President addresses Congress about he...

President addresses Congress about health care

There are 1 comment on the Lahonton Valley News story from Sep 9, 2009, titled President addresses Congress about health care. In it, Lahonton Valley News reports that:

Shaking off a summer of setbacks, President Barack Obama summoned Congress to enact sweeping health care legislation Wednesday night, declaring the "time for bickering is over" and the moment has arrived to protect millions who have unreliable insurance or no coverage at all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lahonton Valley News.

Charlotte Kraus

Basking Ridge, NJ

#1 Sep 9, 2009
I think Boustany is full of it. He is just another republican out to see this plan fail. I am an independent and I am so sick of this bickering just for the sake of proving our president wrong. I am also a 63 old woman who has been struck down with a serious illness this last year. I do not have medicare. I do not have health insurance. I could not get coverage because of a pre-existing condition. I can not get medicare for another 2 years, even if I get on Social Security dissability. My medical expenses have reached over $10,000.00 in this 1 year period. I have tried to keep up on my medical bills. Now I am getting sued. I still go to work but in a wheelchair. I can no longer go to my Dr. I can not afford it. The medications that I could take that may help me are between $1200.00 & 1700.00 a month. I do not qualify for help from the drug companies because my husband & I make too much money. I recently lost a friend who had a heart attack because he was self-employed and had no health insurance. He was waiting for his medicare so he could have his heart surgery. He was 2 months away from turing 65. The bickering has to stop. We need health reform desperately. I am afraid that all this nonsense is going to cause a civil war. I think it is just a matter of time before blood is shed because of some of the lies and scare tactics the republicans are putting out there and the radicals are acting on. There are so many people out there like me and who are much worse off than I am. Maybe the constant pain has finally gotten to me because this is the first time I have spoken out on anything political.
Sincerely, Charlotte Kraus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP aims to grow majority in final Senate race,... (Dec '16) Dec '16 tomin cali 4
News America and Israel Share a Weird Political Path... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Cath League of Du... 54
News Weed the people (May '15) Oct '15 louisianATHEIST 2
News The Latest: Shooter started to leave with crowd... (Jul '15) Jul '15 goonsquad 18
News On Capitol Hill, one giant Obamacare fight (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cordwainer Trout 15
News Ryan set for collision course with Obama (Nov '14) Nov '14 Le Duped 4
News Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe (Jun '14) Jun '14 lolol 6
More from around the web