Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199277 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#52982 Oct 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. the plug's pulled and I'm turning off the drip.
Lol.
Just an error.

Location hidden

#52983 Oct 15, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we were thinking that the English owned it.
:-/
Ofcourse they owned it.
It was an error on my part. Sorry.

Location hidden

#52984 Oct 15, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
???
In English please.
English, which every one knows as a language, is under the faculty of Arts.

Location hidden

#52985 Oct 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Math is needed to express amounts, so what?
Why is Mathematics compulsory at basic or " o" level?
Before one can become an engineer or any scientist and social scientist, he or she needs Mathematics, why?

Location hidden

#52986 Oct 15, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you do not make your living as a academic, teaching students.
If you are as ill prepared in mathematics or whatever your discipline is, as you are in the understanding and use of logic and the use of english to get your point across, you are ill prepared for your position.
Are you insulting your self?
I am a teacher and love doing the job. Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Management sciences and Computer studies are some of my favourites. Boy, what do you do for a living?
christ

Monticello, IN

#52987 Oct 15, 2012
the fact that we don't know is just sick and wrong..
christ

Monticello, IN

#52988 Oct 15, 2012
if evolution was real don't that mean you come back to life in a more evolved form every time??
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52989 Oct 15, 2012
All Of The Intellectual Bloviators Continue To Set Up Believers Of God, With A Straw Man. God Cannot Be Defined Or Explain Through Scientific Methods, Yet That What The Bloviators Insist You Do For Them.

Scientific Method Is Not The End All Authority On Anything, And Lacks The Capability To Understand Many Things.

In Reality, It Is Jealousy, That Empowers Them, They Cannot Come To Grips With The Fact That They Were Not Sent A Personal Invitation To The Event, And Will Demean And Insult Those Who Seem To Have Been.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52990 Oct 15, 2012
And, By The Way, Wiki Is Known For Ommiting Certain Facts To Promote A Bias Agenda.

Look It Up
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52991 Oct 15, 2012
Same With Talk Origins
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52992 Oct 15, 2012
Have A Nice Day, Going To Support The Entitlement Group.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#52993 Oct 16, 2012
Creation and evolution, let's keep the order straight. One causes the other.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#52994 Oct 16, 2012
Hi, guys...

Everett, WA

#52995 Oct 16, 2012
christ wrote:
if evolution was real don't that mean you come back to life in a more evolved form every time??
Evolution is real and no, evolution has nothing to do with reincarnation which is very probably false. There is as much evidence for the existence of reincarnation as there is for Jesus being "the savior", practically none.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#52996 Oct 16, 2012
51,008th post. 20 points!

Everett, WA

#52997 Oct 16, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Same With Talk Origins
Prove it. This is a very simple task. No one on your side has managed to come even close to debunking Talk Origins in any way.

Everett, WA

#52998 Oct 16, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Creation and evolution, let's keep the order straight. One causes the other.
Then you still have it backwards. The evolution of man led to the myth of creation.
OLD HAPPY

Lubbock, TX

#52999 Oct 16, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said "let there be light"??? Oh and who created the being that said let there be light? Oh and etc etc etc..
Our Creator is a Spirit and in the beginning he moved upon the face of the deep and water was first created, then his voice said Let there be light and there was light. This is The beginning of all things and how it happened, we do not read of any other creator or any other beginning. We read that God is like a father and he so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son to give us everlasting life and this is the purpose for our being here now, to choose this day who we will serve and where we will spend eternity. There is a place that is prepared for the spirit of sin which is the devil and his angels and it is a bottomless pit where the fire is never quenched. God is not willing that anyone should perish and go to that awfull place and depart from him; and every person will be judged from what is in their heart and if they have rejected the truth that is in the word of God and chose the lie of the devil. Believe in Jesus and you shall be saved.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#53000 Oct 16, 2012
OLD HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>Our Creator is a Spirit and in the beginning he moved upon the face of the deep and water was first created, then his voice said Let there be light and there was light. This is The beginning of all things and how it happened, we do not read of any other creator or any other beginning. We read that God is like a father and he so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son to give us everlasting life and this is the purpose for our being here now, to choose this day who we will serve and where we will spend eternity. There is a place that is prepared for the spirit of sin which is the devil and his angels and it is a bottomless pit where the fire is never quenched. God is not willing that anyone should perish and go to that awfull place and depart from him; and every person will be judged from what is in their heart and if they have rejected the truth that is in the word of God and chose the lie of the devil. Believe in Jesus and you shall be saved.
Silly.

We can read of hundreds, if not thousands, of other Creators and other beginnings.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#53001 Oct 16, 2012
wolverine wrote:
All Of The Intellectual Bloviators Continue To Set Up Believers Of God, With A Straw Man. God Cannot Be Defined Or Explain Through Scientific Methods, Yet That What The Bloviators Insist You Do For Them.
Scientific Method Is Not The End All Authority On Anything, And Lacks The Capability To Understand Many Things.
In Reality, It Is Jealousy, That Empowers Them, They Cannot Come To Grips With The Fact That They Were Not Sent A Personal Invitation To The Event, And Will Demean And Insult Those Who Seem To Have Been.
See, this is where the hypocrisy begins.

1. How do you explain "God"? Certainly not with empirical evidence. Certainly not through a common shared private experience experience among believers.

2. Assuming that there IS some private event, why shouldn't people be indignant? For no conceivable reason, your "God" is rejecting those who engage in rational behavior in favor of those who trust in "voices in their head" delusions. Many people consider that a sign of mental instability or pathological lying.

Now I'll be the first to place a very real value in the dreams. But you have to be hard wired to play them back in context. Once again, this is a personal theory so I can't provide evidence any more than you can. Nomadic peoples from pre-urban times are far better suited to digest complex problems in their sleep. Urban, socially evolved people are far more interested in instant gratification and really have no awareness as to what is internal and what is a path laid out by external elements.

What can you say to convince me that you're not being duped by the shaman or the mass-media or the government in an ugly big-brother world of aristocrats, propaganda/policy wonks, and corporations in a perpetual state of blind ambition?

The key here is "the message". With all of the different religions out there, why should I consider your faith any better than the one they're selling over at Joe's Diner? This is where I really am not going to feel the slightest guilt at your accusations. What do Christians offer me? I believe it goes something like: "If you work hard for the boss man, keep your mouth shut and raise a large family of minimum wage workers without whining, and give a lot of your money to the shaman, when you DIE, YOU will go to HEAVEN!"

You just can't see how silly that sounds! Obviously, being part of the herd is FAR more important to you than it is to us. So be it. But in this forum, you're addressing us non-believers. We define respect quite differently than you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Jindal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black students disproportionately suspended in ... (Sep '15) Sat gritz 74
News Jeff Sadow: Public should not let Edwards fool it Jun 24 julikemp 1
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge (Aug '15) Jun 3 Happy Old Geezer 512
News Ted Cruz: Excluding Muslims from presidency is ... (Sep '15) Jun 1 Green Billionaire 15
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... (Jul '15) May 29 Swedenforever 698
News GOP Debate: Carly Fiorina Says She's "Hillary C... (Oct '15) May '16 Three Days 90
News Republicans pander to anti-Muslim bigotry (Sep '15) May '16 Three Days 44
More from around the web