IRS scandal could alter rules

Jun 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Politico

It has engulfed all of Washington in scandal, but the Internal Revenue Service-tea party targeting debacle might finally bring some clarity to rules governing nonprofit organizations.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of99
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

IRS Supervisor in DC Claims She Scrutinized Tea Party Groups
REUTERS

An Internal Revenue Service supervisor in Washington says she was involved in scrutinizing applications from tea party groups seeking tax-exempt status, damaging the IRS claim that targeting was limited to a Cincinnati office.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Are you telling me we have 1 HONEST Washington supervisor in IRS? WOW that is amazing, most are saying they did not know anything about it, or they took the 5th.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
I say we have a presidential special re-election. The last one should not count. Obama cheated like Tiger Woods. They both got caught yet they both got a pass. OJ like indeed.
Do you see a pattern forming here?
Gravediggers

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Get rid of the IRS!

Leaning towards a Flat Tax but with reservations for home ownership, charities.

Get rid of the Department of Education!

Let States and Local Agencies find solutions for their education problems. Send lump sums to EACH state and have them figure out how to solve problems, not our octopus of a government.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

It's time to make the collection of protection money ie withholding taxes/overpayments etc an illegal practice for the crime that it is.

It's time to get rid of a process that only serves bureaucrats, lawyers and accountants and NOT the American people. Almost all the revenue could be collected in other forms and if you want a tax/revneue to build roads or infrastructure call an road/infrastructure FEE.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Gravediggers wrote:
Get rid of the IRS!
Let States and Local Agencies find solutions for their education problems. Send lump sums to EACH state and have them figure out how to solve problems, not our octopus of a government.
Yup, we could be just like Yemen!

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
IRS Supervisor in DC Claims She Scrutinized Tea Party Groups
REUTERS
An Internal Revenue Service supervisor in Washington says she was involved in scrutinizing applications from tea party groups seeking tax-exempt status, damaging the IRS claim that targeting was limited to a Cincinnati office.
They had a RIGHT to scrutinize 'bagger groups, and were CORRECT to do so.

No reason to give everyone tax-exempt handout status, or trust 'baggers. They don't want anyone to pay taxes, and should be audited first and often.

Deal, punk.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Gravediggers wrote:
Get rid of the IRS!
Oh, HELL no.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
I say we have a presidential special re-election. The last one should not count. Obama cheated like Tiger Woods. They both got caught yet they both got a pass. OJ like indeed.
I'd say you're a liar, a moron, and a partisan nitwit. Obviously you can't prove either Woods OR Obama a "cheater," and would never protest the far more dubious 2000 election of Dear Leader Bush.

Get bent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
They had a RIGHT to scrutinize 'bagger groups, and were CORRECT to do so.
No reason to give everyone tax-exempt handout status, or trust 'baggers. They don't want anyone to pay taxes, and should be audited first and often.
Deal, punk.
Gosh, I thought you loons were against profiling.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you're a liar, a moron, and a partisan nitwit. Obviously you can't prove either Woods OR Obama a "cheater," and would never protest the far more dubious 2000 election of Dear Leader Bush.
Get bent.
What you think carries the same effect as flea fart.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh, I thought you loons were against profiling.
Trying to think was your first mistake...you don't have the equipment.

LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What you think carries the same effect as flea fart.
As your posts? No, I'm pretty sure I do a lot better than that...:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to think was your first mistake...you don't have the equipment.
LOL
Yep, there goes another flea fart.......
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

New IRS rules... EVERYONE is tax-exempt. EVERYONE joins the TEA Party and the rest of the 47% who don't pay taxes and who are dependent on government like the TEA Party.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Fire the GOP wrote:
New IRS rules... EVERYONE is tax-exempt. EVERYONE joins the TEA Party and the rest of the 47% who don't pay taxes and who are dependent on government like the TEA Party.
yep, you might get a low information voter or a loon like your self to believe those lies.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, we could be just like Yemen!
Yemen? Are you the Somalia guy also? America when it has massive low taxes and no federal income tax was the greatest economic growing nation in history. We were not Yemen. We were not Somalia. We were the United States of America. Now no one is saying to go back to those levels. But expanding government and keeping it on hyper drive while more and more are getting poorer with massive corruption in government and the general population using it is not the answer either. We need to freeze and move resources around while we cut the fat out of anything corrupted. And there is corrupted.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what you call the voters that sucker-punched the cons in that last 2 presidential elections. You're outnumbered. No matter how you count. Even if you take off your flippers.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Yemen? Are you the Somalia guy also? America when it has massive low taxes and no federal income tax was the greatest economic growing nation in history. We were not Yemen. We were not Somalia. We were the United States of America. Now no one is saying to go back to those levels. But expanding government and keeping it on hyper drive while more and more are getting poorer with massive corruption in government and the general population using it is not the answer either. We need to freeze and move resources around while we cut the fat out of anything corrupted. And there is corrupted.
Don't, you are scaring the low information voters that their free lunch may be almost over.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a pleasure to see red-state, federal dollar junkie state, like okiehomo, get the boot of the dime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of99
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••