus on jobs......
after 2 years of saying that and we are still in the same situation.....I can't believe there is anyone left in america that believes there will be a focus on jobs...
that's just for speeches and sound bites.....
well, there is one left......patty cake still believes it...but, she still believes michelle has a nice figure.
Thats funny. You are so right. Michelle is a two bagger.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#8 Jan 29, 2011
Bitner wrote:
It's posturing on the pol's part, to 'bolster' his record of 'conservative ' legislation.
Won't pass muster, as it is discriminatory against women.

“BJDs: Crack would be cheaper”

Since: Jul 08

Pro-choice and Proud

#9 Jan 29, 2011
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>It's posturing on the pol's part, to 'bolster' his record of 'conservative ' legislation.
Won't pass muster, as it is discriminatory against women.
It's telling, though, that this was H.R. 3 - meaning the Republicans think this is the THIRD most important issue for the country right now.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#10 Jan 29, 2011
z3ncat wrote:
<quoted text>It's telling, though, that this was H.R. 3 - meaning the Republicans think this is the THIRD most important issue for the country right now.
Absolutely. John Boehner makes my skin crawl. It doesn't surprise me that he wants to doom poor women and raped women (and girls) to being unable to exercise their right to an abortion.
I wonder what the 'redefinition' of rape will do to prison sentences in the future, as well?

“Brains: Use 'em or lose 'em”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 29, 2011
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely. John Boehner makes my skin crawl. It doesn't surprise me that he wants to doom poor women and raped women (and girls) to being unable to exercise their right to an abortion.
I wonder what the 'redefinition' of rape will do to prison sentences in the future, as well?
The only nice thing that I can say about that asshole is that I think he's laying off the spray tan lately. He's from the district just next to mine. On the one hand I'm glad I'm not in his district. On the other, I wish I could vote against him.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#13 Jan 29, 2011
BEE33 wrote:
<quoted text>The only nice thing that I can say about that asshole is that I think he's laying off the spray tan lately. He's from the district just next to mine. On the one hand I'm glad I'm not in his district. On the other, I wish I could vote against him.
I wish everyone in the WORLD could vote against him. He's really repugnant.

“BJDs: Crack would be cheaper”

Since: Jul 08

Pro-choice and Proud

#14 Feb 1, 2011
"Counting lesson for the day, class: Who can count all the things wrong with this bill?

"Oh, that's right, you haven't learned how to count that high yet. This is only Calculus I"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Time for an Immigration Moratorium (Dec '09) Sep '17 C Kersey 4
News With Obama leaving, Congressional Republicans l... (Jan '17) Feb '17 WasteWater 38
News More anti-immigrant legislation: bill would def... (Dec '16) Dec '16 spud 61
News Want to register to vote in this state? You'll ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 wild child 12
News Republicans blame Cruz for year-end confirmations (Dec '14) Dec '14 RayOne 6
News Rep. Smith: Obama Gave $227 Million To Group Im... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Foster 3
News CDC chief says ebola must be contained in Africa (Aug '14) Aug '14 yep 7
More from around the web