Altmire disappointed by situation in ...

Altmire disappointed by situation in Iraq

There are 6 comments on the Butler Eagle story from Sep 5, 2007, titled Altmire disappointed by situation in Iraq. In it, Butler Eagle reports that:

“They haven't done any of that,"he said. "They've actually gone backward.”

U.S. Rep Jason Altmire returned today to the United States from a quick tour of Iraq, disappointed by the lack of progress made by the Iraqi government. via Butler Eagle

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Butler Eagle.

“Trump is so right!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Sep 8, 2007
Well, wow, how about that. How much did that trip cost us? There's no Blue Cross in Iraq. For he record I'm disappointed in Altmire. And that comes without a trip half way around the world.
Agree

Butler, PA

#2 Sep 8, 2007
Altmire is a dud who was elected on a wave of Bush hatred generated by leftists. His only thing going for him is that, cut and run and make our great country loose the war by giving aid and comfort to our enemies. He does not know the meaning of the word SHAME.

“The Voice of Reason”

Since: Mar 07

www.legconsol.com

#3 Sep 8, 2007
He actually has very valid points. I find it hard to conceive that the government of a county embroiled in the middle of a civil war would dare to take the entire month of August off.

That reinforces his statement that there is no sense of urgency.

“Trump is so right!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Sep 8, 2007
Young Thunda wrote:
He actually has very valid points. I find it hard to conceive that the government of a county embroiled in the middle of a civil war would dare to take the entire month of August off.
Well, ya' know, our own congress was "off" also and we have a hell of a lot more problems than Iraq. C'mon - his was just a junket, at our expense because he knows he will not get reelected.
And so what

Butler, PA

#5 Sep 9, 2007
Young Thunda wrote:
If you are talking civil war, how many people died on the streets of Los Angeles, Houston and Detroit in August?

“The Voice of Reason”

Since: Mar 07

www.legconsol.com

#6 Sep 10, 2007
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ya' know, our own congress was "off" also and we have a hell of a lot more problems than Iraq. C'mon - his was just a junket, at our expense because he knows he will not get reelected.
Actually, many of our problems are related to the Iraq situation. Considering that an occupation that currently costs this country $1 billion a week is currently being waged, a senator going to Iraq for a couple hundred thousand isn't making such a huge dent in our pockets.

And don't get me started on how the same politicians that claim we have "to make sacrifices in a time of war" have the nerve to take an entire month off. Dems and Repubs alike.

New rule. No vacation or breaks for ANY politicians, president on down, until the troops come home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP aims to grow majority in final Senate race,... (Dec '16) Dec '16 tomin cali 4
News America and Israel Share a Weird Political Path... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Cath League of Du... 54
News Weed the people (May '15) Oct '15 louisianATHEIST 2
News The Latest: Shooter started to leave with crowd... (Jul '15) Jul '15 goonsquad 18
News On Capitol Hill, one giant Obamacare fight (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cordwainer Trout 15
News Ryan set for collision course with Obama (Nov '14) Nov '14 Le Duped 4
News Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe (Jun '14) Jun '14 lolol 6
More from around the web