Obama: 'time for bickering is over'

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR 25
Shaking off a summer of setbacks, President Barack Obama summoned Congress to enact sweeping health care legislation Wednesday night, declaring the "time for bickering is over" and the moment has arrived to protect millions who have unreliable insurance or no coverage at all. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Driver

AOL

#1 Sep 9, 2009
More BS from BO
jonmon

Glenwood Springs, CO

#2 Sep 9, 2009
what astounds me is that not one word is mentioned ever about the billions spent on the wars and the bank bailouts. With all of that money back in our pockets there would not even be a discussion about health care and deficits
karl42

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Sep 9, 2009
Okay I won't bicker, I just have one question. Did Obama say he would make it mandatory everyone gets insurance? Well my question would be what would be the penalty if you didn't want health insurance. I can remember my 20's and early 30's I didn't want my employer taking insurance out of my check. I was young and healthy. What are they going to do lock you up if you do not want insurance???
Truthseeker

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 9, 2009
WAMAH: "Time for bickering has just begun"

“OMG! Obama Must GO”

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere else

#7 Sep 9, 2009
The time for bickering is over? Does that mean that those who disagree with ObamaNation are hereby ordered to shut up?

How are they going to shut up people who disagree with them?

Are they going to propose some sort of law to shut down talk radio?

Are they going to take over the newspapers and alphabet media?

Will we lose our First Amendment rights and be forced to listen to morons like "My Opinion" up there (who complained about "widening the divide" in the middle of a mental, hateful rant directed towards those who disagree with her)?

Yes, President* Obama, the time for bickering is over. You need to accept facts and reality and start listening to some reason.
JET

Kyle, TX

#8 Sep 9, 2009
I am seriously disappointed in the Republican response. There was an agreement that reform needed to happen, but I heard nothing offered up in terms of ideas for such reform. There needs to be a more measured answer than simply negating the speech before it.

Since: Sep 09

Denver

#11 Sep 9, 2009
karl42 wrote:
.... Did Obama say he would make it mandatory everyone gets insurance? Well my question would be what would be the penalty if you didn't want health insurance.....
The wording in the original HR 3200 called for the IRS co-ordinating and crosschecking insurance status with tax returns and then withholding the penalty amount or leveling liens on the non-insured. And we all know that the IRS has ways of taking your assets, right?
Obama is a failure

United States

#12 Sep 9, 2009
Obama:'time for bickering is over; Just agree with me Damit!

Santa Ana, CA

#13 Sep 9, 2009
There are Republicans working on reform. But Obama won't say anything in regard to it and the mainstream media hides the facts.

Denver

#14 Sep 9, 2009
JET wrote:
I am seriously disappointed in the Republican response. There was an agreement that reform needed to happen, but I heard nothing offered up in terms of ideas for such reform. There needs to be a more measured answer than simply negating the speech before it.
Either you haven't been listening or you've only listened to the biased alphabet MSM. The Repub response is there and has been, and so have other reform ideas, but once the ZerO made clear that he didn't want to hear of anything but HIS option, the press promptly closed shop to any and every alternative. BObo says "Shut up" and they obligingly grovel.
karl42

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Sep 9, 2009
cjrian wrote:
<quoted text>
The wording in the original HR 3200 called for the IRS co-ordinating and crosschecking insurance status with tax returns and then withholding the penalty amount or leveling liens on the non-insured. And we all know that the IRS has ways of taking your assets, right?
Okay, but does it say you MUST have Insur.

“OMG! Obama Must GO”

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere else

#16 Sep 9, 2009
I clearly remember during the debates Obama promising that there would be NO penalty if you chose not to participate in ObamaCare.

Remeber that? McCain made a point of making him repeat it, and he actually pretended to write it down.

Just more Demoncrap lies, eh Karl?

"stone faced back stabbing child rapists". Nothing like spreading empty lies and hatred.
icewolf

Denver, CO

#18 Sep 9, 2009
A bit off topic but Dennis Miller said that Pelosi's wild eyes looked like she was a walleye staring at a baited hook.

I think all the ups and downs during the speech took a toll on Biden. Was he grasping his heart or just out of breath.
Mountainair

Aspen, CO

#20 Sep 9, 2009
Federal deficits are exploding.

Federal debt levels will have to be raised in October.

The fed is buying t-bills...printing money like fools.

Prava says that Marxism does not work.

Chinese communist students are laughing at us.

What could go wrong ?
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#21 Sep 10, 2009
And now it appears some gutless lib at Topix is censoring me again.

Denver

#22 Sep 10, 2009
karl42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but does it say you MUST have Insur.
Not in so many words. BUT, when the financial penalty for NOT having government "insurance" approximately equals the cost OF buying the "insurance", who is going to opt out of getting the benefits? The out-of-pocket expense is the same. Who in their right mind foregoes anything when they are payimg for it anyway?
abc

Arvada, CO

#23 Sep 10, 2009
DID ANYONE NOTICE THE LOOK ON PELOSI FACE?
SHE DESPERATLY NEEDS AN ANEMA!
BIDEN WAS GASPING FOR AIR!
MORE ..BS..FROM OBAMA!

Lake In The Hills, IL

#24 Sep 10, 2009
The whole dog and poney show was an exercise in arrogance. Pelosi for example has to know what most of America thinks of her. For most of us, that would be enough to resign, but not this arrogant idiot. The whole high and mighty show was enough to gag a magot. I love to spend about 20 min. watching them all glad handing each other before and after the show (on our dime). Lets face it, it's a 536 member private club. Where else in the world can you return home and campaign against your own mistakes.

2nd Amendment--in case the politicians ignore the others.
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#25 Sep 10, 2009
The time for bickering is over. Show us your original birth certificate. Show us all of your college applications and transcripts. That way you can finally be exposed for the fraud you are and be dragged out of office, in chains hopefully.
raysmom2

Pueblo, CO

#26 Sep 10, 2009
I love the way he always seeks to belittle dissent. He needs to step away from Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" and read any book on healthy relationships- IF he wants to be represent us all, which he has not shown one iota of care about so far. He has his agenda, and that is that, and he gets really cranky if things don't go his way, vilifying the messenger, as other empty-headed followers do. If you can't defend your stance with reason, then disparage the opponent- the tactics of the intellectually weak and dishonest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan set for collision course with Obama Nov '14 Le Duped 4
Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe (Jun '14) Jun '14 lolol 6
McAllister lays low, hopes scandal passes (Apr '14) Apr '14 Debbie 1
'Doc Fix' Puts Republicans in Election-Year Bind (Mar '14) Mar '14 foster 10
Obama's IRS 'Confusion' (Feb '14) Feb '14 Cat74 132
Obamacare push accelerates as government shutdo... (Sep '13) Oct '13 bs alert 111
Immigration supporters fear they're losing camp... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Brenda besson 14
More from around the web