Maine Sen. Snowe not seeking re-election

Maine Sen. Snowe not seeking re-election

There are 6 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Feb 28, 2012, titled Maine Sen. Snowe not seeking re-election. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Three-term Republican Sen. Olympia Snowe of Maine announced Tuesday that she will not run for re-election, citing frustration over Washington's current "atmosphere of polarization" and giving Democrats an unexpected shot at an open seat.Snowe, who's viewed as a moderate, said she sees a "vital need for the political center in order for our ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

thisbuttt4u

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#1 Feb 28, 2012
...(more)...;on)
disbuttt4u

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#2 Feb 28, 2012
any free food lobster from Barrrock in Redlobster congrestaurantea! ;-000
disbuttt4u

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#3 Feb 28, 2012
or free snow crap from Sara Alaskee;)
Rorbert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Feb 29, 2012
She already votes with the democrats so there is no loss there.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#5 Feb 29, 2012
viewed as a moderate????

a moderate democrat, maybe.
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#6 Feb 29, 2012
Too bad. One of the last Eisenhower republicans is gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Chellie Pingree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Line-spacing error could deprive hundreds of UM... Apr '17 Steve Sutter 1
News Maine governor to Rep. John Lewis: You need a h... (Jan '17) Jan '17 southern at heart 28
News Poliquin calls for Social Security reform to he... (Sep '16) Sep '16 longtail 1
News Maine Governor Leaves Obscene Tirade on Lawmake... (Aug '16) Aug '16 longtail 1
News A post-nomination challenge for Clinton: Rallyi... (Jul '16) Aug '16 Inquisitor 10
News Maine Republicans start to align behind Donald ... (May '16) May '16 longtail 1
News Congress considering US-made footwear for military (Apr '16) Apr '16 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 2
More from around the web