Staff Edit: Abortion bill out of prop...

Staff Edit: Abortion bill out of proportion

There are 3 comments on the The Daily Free Press story from Jan 31, 2011, titled Staff Edit: Abortion bill out of proportion. In it, The Daily Free Press reports that:

Although the U.S. Supreme Court decision in the landmark case Roe v. Wade was made nearly 40 years ago, legalizing abortion for women in their first trimester of pregnancy, pro-choice advocates have continued their efforts to reverse the result.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Free Press.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#1 Jan 31, 2011
A big step backward is all that the republicans want to do.. the party of no is still at it... After this election cycle I will not vote for any republican.. It will either be a third party, independent, democrat.. The republican party in my opinion is no longer relevant.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#2 Feb 1, 2011
Oh, it's relevant alright. It provides a platform for all misogynists, theocrats, and control-freaks, of which there are many everywhere one looks in this country (not to mention the Super-wealthy, to whom this legislation is completely irrelevant.)
Boehner has a hard-on for poor women, especially the ones who don't / can't fight their attackers.
What a sick feck.
I'm looking seriously at Canada, until this madness is abandoned, and we can get back to a government that defends our civil rights rather than removing them.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#3 Feb 1, 2011
s/h/r "...removing our ability to exercise them."
my bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump administration says houses of worship can... Jan '18 Death on 2 legs 2
News Time for an Immigration Moratorium (Dec '09) Sep '17 C Kersey 4
News With Obama leaving, Congressional Republicans l... (Jan '17) Feb '17 WasteWater 38
News More anti-immigrant legislation: bill would def... (Dec '16) Dec '16 spud 61
News Want to register to vote in this state? You'll ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 wild child 12
News Republicans blame Cruz for year-end confirmations (Dec '14) Dec '14 RayOne 6
News Rep. Smith: Obama Gave $227 Million To Group Im... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Foster 3