Great Smoky Mountains National Park's...

Great Smoky Mountains National Park's "Road to Nowhere" Saga Set to End Saturday

There are 2 comments on the National Parks Traveler story from Feb 7, 2010, titled Great Smoky Mountains National Park's "Road to Nowhere" Saga Set to End Saturday. In it, National Parks Traveler reports that:

A decades-long dispute is expected to come to an end Saturday when Interior Secretary Ken Salazar travels to Great Smoky Mountains National Park to sign off on a monetary settlement over the "Road to Nowhere" saga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Parks Traveler.

Passion

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2010
Secretary Ken Salazar, N.C. Governor Perdue and the TVA had already signed the money agreement before the county commissioners had even voted on it. Smells fishy to me, sounds like some crooked dealings was going on, but nothing out of the ordinary for Swain County, we are use to being shafted by the federal government and the Swain Mafia.
swain native

Coudersport, PA

#2 Feb 13, 2010
Passion wrote:
Secretary Ken Salazar, N.C. Governor Perdue and the TVA had already signed the money agreement before the county commissioners had even voted on it. Smells fishy to me, sounds like some crooked dealings was going on, but nothing out of the ordinary for Swain County, we are use to being shafted by the federal government and the Swain Mafia.
" I'll second that motion " !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Just Wondering 4
News Why Pat Robertson is responsible for Ebola (Oct '14) Oct '14 Cordwainer Trout 5
News Mechanic who built first aircraft engine for Wr... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Loony Lib 1
News Wright brothers' mechanic honored at Ohio museum (Jul '14) Jul '14 Charles Taylor 1
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Take Your Country... 4
News Seth Banks to run for District Attorney (Aug '13) Aug '13 joebob 1
News McCrory to headline Dec. 8 Charles Taylor Holid... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lisa Anderson 3
More from around the web