Obama signs unemployment benefits ext...

Obama signs unemployment benefits extension

There are 30 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Obama signs unemployment benefits extension. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Federal checks could begin flowing again as early as next week to millions of jobless people who lost up to seven weeks of unemployment benefits in a congressional standoff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wolfy

Fullerton, CA

#2 Jul 22, 2010
Great, freeloading of America continues...
TNFats

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2010
How much is this going do cost us...
How much is this going to cost our children...

ahhh f#$@
Kid from PA

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Jul 22, 2010
Sarah wrote:
God Bless President Obama!
If we had a Republican president, he would be cutting taxes for millionaires, and letting people who are unemployed during this horrible Bush-Cheney Recession starve to death on the on the street!
First of All repubs and dems are both stupid and bush cut taxes for the middle class and buissness not just the rich, o yeah I think 99 weeks is enough time to get a job, ask my uncle.
Wolfy

Fullerton, CA

#5 Jul 22, 2010
This only costs $32 Billion. A small drop in Obama's $2.4 Trillion bucket.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#7 Jul 22, 2010
The moderators are blocking a serious post re SS all over
topix?? Trust we do not have a biased Moderator??????
That would be a Liberal of course??????????
Reality

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2010
Sarah wrote:
If we had a Republican president, he would be cutting taxes for millionaires, and letting people who are unemployed during this horrible Bush-Cheney Recession starve to death on the on the street!
Tard, educate yourself.

In 2008, the millionaires you speak of (.23% of all returns) paid 24.1% of all income taxes. AGIs of $100k and above (12.8% of all returns) paid 74.5% of all income taxes. The bottom 48% paid a WHOPPING 2.1% of all income taxes.

How much more do you think we should punish the producers in this country? No wonder the Democrats are in the majority. "The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" --George Bernard Shaw

Weiner Boy

Hermosa Beach, CA

#9 Jul 22, 2010
Sarah wrote:
You should take a rudimentary class in both micro and macro economics. You heard of that saying "money isn't real" right? Well, when Obama extends these unemployment benefits, "money isn't real" because the Federal government just prints more money while the economy is worsening. In other words, one U.S. dollar is worth less than it was before; it's purchasing power has decreased. In a nutshell, we're screwed.

It has nothing to do with "evil whitey Republicans" playing favorites with "greedy whiteys" on the hill or along the beach.

I wanna be a billionaire so fricken bad,
buy all the things...
Reality

United States

#10 Jul 22, 2010
Oh yeah. In case you want to do the math yourself (which is doubtful), go here - http://www.irs.gov/taxstats/indtaxstats/artic... .

You might actually learn something.
John Von Germany

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#11 Jul 23, 2010
Great, more welfare fraud approved.

Since: Jun 08

Thailand

#12 Jul 23, 2010
John Von Germany wrote:
It seems to me that the unemployment benefits extension will do nothing positive for the economy. However, to characterize it as fraud is dishonest. A correct example of fraud would be some USS Liberty crewmen who have profited from false assertions (i.e. deliberate lies) about Israel's completely justified (though erroneous) 1967 attack on a spy-ship commanded by incompetents.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#15 Jul 23, 2010
John Von Germany wrote:
If you weren't getting fraudualent checks you wouldn't have to worry about welfare fraud......
Wow

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#16 Jul 23, 2010
Why get a job? just sit on the porch all day.
Wow

#17 Jul 23, 2010
Sarah wrote:
Sad that you don't get it. Go get a job from a poor person then. Do you know what % of THEIR $ people get to keep? Keep blaming Bush-Cheney, blame them for all 8 years, will you? LOL
Wow

#18 Jul 23, 2010
Stanley Engel wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me that the unemployment benefits extension will do nothing positive for the economy. However, to characterize it as fraud is dishonest. A correct example of fraud would be some USS Liberty crewmen who have profited from false assertions (i.e. deliberate lies) about Israel's completely justified (though erroneous) 1967 attack on a spy-ship commanded by incompetents.
blame the jews? LOL. no, bush & cheney, LOL. koo-koo bird
yernogood

Tallahassee, FL

#19 Jul 23, 2010
Thank you…Finally, now I can re-open for breakfast…
Wow

#20 Jul 23, 2010
Natty Dreds wrote:
Great news! Money for human beings instead of for bombs!!!! Way to go, President Obama!!!
You can tell how good an idea by how many Teabaggers are whining on Topix!!
The Bush tax cuts have bankrupt this country!
Isn't Cheney dead yet? I wanna dance on his grave.
double-wide? he has and does lead a great life style, you? bitterness is sad to watch......

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#21 Jul 23, 2010
Sarah wrote:
Hello, tax cuts = job creation. It really is that simple. How many jobs are poor people creating? Ummmm, none. PS when the Bush tax cuts expire in January, it is goning to mean a tax hike for EVERYONE, not just the rich. Try looking to history and see how increases in taxes during a recession has worked......It's called a depression. Hang on to your hat honey,'cause this is going to be a BIG double dipper with massive inflation on the horizon, and a majority of that you can thank the CURRENT idiot in chief for.
EnlightenMe

Modesto, CA

#22 Jul 23, 2010
Natty Dreds wrote:
Great news! Money for human beings instead of for bombs!!!! Way to go, President Obama!!!
You can tell how good an idea by how many Teabaggers are whining on Topix!!
The Bush tax cuts have bankrupt this country!
Isn't Cheney dead yet? I wanna dance on his grave.
By you comment I can tell you live in a false sense of security. Reality is about to catch up with you.
yernogood

Tallahassee, FL

#23 Jul 23, 2010
Please Spare Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, tax cuts = job creation. It really is that simple. How many jobs are poor people creating? Ummmm, none. PS when the Bush tax cuts expire in January, it is goning to mean a tax hike for EVERYONE, not just the rich. Try looking to history and see how increases in taxes during a recession has worked......It's called a depression. Hang on to your hat honey,'cause this is going to be a BIG double dipper with massive inflation on the horizon, and a majority of that you can thank the CURRENT idiot in chief for.
Personally I think this is marvelous. I especially love watching the people with those obnoxiously huge SUV’s pulling up to the pumps and putting in 20 bucks. I love seeing their distraught looks and that obvious expression of “how did this all happen”? Oh and those cartoon characters on your back window? Are they still getting the latest designer clothing? Well it was fun while it lasted wasn’t it? Yep, we’re all millionaires. Fkn presents trying to look rich. Well enjoy your soup, you cooked it you eat it.
LKF

Sun City, CA

#25 Jul 23, 2010
I wish he would sign his own resignation form.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Capitol Hill, one giant Obamacare fight Jun 13 Cordwainer Trout 15
News Weed the people May '15 Roy Smith 1
News Ryan set for collision course with Obama (Nov '14) Nov '14 Le Duped 4
News Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe (Jun '14) Jun '14 lolol 6
News McAllister lays low, hopes scandal passes (Apr '14) Apr '14 Debbie 1
News 'Doc Fix' Puts Republicans in Election-Year Bind (Mar '14) Mar '14 foster 10
News Obama's IRS 'Confusion' (Feb '14) Feb '14 Cat74 132
More from around the web