Maine Park idea faces challenges

Apr 10, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WANE-TV Fort Wayne

Judging by the reaction of Maine's congressional delegation, a wealthy conservationist has some convincing to do if she's to sell her idea of another national park in Maine.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2011
scout

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

Judged:

Right. We need ANOTHER pantie Marxist opening her pie hole.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

Judged:

The residents in Millinocket are firmly against Quimby's idea because they fear government intrusion would outweigh any benefits, Conlogue said.

Maine has a long tradition of private ownership of the state's vast North Woods, a wilderness that's been managed as a "working forest" with logging operations that serve the state's paper mills. Traditionally, the vast acreage was made available to hunters, trappers, snowmobilers and ATV operators.

When "Big Government" steps in, kiss liberty goodbye.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

Judged:

Make it a State Park so it doesn't burden the Federal Tax Payer. We don't need more National Parks.

Since: Dec 07

Ft Lauderdale

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

the Messiah wrote:
Make it a State Park so it doesn't burden the Federal Tax Payer. We don't need more National Parks.

I like that idea or better yet, make it a Private park that is open to the Public.
sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

Scr*w maine, the place where an often asked questions is. If I divorce my wife is she still my sister?
Paul LePage

West Enfield, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

sue wrote:
Scr*w maine, the place where an often asked questions is. If I divorce my wife is she still my sister?
You shouldn't use the word "screw". It might make the other hippos you live with get ideas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Representative Chellie Pingree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maine tidal power company awarded $5 million in... (Aug '13) Aug '13 susan 1
Maine initiates track inspections (Aug '13) Aug '13 oIL burned abnorm... 1
Oil train safety rule delayed by 1 year (Jul '13) Jul '13 Chris 1
Quebec Rail Accident Focuses Attention on Tanke... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ronny 1
House committee advances bill to aid military v... (May '13) May '13 alvin e thomas 1
Fire damage raises questions about sub's future (May '12) May '12 CHECK SIX 3
Poll gives big early lead to King in Senate race (Apr '12) Apr '12 lobsterplanker 2

Search the Representative Chellie Pingree Forum:
•••