Keever to challenge Goforth for NC Ho...

Keever to challenge Goforth for NC House in 2010

There are 25 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from May 5, 2009, titled Keever to challenge Goforth for NC House in 2010. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Raleigh One of Western North Carolina's most influential state legislators, Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“We're gonna DIE!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Fletcher, NC

#1 May 5, 2009
"Goforth said WNC would lose clout if voters don't re-elect him. He chairs two committees and serves as one of five Democratic whips."

We have clout in WNC??
LOKEL

United States

#2 May 5, 2009
I would hate to see what would happen if we didn't have "clout."

What has Bruce accomplished for "us?"
Comment

Charlotte, NC

#3 May 5, 2009
Goforth has proven he is an able and effective
legislator for WNC. He is also an avid foe of
FORCED ANNEXATION. Please keep that in mind.
Would someone please ask Mrs. Keever what her
views are on FORCED ANNEXATION - annexation
without consent?
Environmentalist Whacko

Monroe, NC

#4 May 5, 2009
Keever is such a light weight candidate anyway. Time for some good opposition from someone OUTside
the contolling party.

Since: Apr 09

Inman, SC

#5 May 5, 2009
We need to not vote for either one, it's time for someone new. We need to change everyone that's in now or we are going to keep getting the same.

Since: Jul 07

Spartanburg, SC

#6 May 5, 2009
Patsy Keever would be an excellent addition to the General Assembly.

Since: May 07

Lincolnton, NC

#7 May 5, 2009
The Ref wrote:
Why?
ashamedofyou

Wilmington, NC

#8 May 5, 2009
Goforth is a pompous lying ass who only cares about the $ in fron to his face. He lacks the brains to see ahead-even just a little. Trust me, this I know from personal experience. The Good 'Ol Boy Network is alive & well & Bruce Goforth is in thick as thieves.
Gone Old Party

Boiling Springs, SC

#9 May 5, 2009
The Ref wrote:
I concur. It's a shame she didn't beat Chainsaw Charlie Taylor for the U.S. House seat in 2004. If she had, we would have gotten a real Democrat in that seat rather than the overly moderate Heath Shuler.
LongTime Resident

Boiling Springs, SC

#10 May 5, 2009
I attended a fund-raiser for Ms. Keever when she was running against Congressman Taylor. I gave a check to one of her assistants. I did not get an acknowledgement, even after I called her campaign headquarters. The check was cashed, but no acknowledgment. I hope she runs a better campaign organization this time.
I'm sorry to say that when I questioned Ms.Keever about an issue, she showed very little political savvy. She said the issue was not a political one, even though the House Democrats at the time had made it an issue against the Republicans, then in control of Congress. I was surprised she did not know that. Also surprised that she seemed unwilling to challenge Congressman Taylor on the matter. Maybe she'll be better prepared this time.
jesus

Waynesville, NC

#11 May 5, 2009
One thing for sure, Patsy won't participate in swine-barrel spending! What a relief!

Since: May 07

Candler, NC

#12 May 5, 2009
Gone Old Party wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur. It's a shame she didn't beat Chainsaw Charlie Taylor for the U.S. House seat in 2004. If she had, we would have gotten a real Democrat in that seat rather than the overly moderate Heath Shuler.
I like Shuler and hope he runs for senate.
Cannonball

Candler, NC

#13 May 5, 2009
She pointed to a poor rating that the Conservation Council of North Carolina gave Goforth last year. The group gave him a 38 percent rating for his 2007 votes and called him a member of its "Dirty Dozen" legislators.

Sooo, Patsy, what does the Conservation Council of North Carolina mean to the average working person who is more interested in providing food and shelter for their family? We don't need any more liberal "feel good" people in Raleigh. I didn't vote for you when you ran against Charles Taylor and I sure as hell will not vote for you this time. Your time as a county commissioner is even questionable.
bushwacker

Canton, NC

#14 May 5, 2009
The Ref wrote:
Both would be excellent.
Wonderful

Asheville, NC

#15 May 5, 2009
Wonderful news, Bob Ingle can now have a voice in the State House!
ashevillenatives on

Canton, NC

#16 May 5, 2009
A total lightweight candidate. If you remember during her tenure as as a County Commissioner, she was a non-entity and ineffective at every turn on the Commission.

She will give Buncombe County a poorer representative in Raleigh than even Senator Joe Sam Queen is for his district.

Where do they find these hacks to run?
alekas

Spruce Pine, NC

#17 May 5, 2009
I would say it is time for a wholesale change of as much of the legislature as possible. The sum total of this group's ineptitude is staggering. How in the world does a growth state like this one consistenly have budget shortfalls, despite a population that is anything but undertaxed?

Maybe we can get some candidates who have actually read the Constitution rather than those who believe it is the state's job to make every decision for people, candidates who remember that constituents are citizens, not subjects.

Inman, SC

#18 May 5, 2009
LongTime Resident wrote:
I attended a fund-raiser for Ms. Keever when she was running against Congressman Taylor. I gave a check to one of her assistants. I did not get an acknowledgement, even after I called her campaign headquarters. The check was cashed, but no acknowledgment. I hope she runs a better campaign organization this time.
I'm sorry to say that when I questioned Ms.Keever about an issue, she showed very little political savvy. She said the issue was not a political one, even though the House Democrats at the time had made it an issue against the Republicans, then in control of Congress. I was surprised she did not know that. Also surprised that she seemed unwilling to challenge Congressman Taylor on the matter. Maybe she'll be better prepared this time.
Well, a good reason to not vote for her. We need new blood. It seems like it's always the same old people trying to run the show. I say vote no.

Inman, SC

#19 May 5, 2009
ashevillenativeson wrote:
A total lightweight candidate. If you remember during her tenure as as a County Commissioner, she was a non-entity and ineffective at every turn on the Commission.
She will give Buncombe County a poorer representative in Raleigh than even Senator Joe Sam Queen is for his district.
Where do they find these hacks to run?
Good point, do we want her back in politics? No thanks.
Give Away

United States

#20 May 5, 2009
Interesting.... Keever is far to liberal to win the general election, but can certainly win the primary - setting the stage for a Repub victory in the fall. I wonder how the educated Dems in Raleigh and DC feel about giving away this seat to a Repub? After all, Keever might just win the primary, but her anti-church, pro-abortion, gay rights, pro tax left views will keep her from winning the general election. hmmmm. If Dems tear themselves apart like this, the Repubs in WNC just might be back in the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seth Banks to run for District Attorney (Aug '13) Jun '17 Yep 5
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Just Wondering 4
News Why Pat Robertson is responsible for Ebola (Oct '14) Oct '14 Cordwainer Trout 5
News Mechanic who built first aircraft engine for Wr... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Loony Lib 1
News Wright brothers' mechanic honored at Ohio museum (Jul '14) Jul '14 Charles Taylor 1
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Take Your Country... 4
News McCrory to headline Dec. 8 Charles Taylor Holid... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lisa Anderson 3
More from around the web