Social Security makes $8 billion in i...

Social Security makes $8 billion in improper payments

There are 148 comments on the Cleveland.com story from Jun 14, 2011, titled Social Security makes $8 billion in improper payments. In it, Cleveland.com reports that:

The Social Security Administration made $6.5 billion in overpayments to people not entitled to receive them in 2009, including $4 billion under a supplemental income program for the very poor, a government investigator said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cleveland.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#1 Jun 14, 2011
OBAMA INCOMPETENTS....then again who got these monies?....Reminds me of an ACORN thing....The Labor in those processing faculties are all OBAMAS PEOPLE...an inflated work force....so easy to take care of the FOLK ...It STINKS TO ME!....If something seems not right,its not!
bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#2 Jun 14, 2011
Does Michael Astrue know this???

http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/factsheets/ast...

8 BILLION is a lot for one year and even exceeds the approximately 5 BILLION that we give to Israel and Egypt every year.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#3 Jun 14, 2011
Pilfered SS #'s?

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Obama got Osama!

#4 Jun 14, 2011
The Obama Administration was just getting situated and evaluating the scope of damage that 8 years of the Bush had done to this nation in 2009. Just like the Gulf oil spill, there will be lingering effects of the Bush years for generations; I’m just thankful that President Obama is here now to at least get some of this stuff corrected.

“It's 420 here.”

cold comfort farm

#5 Jun 14, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The Obama Administration was just getting situated and evaluating the scope of damage that 8 years of the Bush had done to this nation in 2009. Just like the Gulf oil spill, there will be lingering effects of the Bush years for generations; I’m just thankful that President Obama is here now to at least get some of this stuff corrected.
Wipe the goo off your slobbering lips. You have yet to fault Obama for anything. Instead, it's 'he inherited this or that.'
You are a pathetic Obamabot!
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#7 Jun 14, 2011
too droll to troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe the goo off your slobbering lips. You have yet to fault Obama for anything. Instead, it's 'he inherited this or that.'
You are a pathetic Obamabot!
yes feel sorry for her..Pat,that is...classic BRAINLOCK...symptoms of Bi-Polar condition.Manic depression is a BITCH,and its a person in a dream world.....send her cookies and milk...the POOR HOPELESS BASTARD!
WH Kenyan Commie Fraud

San Jose, CA

#9 Jun 14, 2011
And these idiots are going to control Americans' healthcare.

Unfreakingbelievable.
Marga K

United States

#10 Jun 14, 2011
No it wasn't Bush who misappropriated the $8billion dollars. It was the totally incompetent Obama people. It went to the poor, and unfortunate people who never paid a cent into S S. This bunch has misappropriated so much money it isn't funny.
Richard

United States

#11 Jun 14, 2011
How can the obama people just be getting started on this S S thing when they have been in office 2 1/2 years. How long will it take to get started? Stop trying to make excuses for them. We know they are slow, and stupid. But you cannot keep blaming Bush any longer. Even that moron Turban Durbin said, no more using Bush. These Democrats are the worst we have ever elected.
Joe

Orlando, FL

#12 Jun 14, 2011
Details, details, who has time for petty details? Besides it's all borrowed from the Chinese anyway, and once Obungler gets done ruining our currency it won't matter anymore. Obama \ Weiner 2012!
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#13 Jun 14, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Ha ha ha

your weiner boy has you so screwed up you're back to your old 'blame Bush' excuse for obama's failures.....

better loosen up, patty cake......you'll snap that obama head dil-do in half....
goose

Chicago, IL

#14 Jun 14, 2011
Marga K wrote:
No it wasn't Bush who misappropriated the $8billion dollars. It was the totally incompetent Obama people. It went to the poor, and unfortunate people who never paid a cent into S S. This bunch has misappropriated so much money it isn't funny.
Just like welfare fraud, it is not tied to any one administration .... for DECADES!. It does smack of the progressive way of doing business though.
pete

