Lacking an announced candidate for Co...

Lacking an announced candidate for Congress? I'm ready to run

There are 8 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Sep 2, 2007, titled Lacking an announced candidate for Congress? I'm ready to run. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Oh, all right. I'll run for Congress. At this point, you're probably aware that the Henderson County Republicans - and mountain Republicans in general - are getting a little antsy about the 2008 race, in which ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“We're gonna DIE!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Fletcher, NC

#1 Sep 2, 2007
I already resigned as webmaster of the Henderson County Republican website, a site I ran for seven years, in protest to the county "leadership" forcing Dr. George Jones to withdraw a resolution for the Men's Club to publicly declare they are looking for other candidates. I feel he overreached his authority as party leader. His claims that Taylor deserves all the time he needs is absurd.

For my official resignation letter go to , NO LONGER THE OFFICIAL website of the Henderson County Republican Party.

Charles Taylor is owed NOTHING. His service is his reward. Are we the party of liberty or the party of decadence?

I have already stated under NO circumstances will I vote for him again. I'll write my own name in in November 2008 if he's the nominee.

I'm done with carrying his water and so are a lot of Republicans, conservative to liberal. I'll support Mumpower, Apodaca, Erwin, Hunt, Ramsey, hell, any Republican with gravitas. Any of them it's a 50-50 shot. Any Republican with sense knows this. Shuler's camp knows this. Taylor will lose no matter how much time he gets, just like Dornan in California. At least Dornan announced right away he would try one last time.

Taylor is done. We need new ideas and blood.

If the "beautiful people" won't run by November 5, maybe I'll run.
ron in waynesville

Asheville, NC

#2 Sep 3, 2007
I think the Congressman has done an outstanding job in his first term, and should handily win another term.

Maxton, NC

#3 Sep 3, 2007
Okay, I'll be your campaign manager. After all, I live next door to Sabo. Did you know he's a White Sox fan? I think that should automatically preclude him.
Also, I have lots of experience raising money for lost causes.

Lyman, SC

#4 Sep 3, 2007
o, lordy. what's your slogan, "Let them eat donuts!"

imagine the scandals we'll get if Boyle gets in. he'll make Larry Craig look like a Boy Scout! o, Boy Scouts aren't gay. forgot.

Waynesville, NC

#6 Sep 3, 2007
mr Taylor stay home count your money To old.

Greenville, SC

#7 Sep 3, 2007
ron in waynesville wrote:
I think the Congressman has done an outstanding job in his first term, and should handily win another term.
Why? specifically why? What has he done that is SOooo outstanding to you???
Code Christmas and Balls

Canton, NC

#8 Sep 4, 2007
Candidate Boyle,
Is there any truth to the rumor that you intend on violently throwing your child to the ground from atop the monkey bars and then writing about the experience in the local paper to gain voter support and also to stimulate more posts to your 'comments thread'?
Also, your podcast with Mumpower was a classic. If anyone is going to listen to just one podcast, I suggest that one.
Shuf Coward

Great Falls, MT

#9 Sep 4, 2007
The bridge on Sandhill Rd across Hominy creek was too narrow 66 yrs ago when i moved to this area. A lot of the Biltmore Lake traffic and much of Enka High and middle school traffic crosses it. Unca Enka also.This narrow and outdated bridge should have ben replaced at the least 60 yrs ago. What is wrong with the NCDOT?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seth Banks to run for District Attorney (Aug '13) Jun '17 Yep 5
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Just Wondering 4
News Why Pat Robertson is responsible for Ebola (Oct '14) Oct '14 Cordwainer Trout 5
News Mechanic who built first aircraft engine for Wr... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Loony Lib 1
News Wright brothers' mechanic honored at Ohio museum (Jul '14) Jul '14 Charles Taylor 1
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Take Your Country... 4
News McCrory to headline Dec. 8 Charles Taylor Holid... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lisa Anderson 3