Veteran care end considered for 1.3 M...

Veteran care end considered for 1.3 Million Vets - Humboldt Beacon

There are 1 comment on the Humboldt Beacon story from Apr 14, 2011, titled Veteran care end considered for 1.3 Million Vets - Humboldt Beacon. In it, Humboldt Beacon reports that:

The House Budget Committee, chaired by Rep. Paul Ryan , has told a veterans' group that it is considering a major plan to cut $6 billion annually in VA health care costs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Humboldt Beacon.

Joe Harkins

East Orange, NJ

#1 Apr 15, 2011
This Ryan character is a quite a complex thing. I'll bet he loves to wave the flag on Independence Day and gets all dew-eyed on Memorial Day. "Of course," he will lament, "I never had the privilege of serving. I was too busy going to college and planning spring breaks with my frat brothers Go Wappa Woopa Delta). But I do respect those who were dumb enough to join up, and even those who were so stupid they were unable to avoid being drafted. They are all great Americans."

Then, when it is time to pay the bill for vets who served the country, who offered their lives to our republic, and trusted the promise of health care and benefits, all of a sudden he's a sour-faced bean-counter, a man with a budget axe who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chet Edwards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State plays defense in Wamp's plan (Mar '10) Oct '12 ed 2
job (Apr '11) Apr '11 AMANDA 2
News Democratic heavy hitters go down in House (Nov '10) Nov '10 River Veteran 261
News House Democrats Distancing Themselves from Hous... (Sep '10) Nov '10 Jordan C Fan _Pr... 4
News Big Wins on Immigration (Nov '10) Nov '10 Must Read 1
News Edwards, Flores debate spending, Social Security (Oct '10) Oct '10 Real American 2
News Opposition to Health Reform Hasn't Helped Democ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 OutInTheWestTexas... 1
More from around the web