Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59910 Nov 21, 2012
Russell wrote:
Now children remember, nothing, when left to itself turns into everything. This is how everything 'evolved' isn't it?? Oh don't forget, hydrogen, when left long enough turns into people. If you believe that you have great faith. Evolution is a religious faith - a substitute for Christianity. There is not one shred of evidence for evolution. Just lots of blind faith. Science has always supported what the Bible says about our origins, and other things. Gasp, stretch.. Has anything jumped out of the blender? Remember?? We did an experiment to see if life would jump out of a soup made up of amino acids, enzymes, proteins etc. All right I'll not keep you in suspense any longer. The answer is.... no! Life will not jump out of the chemical soup. Sorry for the disappointment. Life can only come from life:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now which smartypants can tell me the reference for this bible verse??
Thanks for the great post.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59911 Nov 21, 2012
The real evidence plainly suggest that patterned systems adapt to sustain life and reproduce it, and cycles of life sustain. Evolution claimed that linear simple to more complex random events cause it, but now it is unclear what rabbit they will pull out of their hats in the face of new findings.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#59912 Nov 21, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Darwinist Evolutionist would have you believe we are nothing more than apes or some of them would have you think you are related to a pig. The Bible tells us different and Jesus said that you are of great value to our Creator. People have been misrepresenting science and making it a religion which changes often when it comes to Darwinism and the Evolution vs Creation debate. Let God be true in your life and believe Jesus and he will lead you the right way.

This is just your ignorance talking.

Science does not put itself up against religion. It is the fearful religionists who do this.

Evolution is a simple biological fact. If you cannot reconcile that with your religious beliefs then that is your failing, not the failing of either science or God.

You just try to spread your fear and stir up the seeds of delusion in the faithful who have no issues with science. This is the work of Satan that you are doing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59913 Nov 21, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears all that anyone wants to talk about here is languages.
I have said many times here that TOE is a philosophy, as you are more or less suggesting.
TOE is based on the philosophical assumption that all life arose without the hand of God. From here theist evolutionists throw in their slant.
Hence, it does not matter if we are 99% the same as a chimp or 99% different, it does not matter if all our dna is functional or 98% is junk. It does not matter if one single finding can over turn the current thinking of the day, because evolutionists come from the standpoint that evolution must be true and they will interpret any data from an evolutionary base.
Evolutionists have made many claims that have been refuted.
I, personally don't really care how God created. What I believe is that to conclude that if a deity exists their ability is determined by what mankind understands at present is the height of arrogance. After all, we are refering to a life form we know nothing about.
Evolutionists made huge claims in relation to junk DNA being evidence that God could not have created. Their claim was that 98% of the genome had no function in non coding dna. Now it appears that evolutionary scientists have found 80% of DNA to be functional.
A long standing creationist prediction is that all dna will be found to be functional. DNA does not have to be vital, it simply needs to be functional in some way.
The same goes for vestigial organs. This was another great evolutionary claim. Having organs that were left over from 'evolutionary change' that had absolutely no function was great evidence for TOE. However, with further research this is not what scientists have found. What they have found is that many organs proposed as being vestigial do in fact have function. The appendix is an example. The so called legs on whales have become not only a part but a vital part of the reproductive system etc.
Again, creationists can predict that if mankind was created there would be no organ that was simply left over from evolution that had no function. Evolutionist claims are being slowly erroded so much so that the definition of vestigial was redefined to suggest an organ that had changed its function.
The claims around junk dna and vestegial organs are an example of evolutionists continually making claims and predictions that are from a philosophical base. When their claims or predictions do not materialize they simply change them with the wave of a hand.
What has stood the test of time, unlike the changing face of evolutionary theory, is that these two creationist predictions have remained stable. Not only have they remained stable, they also are being supported more by research as time goes by.

Didn't I run you off of this thread?

Maybe it was the other one.

I refuted your lies and you ran away. Nothing you say has a shread of truth to it as I proved.

Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59914 Nov 21, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible has not been shown to be wrong many times at all. It is only cretins that want to mine quote and think they know it all that just such a thing.
In fact the majority of the claims against the bible have been shown to be outdated.
People laughed at the bibles suggestion that the moon was created after the earth. That was up until these bright ones found evidence that indeed the moon was created after the earth.
Then there was all the woffle about how can plants live without sunlight. Of course it has been found that plants do not need sunlight and any source of energy can support life, including the light and energy produced at the creation.
The bible spoke to a universal beginning before modern science. Genesis was the first to speak of what may be found in the fossil record beginning with earth, plants, animals then mankind. In fact the only two kinds that are out of order are birds and whales and the nested hierarchoes of these are a mess.
I can present research, from evo researchers BTW, that have found bird footprints dated to 212mya and more than halfway back to the devonian
I can present research, from evo researchers, that date a recent basilosaurus to 49mya and predates Indohyus.
Many biblical structures not accepted have been found. Parts of the NT have been found dated to the 1st century AD refuting a heck of a lot of the woffle the intelligencia and all their ramblings previously put forth.
Homology is not more than pick a box of triats that suit. For over 150 years the bones in human wrists 'proved' mankind evolved from a knuckle walker. This was refuted on the back of one single fossil find in Ardi.
The same goes for dna comparisons.
Some organism had to be closer to man than another. Terms like deletions of huge chunks of genomic material, insertions, recombinations, multiplications, gentic and morphological homoplasy, convergent evolution etc etc, are all terms that speak to the vast differences between human and chimp dna. More recently it has been found that the expression differs by a whopping 80%.
The simple fact that bothers creationists is that evos are evotards when they suggest that TOE is supported by more than hand waving.

