Obama to Congress: 'Time for bickering is over'

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

Shaking off a summer of setbacks, President Barack Obama summoned Congress to enact sweeping health care legislation Wednesday night, declaring the "time for bickering is over" and the moment has arrived to protect millions who have unreliable insurance or no coverage at all.
Comments
1 - 20 of 109 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2009
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Hello friend!”

Since: May 09

Mayberry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

It was a great speech and answered many of the crazy allegations made by talk radio, cable news and shifty politicians, but it sure seems a little late in coming.

It is great to dispel some of the lies from right, but I really think it shows bad leadership to let this thing get so far out of control. The President let people say there are going to be death panels for months and he waits until now to make a comment? It is obvious to me you go on the attack and point out the fact that all these pro life republicans are basically in favor of people dying before they have to.
Acid Reflux

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

Obama to Congress:'Time for bickering is over'

Obama the time for your lies is over.

Which Health Care bill are you not covering illegal aliens and which one you plan to cover them (the one you will approve later)?

Rep Wilson for President- punish any republicans who vote to punish Wilson for saying the truth on TV.

The King Obama has no clothes anymore- the media cannot hide his constant lies- say one thing do another.

See the vidoe of the lie here:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/...

Watch Biden and Pelosi get ready to run and hide when their power grab is exposed.
vet sixties era

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

I watched his speech I liked it but did anyone watch the witch Polosi and her reactions when Obama told both sides time to stop bickering I think she soiled herself. She was always on A POWER TRIP since she became the speaker. With what Obama was saying "time to do your job lady"
Gagirl56

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Acid Reflux wrote:
Which Health Care bill are you not covering illegal aliens and which one you plan to cover them (the one you will approve later)?
Rep Wilson for President- punish any republicans who vote to punish Wilson for saying the truth on TV.
The King Obama has no clothes anymore- the media cannot hide his constant lies- say one thing do another.
Watch Biden and Pelosi get ready to run and hide when their power grab is exposed.
Hey, Chico. I have reflux. Not really that bad. Just when you eat something like chili and it hit's your stomach and later comes back up on ya' in a sour, disgusting flavor but I eat it all the time. Sometimes throwing it up because it makes me sick. Luckily we, don't have Obama's new plan in place yet so I'm able to get my meds for whenever I need it and not even have to wait in line behind any illegals to do so.
damspam

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

I hope the intrepid ER will print the results of the post-speech poll. It showed big, double digit swings in favor of Health reform, and equally large downward swings on the negative aspects touted by Republicans. I found it at dailykos.com
Gagirl56

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

They try to "knock us out daily" but "AMERICA" is wide awake and on the job, watching every move Washington makes.
Joe Sixpack

Manteca, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Acid Reflux wrote:
What details of his outline do you dislike and why?(No need to make up scary stuff, that's over with)

And, what would your ideal plan be?

Since: Jun 09

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Last night Obama drove a stake through the heart of the public option.

The speech only repeated the lies.

The "death panel" section 1233 remains.

How we've managed to make it this far without government regulating death is beyond me.

Link to HR3200
http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/...

They are still creating a financial incentive for your doctor to have end of life discussions with you every five years (sounds reasonable)--- OR WHENEVER YOUR HEALTH STATUS CHANGES.

Who monitors this provision of the law?

This is important. This is the crux of the death panel argument. Who applies, enforces, and monitors this provision of the law?

Trust the Government
by Newt Gingrich

08/12/2009

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php...

----

The "you can keep your private insurance" section 411 remains.

The president is correct. There is no provision the requires you to sign up for the public option.

But what happens when its less expensive for your employer to pay the 8 percent tax than pay your insurance premiums?

Listen to what this small business owner says about section 411. Everything that's been said about it is true.

The president is being dishonest.

Glenn Beck Clips 09-07-09 Seg2- Government Should Listen to Small Business Concerns

Start at 6:30 -

&fe ature=related

Like I said - the president is being dishonest.

Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

------

The best part was near the end when the President said we will be able to pay most of the cost for government run health care by eliminating the waste in government run health care.????

Lets repeat that -

We will be able to pay most of the cost for government run health care by eliminating the waste in government run health care.????

Nancy Pelosi agrees -

"Roughly half of the cost of the health care reform bill is paid for by achieving significant efficiencies and savings in Medicare and Medicaid – in other words, reallocating U.S. taxpayer dollars already being spent on health care to achieving more efficiency, higher quality, and broader coverage."

http://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/reports...

Seniors - they plan on taking your medicare dollars and passing them out to the "vote for a living" crowd.

-----

This is not about health care reform. This is still about a government takeover of nearly 1/6th of the US economy and the power that goes with it.

