Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209998 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#88360 Apr 30, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Patterns throughout the cosmos are a motif to beauty and it doesn't matter what we think we see or don't see, but the fact is, purposeful design is what it is. We have historical accounts in the scriptures of our Creator showing PATTERNS...
The only patterns are the ones that you percieve they do not actually exist.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88361 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
Ahh! The Duke of Dude has proclaimed God as evil!
Ah, I see the point (as usual) goes way over your head. Lemme try and clear things up a little for your tiny creationist brain:

The Bible is wrong. Period. Always has been, always will be, and this has been known for centuries.

The character invented for the stories of the OT is a twisted evil f ck, very much like many other primitive god ideas of the time. This character is still worshipped by creationists today and the 21st century, and the call all its evil acts "good". Hence while some creationists are gullible enough to buy the rose-tinted version as preached in many churches because they don't know any better, there are others who are quite aware of their god's grumpiness and base their life on it. This leaves them with a moral conduct which is quite twisted to say the least.
bohart wrote:
the same God that doesn't exist!
There may or may not be an intelligent creator of the universe. Your problem however is that it's not scientifically verifiable. Therefore it is equally likely that the FSM exists, or Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog or we could all be living in the Matrix.
bohart wrote:
Ha,Ha,Ha. How dare the Lord God run the universe in a way contrary to the mammoth knowledge, wisdom and will of the Duke of sludge.
IF such a thing exists it could run the universe(s) in any way it sees fit. Despite this you fundies keep insisting it does what YOU say it should. I don't. I merely describe reality. Therefore God used evolution, or God is a liar. Or it doesn't exist. I'm cool with all three.
bohart wrote:
Strike ole Dude! release thy pus filled venom that your putrid bile's stench my reach the nostrils of the creator. Hold not back, sling thy verbal excrement toward heaven that you may defile the holy one and take your rightful place as the master of the universe
Again it's not "God" I have a problem with. It's fundies who insist their baseless opinions be pushed onto other people's kids and ruining public school education in the process.
bohart wrote:
a homosexual Skeletor, to rule in his place and administer true justice as deemed by natural selection and chance.The true judge of right and wrong.
Look, I know you want d ck. I'm not interested. But I'm not gonna stop you from going out and getting some. Just accept your gay obsession and go for it. Don't let the other fundies grind you down and stop you from taking part in gay pride parade.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#88363 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think committing genocide, rape, or murder makes someone evil. Yeah, you're sane.
Hey genocide is simply natural selection, rape is the stronger genes being passed on,and murder is the result of competition for rescources enabling the stronger species to survive.....

unless we are to believe in your made up bullshit morality that humans should somehow follow.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#88364 Apr 30, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genocide is simply natural selection, rape is the stronger genes being passed on,and murder is the result of competition for rescources enabling the stronger species to survive.....
unless we are to believe in your made up bullshit morality that humans should somehow follow.
ALL morality is made up. It's all arbitrary. So if their morality is BS then so is yours.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88365 Apr 30, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn;t saying that at all. just that we are unlikely to see speciation events (i.e. totally new species) in large complex mammals like man, tigers, etc. in that short a timespan.
Speciation in 6000 years has been seen in other, much smaller creatures, as well as in bacteria.
<quoted text>
That's a good question for your JESUS, isn't it -- Why have 99% of all the species that have ever lived on earth already gone extinct?
Well that explains it. Well at least after the second coming, I will be able to see if there is evolution, on the other hand 6000 years from now you people will not exist. We win.

Location hidden

#88366 Apr 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see the point (as usual) goes way over your head. Lemme try and clear things up a little for your tiny creationist brain:
The Bible is wrong. Period. Always has been, always will be, and this has been known for centuries.
The character invented for the stories of the OT is a twisted evil f ck, very much like many other primitive god ideas of the time. This character is still worshipped by creationists today and the 21st century, and the call all its evil acts "good". Hence while some creationists are gullible enough to buy the rose-tinted version as preached in many churches because they don't know any better, there are others who are quite aware of their god's grumpiness and base their life on it. This leaves them with a moral conduct which is quite twisted to say the least.
<quoted text>
There may or may not be an intelligent creator of the universe. Your problem however is that it's not scientifically verifiable. Therefore it is equally likely that the FSM exists, or Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog or we could all be living in the Matrix.
<quoted text>
IF such a thing exists it could run the universe(s) in any way it sees fit. Despite this you fundies keep insisting it does what YOU say it should. I don't. I merely describe reality. Therefore God used evolution, or God is a liar. Or it doesn't exist. I'm cool with all three.
<quoted text>
Again it's not "God" I have a problem with. It's fundies who insist their baseless opinions be pushed onto other people's kids and ruining public school education in the process.
<quoted text>
Look, I know you want d ck. I'm not interested. But I'm not gonna stop you from going out and getting some. Just accept your gay obsession and go for it. Don't let the other fundies grind you down and stop you from taking part in gay pride parade.
I guess you could have used a lot less words and just said you don't know what your are talking about and surly can't prove such a stupid opinion.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88367 Apr 30, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you could have used a lot less words and just said you don't know what your are talking about and surly can't prove such a stupid opinion.
How dare you BLASPHEME against the FSM! You are surly going to boil in the Marinara Sauce of Hell. FSM boiled for your sins!! May all be blessed by his/her noodley appendage!! rAmen!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#88368 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>There are no patterns or cycles in the big.. I mean really big picture. Everything is random chaos.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/storie...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
Spirals do not count as a pattern.. wait , what?
"Everything" is not random chaos.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_constan... ;

