GOP impatient about Taylor

GOP impatient about Taylor

There are 10 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 22, 2007, titled GOP impatient about Taylor. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Anxious Western North Carolina Republicans still don't have an answer on whether former U.S. Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

earthtrekker

Huntington Beach, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2007
The Henville Repubs should start searching for some suitable candidates now, without waiting for Taylor. A primary would be healthy for the party. I don't know why the GOP allow this to get out in the news. Not very smart.
Chimps

Greenville, SC

#2 Aug 23, 2007
Not smart at all.
tominavl

Easley, SC

#3 Aug 23, 2007
hehehe

Taylor is old school. Time for a change.
HomeGirl

Asheville, NC

#4 Aug 23, 2007
Taylor is the best US Congressman WNC has ever had, bar none.
I hope he runs again.
Observer

Greenville, SC

#5 Aug 23, 2007
Brad Dougherty, David Morgan and Ken Bagwell's names were suggested on Take A Stand today.

Mr. Taylor's health probably will not allow him to run again.
Ruckus

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#6 Aug 23, 2007
Are you kidding? He has lost credibility with the electorate and within his own party. He is yesterday's rubber stamp and has lost his usefulness. Let him retire and follow the rest of his cronies to the promised land.
Paleface

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#7 Aug 23, 2007
I couldn't agree more. The corruption wwill haunt him for the rest of his public life and he is only safe at his bank in Russia.
Bosco

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#8 Aug 23, 2007
SO true, why don't the republicans consider a candidate more in touch with today's electorate, a moderate Republican and not one that is so very conservative. This is the only chance the republicans have to regain the seat. Things have changed and the mocking of both liberal and moderate voters must cease.
earthtrekker

United States

#9 Aug 23, 2007
Bosco wrote:
SO true, why don't the republicans consider a candidate more in touch with today's electorate, a moderate Republican and not one that is so very conservative. This is the only chance the republicans have to regain the seat. Things have changed and the mocking of both liberal and moderate voters must cease.
Moderate Republican is not moderate, but pro-abortion.
tominavl

Easley, SC

#10 Aug 24, 2007
HomeGirl wrote:
Taylor is the best US Congressman WNC has ever had, bar none.
I hope he runs again.
Any specifics as to why you "feel" this way? I think you may need to look over his record, you may want to change your mind about Taylor. His long-standing relationship with Jack Abramoff alone should be cause for concern.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Just Wondering 4
News Why Pat Robertson is responsible for Ebola (Oct '14) Oct '14 Cordwainer Trout 5
News Mechanic who built first aircraft engine for Wr... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Loony Lib 1
News Wright brothers' mechanic honored at Ohio museum (Jul '14) Jul '14 Charles Taylor 1
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Take Your Country... 4
News Seth Banks to run for District Attorney (Aug '13) Aug '13 joebob 1
News McCrory to headline Dec. 8 Charles Taylor Holid... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lisa Anderson 3
More from around the web