When Rep. Joe Wilson burst out with "you lie" he was telling the truth.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Buster202 wrote:
The speech only repeated the lies.
BUSTER: The only one repeating lies is you and your associates.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

Charles Kasey Kitterman wrote:
It was a great speech and answered many of the crazy allegations made by talk radio, cable news and shifty politicians, but it sure seems a little late in coming.
It is great to dispel some of the lies from right, but I really think it shows bad leadership to let this thing get so far out of control. The President let people say there are going to be death panels for months and he waits until now to make a comment? It is obvious to me you go on the attack and point out the fact that all these pro life republicans are basically in favor of people dying before they have to.
CKK: Allowing the Republicans to lie about death panels for months helped expose the right wingers for the lying fools they are.

Those lies did not go undetected by the thinking members of our society.
LiarObama

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Obama is a liar. There will be no improvements to HR3200, dissent and opposing views on how it is written and what it does and does not define has been shut out. Not a single Republican has been invited to congressional health care discussions at the White House since April.

Language to exclude illegal aliens from participation in the government provided plan was refused.

There will be no common sense bipartisan effort. Even conservative and "Blue Dog" Democrats are bering shut out of the process.

Obama's statement "nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have" ss a bald faced lie. The Congressional Budget Office analyzed the health care bill written by House Democrats and said that by 2016 some 3 million people who now have employer-based care would lose it because their employers would decide to stop offering it thus forcing people into the government plan. Obama skirts the truth with the word "requirement" but lies about what will result from the bill's implementation.

Read more here:

http://wcco.com/politics/obama.health.care.2....
Laughing

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gramps, I notice you still bring not a damn thing to the table. Yet Buster diligently documents his positions and opinions. His links are very informative. You do nothing but mindlessly babble fear of that information, as if being informed of all aspects and potential effects of this bill were a bad thing. Evidently you think people are all like you, that they cannot read and think for themselves.

And what do you offer? Nothing except to blow hot gas. The fool is you, not the people you aim your juvenile attacks at.

I'll bet you haven't even read the CBO analysis of HR3200. Is that part of your fantasy "misinformation" campaign too so you refuse to read it?

I don't mind, keep your head buried in the sand and keep using the opposite end to formulate for you you risible creep. It provides a few low comedy chuckles at least.

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandpa, you need to stop watching MSNBC.

You need to learn to think for yourself.

Right now Tom Sullivan on KFBK is talking about section 411. He also says it will cause employers to drop coverage.

Is he lying?
Rick Clements

Stirling City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Buster202, if you knew what you were talking about; you'd be dangerous. Thank God you don't.

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Short version of Obama's speech:

“More will die if we do nothing”

“Deficit will grow, more families will go bankrupt, more businesses will close”

“System at a breaking point”

“We have seen scare tactics before”

“Social Medium”

Since: Feb 08

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

'Time for bickering is over'='I have enough moderate Republicans and Blue Dogs agreeing to vote for the bill if I back out the Public Option and throw the trial lawyers under the bus.'

I always thought the Public Option was a head fake. That's how sausage is made.

Stick a fork in it; it's done. Health care reform (Lite) will be signed by Xmas.

--Ax

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

This just in! Hillary is quitting her job as Secretary. A possible challenge to Obama in the primary 2010?
Obama's boat has a hole in it, maybe like the Titanic considering the recent poles.

It is not racist to oppose this Marxist!

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

I wrote whole as h-o-l-e, and it was blocked? Not that is just silly!
At Least

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

At least a slim majority of Americans are aware that Obama is a liar about HR3200. That 52% will rise and be even greater on polls covering congressional disapproval in the near future. We may duck this turkey yet. Of course, Republicans have already been shut out of the bill modification processes. And, ff course, any Republican who votes for this mess, unless there are some drastic changes made, will be committing political suicide. Let us hope that John McCain does just that!

What will kill HR3200 as it now exists will be conservative and Blue Dog Democrats who are up for office on the next cycle. The left wing of the Rat party always forgets that not every Democrat is a left wing radial Marxist lunatic. Some are actually intelligent and thoughtful.

So Republicans (who so far have been half-a--s--s--e--d following grass roots public opinion, not leading it) will have to turn on the heat and keep the fear of losing office uppermost in the minds of conservative and Blue Dog members of the Rat party.

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Rick Clements wrote:
Buster202, if you knew what you were talking about; you'd be dangerous. Thank God you don't.
Thats it?

What am I wrong about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charles Boustany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawmakers: IRS lost more emails in tea party probe Jun '14 lolol 6
McAllister lays low, hopes scandal passes Apr '14 Debbie 1
'Doc Fix' Puts Republicans in Election-Year Bind Mar '14 foster 10
Obama's IRS 'Confusion' (Feb '14) Feb '14 Cat74 132
Obamacare push accelerates as government shutdo... (Sep '13) Oct '13 bs alert 111
Immigration supporters fear they're losing camp... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Brenda besson 14
IRS scandal could alter rules (Jun '13) Jun '13 tha Professor 99

Search the Charles Boustany Forum:
•••