Arbiter backs teacher bonuses

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

A state arbitrator recommends that the Palm Beach County School District and teachers union end an impasse today by adopting a teacher bonus plan, thereby guaranteeing $9.9 million in state funds for the ...
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 28, 2007
AmEx

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2007

''Union President Theo Harris said teachers continue to oppose the bonus plan because it pits members of the same faculty against each other instead of working together.''

Mr. Harris, Union President, competition is a GOOD thing not a Bad thing. If faculty are not working together then some of them need to be fired. But your Union has made that outcome impossible so what we end up with is highly paid incompetence.
jenny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2007

AmEx wrote:
''Union President Theo Harris said teachers continue to oppose the bonus plan because it pits members of the same faculty against each other instead of working together.''
Mr. Harris, Union President, competition is a GOOD thing not a Bad thing. If faculty are not working together then some of them need to be fired. But your Union has made that outcome impossible so what we end up with is highly paid incompetence.
Just wondering where your data comes from about hightly paid incompetence?
Another thing, do you consider teacher pay to be high pay?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••