Immigration proposal divisive

Immigration proposal divisive

There are 3 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jul 15, 2006, titled Immigration proposal divisive. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

ASHEVILLE - A proposal to crack down on illegal immigrants in Western North Carolina drew praise and criticism Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Mike Man

Maxton, NC

#1 Jul 15, 2006
Yes illegal immigrants are people too, people who are breaking the law. They should be treated with respect while being deported. The people who employ them should be treated with respect while they are fined and penalized for breaking the law. The politicians doing nothing should be treated with respect while being voted out of office no matter what party. People who say that enforcing the law will create fear in the majority of people should be treated with respect because they have a right to say what they want even if they don't believe it themselves. The few people who benefit from illegal immigration don't even consider the cost to the tax payer-the majority of people who will pay for the education the health care the crime related cost of illegal immigration. The taxpayer who obeys the law. In a way you can't blame the illegal immigrant for even breaking the laws if no one will enforce the laws. Are we going to be a society that encourages law breaking? Then what laws will we obey or not? Pretending that there isn't a problem is rapidly comming to an end. If the federal gov. doesn't have the political will to solve the problem then the States SHOULD TRY!!! The sooner the Better!!

Since: May 07

Maxton, NC

#2 May 19, 2007
Mike Man wrote:
The people who employ them should be treated with respect while they are fined and penalized for breaking the law.
As I see it, this is the only solution...although I would suggest making it a $500k fine per illegal hired. A fine so big no sane business owner would dare tempt it. Couple this with the withdrawal of social programs for illegals.

No work = no illegals. We wouldn't have to deport them, not that we can anyway, they'd leave on their own.

I don't know why people find it so complicated a problem...the solution certainly isn't!
Valentino

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Jul 22, 2007
Mike,
I think we can. There could be some work involved. All law enforcement would be forced to wear earplugs, so they couldn't hear the espanol.
Mike Man,
Maybe we could use the Federal govt for trash routes. Starting over with 48 colonies would be tough to pull off. Or, we could elect Ron Paul and have a federal govt as was meant to exist by the founding fathers.
Valentino

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seth Banks to run for District Attorney (Aug '13) Jun '17 Yep 5
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Just Wondering 4
News Why Pat Robertson is responsible for Ebola (Oct '14) Oct '14 Cordwainer Trout 5
News Mechanic who built first aircraft engine for Wr... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Loony Lib 1
News Wright brothers' mechanic honored at Ohio museum (Jul '14) Jul '14 Charles Taylor 1
News Why Does America Hate Islam? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Take Your Country... 4
News McCrory to headline Dec. 8 Charles Taylor Holid... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lisa Anderson 3
More from around the web