Janesville Debate: Dissecting Ryan's ...

Janesville Debate: Dissecting Ryan's Claim, Obama's 'Promise' & The Facts

There are 71 comments on the National Public Radio story from Aug 30, 2012, titled Janesville Debate: Dissecting Ryan's Claim, Obama's 'Promise' & The Facts. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Weeds were already growing in the parking lot outside the GM assembly plant in Janesville, Wis., on May 4, 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

“Here we go!”

Since: Feb 07

Tampa, FL

#25 Aug 31, 2012
According to CNN's fact checkers, the GM plant was making cars until April 2009 (After the inaguration). The Anchor that said Ryan lied, apologized on the air. Also, Ryan didn't say the Obama closed the plant- He said that Obama promised to keep it open- which he didn't.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#26 Aug 31, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you live in that vast LEFTY ' Information bubble ' even when the article is front and center.
Maybe you can have one of your HANDLERS read it aloud to you , why don't you ask ?
you mean like Fox News?
it was Fox that pointed out that the Janesville plant started the close-down procedure in June of 2008.
the fact that it didn't actually close until April of 2009 is moot.
the announcement was made in June of 2008, before Obama was elected.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#27 Aug 31, 2012
imaginaryfriend wrote:
Paul Ryan is a liar. He wants to kill Medicare and control the rights of women. He, Paul Ryan, co-sponsored several bills with Todd Akin. He, and the entire GOP are spiteful liars.
well, yeah.
anyone that votes for the R/R ticket isn't looking at all the facts.
or they're more concerned with other people's money.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#28 Aug 31, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like Fox News?
it was Fox that pointed out that the Janesville plant started the close-down procedure in June of 2008.
Your the one who brought up FOX. Not me. Why ? Is that the best you have.

I read a complication of news from the hometown Janesville paper which they released...no FOX involved.....but your a LEFTY and get a SOROS ATTA BOY everytime you mention FOX.

So now we debate announced closing date vs' gone idle date ...wow.

Read ( if allowed) the quotes of Obama from his visit there in Feb.'09.

Try again...the announcemnt was made in Dec.'07.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#29 Aug 31, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the one who brought up FOX. Not me. Why ? Is that the best you have.
I read a complication of news from the hometown Janesville paper which they released...no FOX involved.....but your a LEFTY and get a SOROS ATTA BOY everytime you mention FOX.
So now we debate announced closing date vs' gone idle date ...wow.
Read ( if allowed) the quotes of Obama from his visit there in Feb.'09.
Try again...the announcemnt was made in Dec.'07.
so you're saying that GM announced they would close the Janesville plant in December 2007?
and you're putting that on Obama?
really?
do you hear yourself?
and not just fox news, but also the CEO of GM, it was HE that said it was slated to close in June 2008. Or at least that's what he told Fox News.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#30 Aug 31, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're saying that GM announced they would close the Janesville plant in December 2007?
really?
do you hear yourself?
and not just fox news, but also the CEO of GM, it was HE that said it was slated to close in June 2008. Or at least that's what he told Fox News.
Yes I said it was announced in Dec'07.

WTF , did I put that on Obama????

Obama in Feb'08 said on visit to Janesville Plant " Retooling would keep this plant open for another 100 years ".Let's debate 40 meanings of that quote.

First of all the plant isn't classified as closed by Gm but " Idle " just like VOLT is next month.

The last work day of the plant was in April 2009. So we can play word games forever whether announcing a close is "the close "or if the last production date is the close ?

This subject is so friggin' rediculous as whole story can be found in the press releases of the local newspaper....no debate required.

Save your LEFTY B.S. games for your sheeple.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#31 Sep 1, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like Fox News?
MORE BAD NEWS FOR TEAM OBAMA.........People leaving MSM for the real truth.

RNC Ratings Night Three: Romney Results In Ratings Rise, Only FNC Retains Viewership Compared to 2008

By Alex Weprin on August 31, 2012 2:40 PM

Night three of the Republican National Committee culminated in a speech from GOP nominee Mitt Romney, and the ratings rose accordingly.

As was the case during the first two nights of the RNC, Fox News Channel was the most watched TV news outlet, besting the broadcast networks from 10-11PM. Last night, however, the gap between FNC and its competitors was even wider, as it topped the next two networks, NBC and ABC, combined in total viewers. Every outlet except NBC improved on its Tuesday night ratings in both total viewers and the adults 25-54 demo.

