Reaction To President's Health Care S...

Reaction To President's Health Care Speech - NewsChannel 5.com ...

There are 148 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Sep 9, 2009, titled Reaction To President's Health Care Speech - NewsChannel 5.com .... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

WASHINGTON - Some congressional Republicans said President Barack Obama squandered a chance to build bipartisan support in his health-care address to Congress.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
kkm

Spring Hill, TN

#166 Sep 11, 2009
Why cant they just get a hold on the price of healthcare.There is no reason that a doctors visit should cost as much as it does.When my daughter was in school she lost control of her body.She had to be carried to the office.I took her to the emergency room.I had just lost my job and my insurance.Being there for 3 hours the bill was $4500.00.It is rediculous how much they charge.Now we pay $200 a week for insurance and it still cost a fortune to go to the doctor.If this bill passes I just wonder if we will be paying more for insurance.
Bob

Nashville, TN

#167 Sep 11, 2009
To Republicans and "wanna b" Republicans- Why is it that anything that involves compassion to help the earth and the less fortunate like welfare programs, aiding katrina victims, global warming prevention, affordable healthcare for everyone ect., you complain, deny them, and cry about your tax dollars being wasted, but on the other hand, when it involves destruction to mankind like wars that kill millions, light gun laws, allowing health insurance companies to let thousands die by denying coverage, murder for oil and other natural resources and things of that nature, you are all for it. You claim to be super Christians correct, now ask yourselves would Christ choose compassion or destruction? Now, figure out which biblical figure would prefer destruction? Now that you have the answer, are you proud to know who you are working for? By the way Im not a Dem. either.

Since: Mar 08

Smyrna TN

#168 Sep 11, 2009
kkm wrote:
Why cant they just get a hold on the price of healthcare.
I agree. Ma Bell is regulated, gas stations cannot price gouge, but the medical industry is free to do what they want. No matter who was in office, this has never been address, Republican or Democrat.

Since: Apr 09

Gallatin, TN

#169 Sep 11, 2009
banger wrote:
<quoted text>very well put Jason. If this plan oBama says is so good why does he it rushed through? Why not give everyone a chance to see what is really in it and then decide. People see his lips moving and believe what he says. He hasn't done anything so far,of the things he said he will do. I know he hasn't been in office that long, long enough to create a mess.
I think this is his (obama) way. As soon as he got into office he pushed through the bailout for what?$730B. He wanted it all cost, he got what he wanted. They didn't even take the time to read all the pages. He is very very slick.

Now this health reform will get passed through without ANYONE knowing very little about it. I know there has to be a answer to the problem. But to rush a plan through without having the answers how it will work, be paid for, and a whole list of other questions.

He promised change. This is what he is going to give. The sad thing is most people didn't stop to think what kind of changes he meant. I can't say if I'm for or against it. There has not been enough information about how it will work, how much it's going to cost, will we keep our doctors we have now, will we get certain medicines or treatments if we really need them, as a 51 yr. old, will I be given the right care as I get older, and will I have to wait weeks to see a doctor or get treatment????? What are all the HONEST answers to these questions????

Since: Mar 08

Smyrna TN

#170 Sep 11, 2009
JMF58 wrote:
<quoted text>I think this is his (obama) way. As soon as he got into office he pushed through the bailout for what?$730B. He wanted it all cost, he got what he wanted. They didn't even take the time to read all the pages. He is very very slick.
Now this health reform will get passed through without ANYONE knowing very little about it. I know there has to be a answer to the problem. But to rush a plan through without having the answers how it will work, be paid for, and a whole list of other questions.
He promised change. This is what he is going to give. The sad thing is most people didn't stop to think what kind of changes he meant. I can't say if I'm for or against it. There has not been enough information about how it will work, how much it's going to cost, will we keep our doctors we have now, will we get certain medicines or treatments if we really need them, as a 51 yr. old, will I be given the right care as I get older, and will I have to wait weeks to see a doctor or get treatment????? What are all the HONEST answers to these questions????
I agree. Look at TennCare when it collasped. So many people needed care and life saving drugs got booted off of it so TN could do CoverKids, and exapnd the program more to "low income" families.

Since: Jul 07

Norfolk, VA

#171 Sep 11, 2009
Bob wrote:
To Republicans and "wanna b" Republicans- Why is it that anything that involves compassion to help the earth and the less fortunate like welfare programs, aiding katrina victims, global warming prevention, affordable healthcare for everyone ect., you complain, deny them, and cry about your tax dollars being wasted, but on the other hand, when it involves destruction to mankind like wars that kill millions, light gun laws, allowing health insurance companies to let thousands die by denying coverage, murder for oil and other natural resources and things of that nature, you are all for it. You claim to be super Christians correct, now ask yourselves would Christ choose compassion or destruction? Now, figure out which biblical figure would prefer destruction? Now that you have the answer, are you proud to know who you are working for? By the way Im not a Dem. either.
actually bob, Christ would say render unto caesar what is ceasar's. He did not get in to how governments should proceed, but he did speak often as to how people should act. if people acted thusly, perhaps the government would not need to intervene so much into our daily lives???

Since: Sep 09

Calhoun, LA

#173 Sep 11, 2009
thrasher wrote:
My question is, what happen's to the people who are currently working in the medical field, the business offices, and all the other areas. With this type of plan the government will run it and most if not all will not be needed. Then unemployment rises. Think about it people, look what this man is trying to do. Listen to people in Canada that travels to the United States because they can't get the care they need. Do people really want this because oBama says everyone will have it.
There should be no reason for unemployment to rise in those fields. They'll still have jobs, it's just that their checks may be a little less. And as for Canadians coming here to get the care they need, what about all the U.S. citizens that travel to different countries to get surgeries they can afford? Here's an article dating back to 2007, before Obama and this whole health care issue was even in the picture: http://www.panama-guide.com/article.php/20070...
Really

Hendersonville, TN

#175 Sep 11, 2009
Complete_Chaos wrote:
<quoted text> There should be no reason for unemployment to rise in those fields. They'll still have jobs, it's just that their checks may be a little less. And as for Canadians coming here to get the care they need, what about all the U.S. citizens that travel to different countries to get surgeries they can afford? Here's an article dating back to 2007, before Obama and this whole health care issue was even in the picture: http://www.panama-guide.com/article.php/20070...
That is a very misleading article. I bet I could take a months salary there and live like a King....well at least a third world King.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP aims to grow majority in final Senate race,... (Dec '16) Dec '16 tomin cali 4
News America and Israel Share a Weird Political Path... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Cath League of Du... 54
News Weed the people (May '15) Oct '15 louisianATHEIST 2
News The Latest: Shooter started to leave with crowd... (Jul '15) Jul '15 goonsquad 18
News On Capitol Hill, one giant Obamacare fight (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cordwainer Trout 15
News Ryan set for collision course with Obama (Nov '14) Nov '14 Le Duped 4
News Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe (Jun '14) Jun '14 lolol 6
More from around the web