President Obama to Congress: 'Time fo...

President Obama to Congress: 'Time for bickering is over'

There are 11 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 9, 2009, titled President Obama to Congress: 'Time for bickering is over'. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Shaking off a summer of setbacks, President Barack Obama summoned Congress to enact sweeping health care legislation Wednesday night, declaring the "time for bickering is over" and the moment has arrived to protect millions who have unreliable insurance or no coverage at all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

sinpelosenlaleng ua

Brownsville, TX

#1 Sep 9, 2009
the bigening of communism....kiss good by to our free country!!He's shoving this health monstrousity down the american people's throat, HE IS NOT COMPLYING TO WHAT the people who elected him wants, but rather WHAT HIS MAJESTY WANTS!! LET'S ALL BOW TO KING OBAMA AND HIS COURT!.........HELL NO,I will take my business out of this soon to be socilaist country and enjoy the money I so worked hard for! "The bickering is over"??? Can you imagine the arrogance of this community organizer??
Sherry

El Paso, TX

#2 Sep 9, 2009
What a speech. I love my president.
I do now believe God sent him to us to save our country and the world. God bless America.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 9, 2009
What a partisan piece of communist crap this president is. He's immature at best.
donkeyman

Midland, OR

#4 Sep 9, 2009
another obama worthless speech. waterloo just fell on this guy. its all over, hes done and the whole congress has been hung out to dry.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#5 Sep 9, 2009
What a great speech the President gave to the nation and the Congress!

Health care reform will be the Law of the Land in time for Christmas!

Barack Hussein Obama stood before Congress tonight; he was the smartest, the strongest, the toughest leader in the room.

God bless the United States of America!
Pete

El Paso, TX

#6 Sep 9, 2009
Hussein is a liar!! What a sorry excuse for a human!!
FH_Foster

Brownsville, TX

#7 Sep 9, 2009
It is with great disappointment that I write in regards to the unacceptable and childish behavior of Representative Joe Wilson of South Carolina during President Obama’s speech. While the healthcare debate is a sensitive topic and despite the fact that I vote Republican, I believe the President of the United States deserves the utmost respect from both sides of the political spectrum. Congressman Wilson’s outburst not only insulted President Obama, he also insulted the American public. Some may argue that Congressman Wilson is expressing his right to free speech, but as a statesman and a former member of the United States military, one would expect more civility and diplomacy, especially in such a setting. I suggest he be called to the floor and apologize to the President, the office he holds, and to the American people.
Rodney Dangerfield

United States

#8 Sep 9, 2009
PooPoo Platter wrote:
What a great speech the President gave to the nation and the Congress!
Health care reform will be the Law of the Land in time for Christmas!
Barack Hussein Obama stood before Congress tonight; he was the smartest, the strongest, the toughest leader in the room.
God bless the United States of America!
What he really said was this.

My fellow world citizens, I mean Americans. The time for bickering is over! The time for disagreement is over! The time for shouting is over because it is now time to do the right thing and the right thing is what I say is right because I'M smarter, I'M more experience at organizing, I'm the best looking man in the building (cept for my ears) and I know what's best for you and your kids.
MY legacy is at stake and it is now imperative that what I want, what I say, what I desire, and what I demand be done because we must all realize that this,...is not about ME!
Don't believe the scare tactics coming from the right wing talk shows. We must believe the left wing fanatics instead. For instance, if you want to keep your doctor, no one's gonna stop you from seeing him. Of course MY taxes will run him out of the country and you'll have to travel to Bumflock Egypt to see him, but you can still see him!
Do you remember my successful "Clash for Clunkers" program that was so successful it ran out of money in four days? Well, under my health care program the same success can be attained and we'll run out of prescription drugs even faster!
No one is gonna kill Grandma either. There will be tax deductions if you make an appointment with Dr. Kavorkian, but nothing will be forced.
The time has come for Blue Dog democrats to tow the line and act like democrats or we'll pull a Joe Lieberman on the lot of you. If you don't follow suit, it will be some other part of your anatomy that will turn "blue".
To the Madame Speaker I only say we must pull tight on the reins of leadership to keep everyone in line. And I mean tighter than the skin on your face. She represent the short comings of the current health coverage we have. Under my plan she will not only afford more face lifts, but will be able to do something about that wrinkled up neck of hers.
To my friend Harry Reed. Harry! Harry! Someone wake that Honky up! To you Harry I only say that you must start leading and that doesn't just mean being the first in line at the man's room.
Fianally I close by telling my fellow citizens not to believe the far right fanatics shouting at townhalls. Believe that left wing fanatics who dine on chicken (and sometimes human) fingers instead.
Together we can screw the rich, except the rich democrats sitting here tonight. Together we can force the rich to share the wealth, except the rich democrats sitting here tonight. And together we shall over come because I"ve been to the mountain top, and when I got there, I didn't have a freakin idea why I wanted to climb it in the first place.
Good night and Salaamu'Alaykum, I mean god bless America.
(teleprompter falls off the podium again!)
Rodney Dangerfield

United States

#9 Sep 9, 2009
Eighthman wrote:
What a partisan piece of communist crap this president is. He's immature at best.
He's actually a very dangerous an arrogant fool.
Rodney Dangerfield

United States

#10 Sep 9, 2009
Sherry wrote:
What a speech. I love my president.
I do now believe God sent him to us to save our country and the world. God bless America.

I thought the "messiah" ("God sent him to us")stuff was just a joke, but you prove Rush Limbaugh right once again. I could've sworn I saw three wise men in the corner, but that's impossible in Washington D.C. How soon before our currency reads: "In Obama we trust" and didn't you mean Obama bless America?
Beatles4ever

United States

#11 Sep 9, 2009
FH_Foster wrote:
It is with great disappointment that I write in regards to the unacceptable and childish behavior of Representative Joe Wilson of South Carolina during President Obama’s speech. While the healthcare debate is a sensitive topic and despite the fact that I vote Republican, I believe the President of the United States deserves the utmost respect from both sides of the political spectrum. Congressman Wilson’s outburst not only insulted President Obama, he also insulted the American public. Some may argue that Congressman Wilson is expressing his right to free speech, but as a statesman and a former member of the United States military, one would expect more civility and diplomacy, especially in such a setting. I suggest he be called to the floor and apologize to the President, the office he holds, and to the American people.
Yeah, the republicans should show the same respect the democrats gave Bush kinda like Al Gore on Bush: "He lied to this country! He betrayed America!" Or maybe you're talking about the disrespectful manner that Madame Hillary used on one of our military heroes. Or the respectful way that all of you guys treated Palin and her family. You guys aren't democrats, you're hypocrats!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weed the people (May '15) Oct '15 louisianATHEIST 2
News The Latest: Shooter started to leave with crowd... (Jul '15) Jul '15 goonsquad 18
News On Capitol Hill, one giant Obamacare fight (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cordwainer Trout 15
News Ryan set for collision course with Obama (Nov '14) Nov '14 Le Duped 4
News Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe (Jun '14) Jun '14 lolol 6
News McAllister lays low, hopes scandal passes (Apr '14) Apr '14 Debbie 1
News 'Doc Fix' Puts Republicans in Election-Year Bind (Mar '14) Mar '14 foster 10
More from around the web