Newborn almost didn't get new heart

Newborn almost didn't get new heart

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 29, 2008, titled Newborn almost didn't get new heart. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

St. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Braelyn Solares was born a sick little girl. The left side of her heart never developed and she needed a transplant or her odds of surviving were nil.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

anarky99

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 29, 2008
a little info about the donor would be nice
Change

Streamwood, IL

#2 Feb 29, 2008
With Universal Health Care all this would have been avoided since there would be no "designated' hospitals for treatment.

I'm glad they got their heart but it was only because they could pull some strings. How many other babies died because their parents didn't have connections ?
Naty

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Feb 29, 2008
Awesome article on Heart Transplant miracle for newborn twin. Hospital in St. Petersburg is great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Election Day Rituals: Movies, Meals and Mass (Nov '14) Nov '14 Le Jimbo 32
News Police remove Sheehan from Bush speech (Feb '06) Oct '14 Swedenforever 6
News Park Boulevard may become the latest memorial t... (Mar '14) May '14 broke 3
News A fight in Fla. for national bragging rights (Feb '14) May '14 Penny 14
News Republicans won the Florida special election. H... (Mar '14) Mar '14 about that 33
News Florida Election Tests Midterm Messaging (Mar '14) Mar '14 wild child 1
News Florida election a bellwether for fall U.S. mid... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Cat74 20
More from around the web