Janesville Debate: Dissecting Ryan's ...

Janesville Debate: Dissecting Ryan's Claim, Obama's 'Promise' & The Facts

There are 71 comments on the National Public Radio story from Aug 30, 2012, titled Janesville Debate: Dissecting Ryan's Claim, Obama's 'Promise' & The Facts. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Weeds were already growing in the parking lot outside the GM assembly plant in Janesville, Wis., on May 4, 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#67 Sep 2, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
con-vention TV ratings DOWN 30%. hahahahahaha
It was a re-run of '08 and the mcblame/painlin show.
Oy vay !

I'd keep my mouth shut until the stats come in for the DNC but then I'm not a LEFTY.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#68 Sep 3, 2012
Yes, let's dissect this, shall we? Using direct quotes from two separate Obama speechs... HIS OWN WORDS!:

February 2008 campaign speech then-Sen. Obama gave at the Janesville plant: "And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, itís where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and thatís the future Iíll fight for as your president."

And more:

October 11, 2008, the Associated Press: "Reports that the GM plant I visited in Janesville may shut down sooner than expected are a painful reminder of the tough economic times facing working families across this country," Obama said in a statement released by his Wisconsin campaign organization. "This news is also a reminder that Washington needs to finally live up to its promise to help our automakers compete in our global economy. As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America." Of course, now YOU know the truth... that these jobs were OUTSOURCED overseas. Ryan was dead on right. I'm quoting Obama directly here, not some far-left factchek funded by far-left think-tanks like the Annenburg Foundation. We're not that stupid. When are you guys going to understand that?

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#69 Sep 3, 2012
Barack Hussein Obama: "OUTSOURCER IN CHIEF":

As for all those GM Jobs... where did they go? LOOK HERE:

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/gm-of...

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#70 Sep 3, 2012
Let's ask the question then... did Obama "RETOOL" the Janesville plant as he PROMISED?

No one knows the answer to that painful question better than the residents of Janesville.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#71 Sep 3, 2012
The Last Templar wrote:
Let's ask the question then... did Obama "RETOOL" the Janesville plant as he PROMISED?
No one knows the answer to that painful question better than the residents of Janesville.
When did Obama get on the GM BOD?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#72 Sep 3, 2012
The Last Templar wrote:
Yes, let's dissect this, shall we? Using direct quotes from two separate Obama speechs... HIS OWN WORDS!:
February 2008 campaign speech then-Sen. Obama gave at the Janesville plant: "And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, itís where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and thatís the future Iíll fight for as your president."
And more:
October 11, 2008, the Associated Press: "Reports that the GM plant I visited in Janesville may shut down sooner than expected are a painful reminder of the tough economic times facing working families across this country," Obama said in a statement released by his Wisconsin campaign organization. "This news is also a reminder that Washington needs to finally live up to its promise to help our automakers compete in our global economy. As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America." Of course, now YOU know the truth... that these jobs were OUTSOURCED overseas. Ryan was dead on right. I'm quoting Obama directly here, not some far-left factchek funded by far-left think-tanks like the Annenburg Foundation. We're not that stupid. When are you guys going to understand that?
Yes, you are that stupid.
CEOs and BODs close plants and export jobs and you blame "lefties" for it, so then what percentage of those CEOs and BOD members are Democrats? 90%? 50%? Nope. As should be expected, surveys indicate that between 60 and 70% of executives are Republicans.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#73 Sep 3, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are that stupid.
CEOs and BODs close plants and export jobs and you blame "lefties" for it, so then what percentage of those CEOs and BOD members are Democrats? 90%? 50%? Nope. As should be expected, surveys indicate that between 60 and 70% of executives are Republicans.
Keep drinking the Kool Aid... ignore the facts. Stupid is as stupid does.

Here, let me bring this down to a level the average gullible liberal can digest:

http://www.pigazette.com/Pig%20images/SEUSS_1...

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#74 Sep 3, 2012
How an American president can lie... repeatedly, consistently, to the American people, and STILL garner their respect is absolutely beyond comprehension:

“See how you are?”

Earth

#75 Sep 4, 2012
The Last Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep drinking the Kool Aid... ignore the facts. Stupid is as stupid does.
Here, let me bring this down to a level the average gullible liberal can digest:
http://www.pigazette.com/Pig%20images/SEUSS_1...
I know you like things simple.
Ignore the fact that GM closed the plant, not Washington. Ignore the fact that GM didn't reopen the plant after getting billions from Washington.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#76 Sep 4, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Obama get on the GM BOD?
In Feb. 2009 when Obama appointed Steve Rattner as his ' Auto Czar' reporting directly to the WH. Rattner kept that job for about 7 months.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#77 Sep 4, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you like things simple.
Ignore the fact that GM closed the plant, not Washington. Ignore the fact that GM didn't reopen the plant after getting billions from Washington.
How did I ignore that? POINT IS, OBAMA TOOK A 40% government interest in GM to simply rob the shareholders and give it to the UAW for their exhorbitant pension plans to be sustained, and then took nearly 60 billion of the taxpayer's money to fork over to GM, who THEN SENT THE DAMN JOBS OVERSEAS TO CHINA, FRANCE, AND ELSEWHERE.

Wake up America... this is the TRUTH.
http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/gm-of...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Christopher John Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawaii bill bans discrimination against transge... (Apr '16) Apr '16 david traversa 1
News Today in History (Feb '16) Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Downtown Montauk Project Underway, Officials Ho... (Apr '15) Apr '15 um how about 3327 XV 1
News EXCLUSIVE a " Obama Team Campaigning Against Ne... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jeff Brightone 1
News US Rep. Grimm pleads guilty to federal tax evasion (Dec '14) Dec '14 jogosdofriv4 6
News Congressman quits over Craigslist e-mails (Feb '11) Feb '14 Sandra Grayson 10
Christopher Lee nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Alphonse 1
More from around the web