Elliottsburg, PA

#15 Jun 14, 2011
Marga K wrote:
i thought buying votes was illegal lmao
pete

Elliottsburg, PA

#16 Jun 14, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha
your weiner boy has you so screwed up you're back to your old 'blame Bush' excuse for obama's failures.....
better loosen up, patty cake......you'll snap that obama head dil-do in half....
bush made obama bail out the banks too.(just in time to hand out their million dollar bonuses) bush also makes obama fight agains any bills that are put in place to get the illegals out.(in a time when legal citizens cant find a job and cant afford food)its also bush fault that we are now involved in 4 wars as vs. 2 ( libya, and the secret war were added on from obama) thats right, the gitmo prison that bush did was so bad that obama "pledged" to his followers to shut it down,he did shut it down,just to reopen it. its also bushs fault for all the tornadoes right? dont get me wrong,im not a bush supporter,but im honestly not sure which administartion was worse,bush,or obama.
Richard

United States

#17 Jun 14, 2011
Bush cannot make Obama do a damn thing. Obama does exactly as he pleases, America be damned. He hates America, and Americans!!
pete

Elliottsburg, PA

#18 Jun 14, 2011
Richard wrote:
Bush cannot make Obama do a damn thing. Obama does exactly as he pleases, America be damned. He hates America, and Americans!!
i would go as far as to say that he hates america and americans,but i do agree with the bush part.the problem is that americans in general are just so damn gollible.what type of administration did they expect from a man with basically no experience? he promised change and he delivered on that one.we changed from 2 wars to 4 wars,the gas prices changed,the food prices changed,the banks changed from just ripping us off to ripping us off then us bailing them out,and 4 years ago i had a dollar in my pocket, now all i have is CHANGE

Since: Oct 08

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jun 15, 2011
poor people are ruining this country, they contribute nothing (taxes) yet they consume what others contribute (taxes paid by taxpayers)

Give them 6 more months of welfare, then end the program, every man for himself.
budd

San Francisco, CA

#20 Jun 15, 2011
Do you chuckleheads actually read these articles?

The over payments are due to people under-reporting resources. It may be fun for you jokers to pretend this is some sort of failure on Obama's part. These over payments have been happening throughout the former administrations. It was Obama's initiative to find these over payments and stop them.

[In 2009, President Barack Obama directed federal agencies to reduce improper payments, and last year, Congress set a goal of reducing the payments by $50 billion by 2012.]

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#21 Jun 15, 2011
budd wrote:
Do you chuckleheads actually read these articles?
The over payments are due to people under-reporting resources. It may be fun for you jokers to pretend this is some sort of failure on Obama's part. These over payments have been happening throughout the former administrations. It was Obama's initiative to find these over payments and stop them.
[In 2009, President Barack Obama directed federal agencies to reduce improper payments, and last year, Congress set a goal of reducing the payments by $50 billion by 2012.]
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2...
Those knuckle dragging mouth breathers on the right can't read so of course they don't know what the article actually said. Unless FOX news or hate radio tells them what to think and say, they are mindless and clueless and fueled by their hate and self loathing.

Keep up the good work President Obama.
If the teabaggers are angry, we know
we're on the right track.
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#22 Jun 15, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
poor people are ruining this country, they contribute nothing (taxes) yet they consume what others contribute (taxes paid by taxpayers)
Give them 6 more months of welfare, then end the program, every man for himself.
Damn....obama, would love that...

it would cause america to crash and burn by the end of the year.....

and, be begging the Eurpoean Union to allow America a membership....

Do you just not understand that america's economy is based on a false economy and now MUST have money in non-producers pockets to continue the false economy spending....

the number of unemployed running out of benefit checks without finding employment to replace the checks with a income to put back into the economy is being felt all over the country RIGHT NOW....

America's prosperity of the past 40 years has been based on a false economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weed the people (May '15) Oct '15 louisianATHEIST 2
News The Latest: Shooter started to leave with crowd... (Jul '15) Jul '15 goonsquad 18
News On Capitol Hill, one giant Obamacare fight (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cordwainer Trout 15
News Ryan set for collision course with Obama (Nov '14) Nov '14 Le Duped 4
News Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe (Jun '14) Jun '14 lolol 6
News McAllister lays low, hopes scandal passes (Apr '14) Apr '14 Debbie 1
News 'Doc Fix' Puts Republicans in Election-Year Bind (Mar '14) Mar '14 foster 10
More from around the web