If it were, we would not exist to argue the point.

Location hidden

#88369 Apr 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL morality is made up. It's all arbitrary. So if their morality is BS then so is yours.
So murder is ok in some cases?

Location hidden

#88370 Apr 30, 2013
Don't bother answering, it was rhetorical. I already know under what circumstances you find it acceptable.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#88371 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Everything" is not random chaos.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_constan... ;
If it were, we would not exist to argue the point.
As far as you can tell...

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88372 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So murder is ok in some cases?
Yes, even your Bible says so. And I agree with it on this point.

Sometimes nations need to go to war against other nations. Sometimes the death penalty is a good thing, though it looks like we may finally not need it any more.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88373 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So murder is ok in some cases?
In the mind of the murderer obviously YES. Probably not in your mind or mine.

Morality is RELATIVE. Another way to say it is "It depends completely on the mind that is thinking those moral thoughts."

Location hidden

#88374 Apr 30, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
In the mind of the murderer obviously YES. Probably not in your mind or mine.
Morality is RELATIVE. Another way to say it is "It depends completely on the mind that is thinking those moral thoughts."
Every murderer knows when he murders that he is doing something wrong or else he would not try so hard to justify/excuse it, or hide evidence and lie about it. Murder is universally wrong. Your "relative" is just another way to pardon an ego's selfish desires.

Location hidden

#88375 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>As far as you can tell...
My powers of perception are immense.

Cotton candy is my secret.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88376 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Every murderer knows when he murders that he is doing something wrong or else he would not try so hard to justify/excuse it, or hide evidence and lie about it. Murder is universally wrong. Your "relative" is just another way to pardon an ego's selfish desires.
No, war is justified murder. State execution is justified murder.

Do you think that the people hit by drone strikes do not think of their attackers as muderers?

War is justified murder, if your side wins all is forgiven. If your side loses there may be a big price to pay.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88377 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Every murderer knows when he murders that he is doing something wrong or else he would not try so hard to justify/excuse it, or hide evidence and lie about it. Murder is universally wrong. Your "relative" is just another way to pardon an ego's selfish desires.
Nonsense. You project your own Christian BS on other people and assume they must look at it like you do.

The world is full of murderers (by our standards) and even NATIONS that murder as a matter of policy. Obviously not every9one thinks murder is wrong.

Location hidden

#88378 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, even your Bible says so. And I agree with it on this point.
Sometimes nations need to go to war against other nations. Sometimes the death penalty is a good thing, though it looks like we may finally not need it any more.
Nice spin. You will have to show me where it states that in the Bible. It does however state just the opposite. Thou Shall Not Do Murder.

Location hidden

#88379 Apr 30, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. You project your own Christian BS on other people and assume they must look at it like you do.
The world is full of murderers (by our standards) and even NATIONS that murder as a matter of policy. Obviously not every9one thinks murder is wrong.
There is no need to get upset and have a tantrum, we are not trying to force you to believe anything, however you are trying to instill in us not to believe. Funny little poster.

Location hidden

#88380 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Don't bother answering, it was rhetorical. I already know under what circumstances you find it acceptable.
They have to be young and defenseless, but the death penalty for murderers in prison is cruel and unusual punishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Jindal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cruz, Huckabee Go Head-to-Head for Evangelical ... (Jul '15) Sep 19 maher almoraisi 8
News Princeton honors memory of 'Mind' mathematician... Aug 31 Actual Science 1
News Building utilities to hold up better against hu... (Nov '08) Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 3
News New calls for Mitch McConnell to resign (Sep '15) Aug '16 Leo Dicaprio jr 6
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... (Jul '15) Aug '16 Ryans VP campaign... 701
News 'Duck Dynasty' Star Ditches Bobby Jindal For Do... (Sep '15) Jul '16 Death on 2 Legs 10
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge (Aug '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 513
More from around the web