Is there anything here that I have not refuted? Once something is refuted and you continue to say it you are no longer just wrong, you are then a liar, too.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59915 Nov 21, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the great post.

Who but a minister of Satan would encourage people to lie?

You encourage people to lie out of love for the master liar.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59916 Nov 21, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe the oldest language may be Hebrew and it was once known as the language of Canaan. One of the oldest writings in Hebrew is in that language and it is on the Moabite Stone. Babylon and the Assyrian empire played a great part in the history of ancient Hebrew.

This is wrong. Hebrew is not the oldest language. Egyptian is 2,000 years older than Hebrew and even it is not the oldest language.

You love to spread lies that you make up with the help of your master.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59917 Nov 21, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The real evidence plainly suggest that patterned systems adapt to sustain life and reproduce it, and cycles of life sustain. Evolution claimed that linear simple to more complex random events cause it, but now it is unclear what rabbit they will pull out of their hats in the face of new findings.

Crack induced gibberish.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59918 Nov 21, 2012
Russell wrote:
Now children remember, nothing, when left to itself turns into everything. This is how everything 'evolved' isn't it?? Oh don't forget, hydrogen, when left long enough turns into people. If you believe that you have great faith. Evolution is a religious faith - a substitute for Christianity. There is not one shred of evidence for evolution. Just lots of blind faith. Science has always supported what the Bible says about our origins, and other things. Gasp, stretch.. Has anything jumped out of the blender? Remember?? We did an experiment to see if life would jump out of a soup made up of amino acids, enzymes, proteins etc. All right I'll not keep you in suspense any longer. The answer is.... no! Life will not jump out of the chemical soup. Sorry for the disappointment. Life can only come from life:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now which smartypants can tell me the reference for this bible verse??
\

John 8:44

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#59919 Nov 21, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible has not been shown to be wrong many times at all. It is only cretins that want to mine quote and think they know it all that just such a thing.
In fact the majority of the claims against the bible have been shown to be outdated.
Wrong Maz, the Christians believe that they have refuted the claims, but they do so by changing the translation. The Hebrews had a word for a sphere or a ball, they even used it in the Bible. Whenever the Earth was described they used the word for a flat circle. That indicates they thought the world was flat, not round. There are countless other errors too. For example there are failed prophecies, prophecies that were "fulfilled" after the fact (Christ's virgin birth for example, and that was due to a mistake in translation by the Greek writers of the New Testament), self contradiction. If the Bible was a "perfect" book it would have so many errors in it, whether they seem to be errors or if they are real.

The Bible is just a bunch of fairy tales told by goat herders. There are no great lessons there, the morality is horrendous, and it is rife with errors.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#59920 Nov 21, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
People laughed at the bibles suggestion that the moon was created after the earth. That was up until these bright ones found evidence that indeed the moon was created after the earth.
Then there was all the woffle about how can plants live without sunlight. Of course it has been found that plants do not need sunlight and any source of energy can support life, including the light and energy produced at the creation.
The bible spoke to a universal beginning before modern science. Genesis was the first to speak of what may be found in the fossil record beginning with earth, plants, animals then mankind. In fact the only two kinds that are out of order are birds and whales and the nested hierarchoes of these are a mess.
I can present research, from evo researchers BTW, that have found bird footprints dated to 212mya and more than halfway back to the devonian
I can present research, from evo researchers, that date a recent basilosaurus to 49mya and predates Indohyus.
Many biblical structures not accepted have been found. Parts of the NT have been found dated to the 1st century AD refuting a heck of a lot of the woffle the intelligencia and all their ramblings previously put forth.
Homology is not more than pick a box of triats that suit. For over 150 years the bones in human wrists 'proved' mankind evolved from a knuckle walker. This was refuted on the back of one single fossil find in Ardi.
The same goes for dna comparisons.
Some organism had to be closer to man than another. Terms like deletions of huge chunks of genomic material, insertions, recombinations, multiplications, gentic and morphological homoplasy, convergent evolution etc etc, are all terms that speak to the vast differences between human and chimp dna. More recently it has been found that the expression differs by a whopping 80%.
The simple fact that bothers creationists is that evos are evotards when they suggest that TOE is supported by more than hand waving.
You're right. A book written by angry, fearful goat herders is a better authority than modern science. Now stop arguing about it, go enjoy your book, and let the rest of the world get on without you dumbasses. The only "debate" between science and religion is the one you make up in your head; intelligent, non biased people have dismissed your nonsense decades ago.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#59921 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. A book written by angry, fearful goat herders is a better authority than modern science. Now stop arguing about it, go enjoy your book, and let the rest of the world get on without you dumbasses. The only "debate" between science and religion is the one you make up in your head; intelligent, non biased people have dismissed your nonsense decades ago.
Being offensive and full of cursing is a far better choice than 'angry' and 'fearful'...if you will.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#59922 Nov 21, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I can not believe that our Creator wanted Adam and Eve to disobey him and eat something that would eventually kill them and bring death into the world. I believe God knew from the moment they choose to disregard his word and believe a lie, that he would have to send Jesus to go to the cross to redeem mankind. Jesus is the fulfillment of the way to the tree of life and whoever takes of it can live forever in the kingdom of Heaven. We inherit the penalties of suffering and death from Adam but we can inherit life evelasting through Jesus. We can not do everything our fleshly bodies desire for us, because to do so will lead us away from God and the commands of Jesus to repent and turn fom all manner of sin. Sin and this world will seperate us from God if we put too much hope in it. If we turn from wrongdoings, then Jesus can forgive us and accept us and come into our hearts and give us a new life where we have great hope in him and not this fleshly body or this world, but the New Heaven and the New Earth that God has promised for our inheritance if we believe and follow King Jesus.
Original Sin.

