Army Surgeon General Steps Down

Full story: cbs4boston.com

The Army announced the retirement Monday of its surgeon general, Lt. Gen. Kevin C. Kiley, in the latest fallout from the controversy over outpatient care of wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Disgusted

Texarkana, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Good!

Time to clean house of Rummy Generals!

The First General the Former Sec of Army fired got a rotten deal.

Thank goodness Gates was not fooled!

He did the right thing ----fires the Sec of the Army who fired him---then his replacement FIRE KILEY-----the right thing to do!

To bad GATES can not fire Cheney/Bush!!!
CourtMarshall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

He should be court marshalled along with a few others. Rumsfeld included.(is that possible?) They prettied up this story on General Kiley.

Republican Bill Young and his wife Joyce (sp) had to quit going to see the soldiers because after repeated PLEAS to Kiley he refused to help.

One time Mrs Young found a soldier embarrassed not wanting her to see him. Why, why was this very wounded soldier refusing a kind visitor? He was unable to get up and attend to himself. IAP had not hired staff, the wounded soldier was soaked in his own urine. Mrs Young ran to Kileys office, to no avail.

In the Senate hearing, Young testified on the third day,'I repeatedly took concerns to officials". He and his wife found wounded soldiers that did not have adequate clothing. One soldier was wearing his bloody boots to rehab. Another soldier had a very serious brain injury. He fell out of bed, hit his head three times UNTIL someone was assigned to ensure that did not happen again.

Kiley at the hearing said he was unaware of any specific problems with Bldg 18. He told them it was not his job to inspect barracks. One official inquired after Kiley made that statement. Q "Then who did you assign to inspect build 18? He had no answer.

Lose the pension and some jail time. Any other public facility would no doubt have 'cases' brought against such criminal neglect!

NO RETIREMENT...JUSTICE
CourtMarshall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

Let us not forget Retired Maj. Gen. Kenneth L. Farmer Jr, who commanded Walter Reed for TWO YEARS until last August. Maj Gen Farmer Jr, said

'he was aware of outpatient problems and there were "on going reviews and discussions"

Lets discuss his court date and pending loss of his pension. Should he need health care he can proceed to Building 18 and await, "on going reviews and discussions"!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••