Paris

#32 Sep 1, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
do you hear yourself?
Was it closed or not on Obama watch.......yes it was.....spin don't win cupcake.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#33 Sep 1, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Was it closed or not on Obama watch.......yes it was.....spin don't win cupcake.
okay, I guess you're right.
Obama destroyed the auto-industry in the US.
O_o

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#34 Sep 1, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I said it was announced in Dec'07.
WTF , did I put that on Obama????
Obama in Feb'08 said on visit to Janesville Plant " Retooling would keep this plant open for another 100 years ".Let's debate 40 meanings of that quote.
First of all the plant isn't classified as closed by Gm but " Idle " just like VOLT is next month.
The last work day of the plant was in April 2009. So we can play word games forever whether announcing a close is "the close "or if the last production date is the close ?
This subject is so friggin' rediculous as whole story can be found in the press releases of the local newspaper....no debate required.
Save your LEFTY B.S. games for your sheeple.
lefty?
yeah, okay.
whatever you say.
clearly you're correct when you say that Janesville closed because of Obama.

Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shut down of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush. Ryan actually asked for federal spending to save the plant, while Romney has criticized the auto industry bailout that President Obama ultimately enacted to prevent other plants from closing.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/pau...
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#35 Sep 1, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
Who said that except you ?

Typical LEFTY tactic , putting words in somebody elses mouth.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#36 Sep 1, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Lie. the plant was still producing trucks......If your comment was factual.......how come ObamaMotors didn't reopen it as Obama promised........
At least READ the article before you lie about it.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#37 Sep 1, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
GM has the plant classified as idle....it's still waiting for Obama's GM bailout to direct retooling funds to it. Tic-toc , tic-toc , tic-toc.
you said it here.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#38 Sep 1, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
lefty?
yeah, okay.
whatever you say.
clearly you're correct when you say that Janesville closed because of Obama.
Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shut down of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush. Ryan actually asked for federal spending to save the plant, while Romney has criticized the auto industry bailout that President Obama ultimately enacted to prevent other plants from closing.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/pau...
Where did I accuse Obama of closing that plant ?

The plant closed because of a GM decison not Obamas.

The reason I call you LEFTY is because I've constantly referred to the Janesville newspaper string of ungoing events as they happened and you keep accusing me of accusing Obama.I haven't.

So my conclusion is you are stuck in the LEFTY " Information bubble ".

The reason the plant closed was GM didn'want to refurb it as Obama pointed out .

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#39 Sep 1, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
GM has the plant classified as idle....it's still waiting for Obama's GM bailout to direct retooling funds to it. Tic-toc , tic-toc , tic-toc.
post #10 on this thread.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#40 Sep 1, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
you said it here.
It could of been part of the GM bailout that Obama's team demanded be put into place and it wasn't.But that would be after the fact.

The Obamaites backed the massive closing of dealerships and were involved in picking the winners and losers in that shake out.

But the decision was made by GM in Dec.'07 so Obama had nothing to do with it.

Obama's claims his admin saved the auto industry but not so much as to reverse it in Janesville.

As to " Idle " VOLT is idle this month.

Here ya go a list of GM plant closing ( bottom of list) with dates.

Janesville was the oldest and largest under one roof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_General_...
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#41 Sep 1, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
post #10 on this thread.
If the Obama admin. wasn't rebating substantially the VOLT , would the plant be permanenttly idle or not ?

Is that an Obama decision or not ?

The VOLT plant is idle this month.

Paris

#42 Sep 1, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
No he destroyed GM and the equity holders of record. GM has been failing for 20 years and still is. They just closed the Volt plant.......costing billions more in waste in production and waste for the cars Obama bought to try to artifically pump up his green program. Remember running the biggest car company is hard when you haven't even ran a lemonade stand.

Paris

#43 Sep 1, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
At least READ the article before you lie about it.
At least prove it wrong before you lie cupcake. You're not Obama you know.......the MSM won't protect your stupidity here.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#44 Sep 1, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>At least prove it wrong before you lie cupcake. You're not Obama you know.......the MSM won't protect your stupidity here.
I just said be informed before you lie - not that facts have anything to do with what partisans post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Christopher John Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawaii bill bans discrimination against transge... (Apr '16) Apr '16 david traversa 1
News Today in History (Feb '16) Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Downtown Montauk Project Underway, Officials Ho... (Apr '15) Apr '15 um how about 3327 XV 1
News EXCLUSIVE a " Obama Team Campaigning Against Ne... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jeff Brightone 1
News US Rep. Grimm pleads guilty to federal tax evasion (Dec '14) Dec '14 jogosdofriv4 6
News Congressman quits over Craigslist e-mails (Feb '11) Feb '14 Sandra Grayson 10
Christopher Lee nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Alphonse 1
More from around the web