A malady that only the church can diagnose and cure.

Pretty convenient for the church to maintain their prophets/profits.

Nehwon

#59923 Nov 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You ... I don't doubt it.
I prefer liver.:P
Let's hope your food supply isn't along these lines:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59924 Nov 21, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just your ignorance talking.
Science does not put itself up against religion. It is the fearful religionists who do this.
Evolution is a simple biological fact. If you cannot reconcile that with your religious beliefs then that is your failing, not the failing of either science or God.
You just try to spread your fear and stir up the seeds of delusion in the faithful who have no issues with science. This is the work of Satan that you are doing.
Freakshow...science supports scriptures. If there is doubt...then faith must preside.

Nehwon

#59925 Nov 21, 2012
Jujubean said:
"What day did God create the Dinosaur ? "
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Tuesday.
Around Tea time.

And once the tea was consumed, god said "What's all this, then!" and sent a large meteorite to fix the dinosaur problem. Kind of like setting a roach motel to get rid of an infestation so his scientific experiment could yield useful results.

Nehwon

#59926 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God created Lucifer just like God created humans.
But Lucifer due to his pride, became rebellious, and was casted down to the earth, from there, he became satan.
So God, in Its omnibenevolence, allowed evil to flourish.

All evil is now good because god can only be good. And all of creation is from god and, therefore, is good. Even Lucifer in all his evil.

Therefore, all sinners are good in their sins as god already knows their sins and is good in his divine plan.

It's only your judgement, as if you were representative of god, that you can declare evil as not evil.

So who is more deserving of hell? You, who claims to speak for god, or a mass murderer who was created to do evil with god's knowledge?

Nehwon

#59927 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God created all living beings, to be independent of their self. These independence, led Lucifer( later satan) to rebel against God.
This is also similar to human. A child can kill his or her own parents, due to rebellion.
And yet, god allows that to happen.

In order to be all good, these things that you point out as anti-god, has to be good according to the divine plan of god.

You need to resolve the "Problem with Evil" with your interpretation of the Bible.

This should give you a start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Nehwon

#59928 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This generation can really not tell the past, more than the people that lived in that era.
Science is man made, just like computer. Seen is believing, though people do exaggerate, but we are not there unlike them.
Ahh, the argument from uncertainty. You weren't there to see it, so how can you know the truth?

Do you apply the same standard to your Biblical accounts?

You assume the Bible is pure because it's the word of god because it says so.

I'm guessing that the caretakers of the bible had a vested monetary/power interest means nothing to you.

Just like the tobacco industry "scientific" findings that smoking is good for you would be completely acceptable.

Nehwon

#59929 Nov 21, 2012
You originally said: "One thing we must learn from the bible, is that, we should not attach much importance one particular person."

And I replied "Like Jesus?"
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Did Jesus rebel?
I did not ask if Jesus rebelled.

My question was whether "we should not attach too much importance to one particular person" in the bible like Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Jindal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 3 hr woodtick57 373
Ebola in the US: Predictably, a political issue... Oct 16 Delbert 38
Ex-megachurch worker gets 55 years for sex crimes (Dec '12) Oct 15 Swedenforever 2
Fight or flee? GOP grappling with gay marriage Oct 11 Todd 17
Rand Paul: President Obama 'acts like he's a king' Oct 3 barefoot2626 145
Former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards: Yester... Sep 26 hang them rats 2
Republicans Rally Behind 'Religious Liberty' Sep 26 Le Duped 1

Bobby Jindal People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE