Obama to Congress: 'Time for bickerin...

Obama to Congress: 'Time for bickering is over'

There are 109 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Sep 10, 2009, titled Obama to Congress: 'Time for bickering is over'. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Shaking off a summer of setbacks, President Barack Obama summoned Congress to enact sweeping health care legislation Wednesday night, declaring the "time for bickering is over" and the moment has arrived to protect millions who have unreliable insurance or no coverage at all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Citizen

Lexington, KY

#110 Sep 12, 2009
The Way It Is wrote:
<quoted text>
Are YOU AGAINST school breakfast programs?
Instead of stating what I am against, I will state what I am FOR. I am FOR parents getting out of bed and feeding the children that God has given to their care. If for some reason such as job loss, they are unable to buy food, they need to let their friends, family, church know and any or all of those would be willing to help out until they get back on their feet. But if that person can still afford cell phone, cable tv,etc. they need to put feeding their family FIRST and foremost in their responsibilities!
Chico resident

Huntington Beach, CA

#112 Sep 12, 2009
Yeah, no more bickering or comments.

JUST TIME FOR THE REVOLUTION.

NoamChimpsky

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

#114 Sep 12, 2009
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of stating what I am against, I will state what I am FOR. I am FOR parents getting out of bed and feeding the children that God has given to their care. If for some reason such as job loss, they are unable to buy food, they need to let their friends, family, church know and any or all of those would be willing to help out until they get back on their feet. But if that person can still afford cell phone, cable tv,etc. they need to put feeding their family FIRST and foremost in their responsibilities!
Well aren't you special? We're all so impressed by your moral superiority. But in the real world the rest of us live in, not every parent has time in the morning to feed their kids. The bottom line is that many parents won't feed their kids breakfast, no matter how many self-righteous pricks like you there are telling them they should. So the dilemma is, let the kids sit in school on an empty stomach, which negatively affects their ability to learn, or feed them breakfast. Those of us who actually care about kids will always go with the latter.

NoamChimpsky

Anytown, USA

#115 Sep 12, 2009
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM.
That's probably because you're a selfish moron. All right-wing nuts only care about one person: themselves.

“Social Medium”

Since: Feb 08

Chico, CA

#116 Sep 12, 2009
Buster202 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're a moron.
Think what you like. You're a chickenshit pissant.

--Ax
Citizen

Lexington, KY

#117 Sep 12, 2009
NoamChimpsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aren't you special? We're all so impressed by your moral superiority. But in the real world the rest of us live in, not every parent has time in the morning to feed their kids. The bottom line is that many parents won't feed their kids breakfast, no matter how many self-righteous pricks like you there are telling them they should. So the dilemma is, let the kids sit in school on an empty stomach, which negatively affects their ability to learn, or feed them breakfast. Those of us who actually care about kids will always go with the latter.
Don't have time to feed their kids?! Won't feed their kids?! This generation has been taught to FEED on the government cow. When people HAD to be responsible for their own family, they were. It is past time for people to be taught responsibility for their own lives again.

It's like the farmer trying to catch wild pigs. Put the feed out, after a few days of feeding put up 1 side of fence, each day put up another until pigs are caged and don't realize how that happened. Same is happening in America. TIME TO FEED OURSELVES AND TEAR THE FENCE DOWN!

NoamChimpsky

Anytown, USA

#118 Sep 12, 2009
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't have time to feed their kids?! Won't feed their kids?! This generation has been taught to FEED on the government cow. When people HAD to be responsible for their own family, they were. It is past time for people to be taught responsibility for their own lives again.
It's like the farmer trying to catch wild pigs. Put the feed out, after a few days of feeding put up 1 side of fence, each day put up another until pigs are caged and don't realize how that happened. Same is happening in America. TIME TO FEED OURSELVES AND TEAR THE FENCE DOWN!
Yeah yeah yeah. Spare me the feigned moral outrage. Do you right-wing nuts even know what you mean when you spew nonsense like "this generation has been trained to feed on the government cow"? This is simply not true and is nothing more than a talking point. All throughout history, the older generation has looked down upon the younger generations. Nothing new there.

The reality is, we live in a society where, in most cases, both parents work full-time and simply don't have time in the morning to make breakfast. You act as though people are deadbeats who can't afford food for their kids, when it's really just a time-management issue.

The problem with idiots like you is that you have plenty to bitch and moan about, but you never have any solutions.
Max

Paradise, CA

#119 Sep 12, 2009
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Shorn of the lovely metaphor and you've said everyone without the financial means should be denied health care. And, when an absence of health care inevitably leads some to suffering and death, that's natural law at work: the strong and able survive while the sick and weak perish. You apparently agree with those who argue this is not a Christian country.
The Way It Is

Chico, CA

#120 Sep 13, 2009
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You make many ASSumptions. Must be good to live in such a simple, black and white world. You should let the otherr 4.5 Billion in on how it feels to be born on the right side of the fence.

I've been around; You?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP aims to grow majority in final Senate race,... (Dec '16) Dec '16 tomin cali 4
News America and Israel Share a Weird Political Path... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Cath League of Du... 54
News Weed the people (May '15) Oct '15 louisianATHEIST 2
News The Latest: Shooter started to leave with crowd... (Jul '15) Jul '15 goonsquad 18
News On Capitol Hill, one giant Obamacare fight (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cordwainer Trout 15
News Ryan set for collision course with Obama (Nov '14) Nov '14 Le Duped 4
News Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe (Jun '14) Jun '14 lolol 6
More from around the web