Republican Democrat differences

Republican Democrat differences

There are 34 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from May 5, 2010, titled Republican Democrat differences. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

Recent letter writers responding to my letters seem to believe they are entitled to their own facts, as well as their own opinions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hmmm

Mesquite, TX

#3 May 6, 2010
pah leaze wrote:
anouncement to all, the republican is the one signing the checks, the guy working for a living, although he/she may not consider themselves democrats, they're not republicans. All the **** about guns gays and abortions are distractions. It's difficult for republicans to convince folks to vote in favor of rich white guyism, so they lay the rest of this nonsense on you, wake up.
The difference today is those of us middle class Republicans left home to make it on our own and don't need a parent anymore to help take care of us. And that does not matter whehter you are white, black, brown, blue, or purple. If so, why the record year for African Americans putting their hat in the ring to run as what? Republicans.

See, we feel that it is our job to take care of our family even after we leave home. Not expecting the government to cover mom and put her in a home at the cost of the taxpayers. Did mom do that for us growing up, most of us remember mom and dad taking care of grandpa and grandma.

The difference today is those of us middle class Republicans know there is always opportunity, and I would relish the opportunity to work for a rich man and pass that knowledge down to my family and work hard to get to a point that I am comfortable in life.

Obama said it himself. How much is enough? See, the problem is the Dems tell us we need to give up more. But what are they doing personally? Do you see Nancy on the airplane with you when flying between DC and SF? No, she has her own airplane that we are paying for. Do you see Al Gore living in a home off the grid like Bear? No, he just bought another multi-million dollar home on the coast to compliment his many other homes. And the 3K watt solar system on his primary house is not enough to power my measly 1500 sq foot home, much less HIS 10K sq foot home. Did Obama give his own family a step up when he made his millions before becoming President of the United States?

No, the Democratic Party is all about pointing fingers at other people. I didn't vote for Obama to come into office and spend money like he can just print more of it. I voted for him cause he said he would change Washington. I believed that. Because it didn't matter what he did or was doing, it was about what he was saying. Not voting that way anymore.

Bush didn't get up there and point fingers at Clinton for not taking Osama Bin Laden out when he had a chance, or placing blame where it really should be placed with Rumsfield and the hawks. He went in there with the approval of just about every single American who was glued to the TV during shock and awe coverage with Wolf Blitzer. But the decession was made, not just by him, it was made by congress who really had the same information he had. Did he blame them? No, he let them point fingers and say he lied. No, he made a huge mistake, but so did everyone else in DC, and every single one of us wanting payback. And when you make a mistake, you do what you can to correct it, not point fingers at everyone.

I don't want to hear about everyone pointing fingers at everyone else anymore. Democrats have full control to fix the problems. They used that control to only add to the problems.
Hmmm

Mesquite, TX

#5 May 6, 2010
Philip Murphy wrote:
I want to live in Randy's fantasy world where republicans AREN'T the people who are CONSTANTLY trying to give more tax breaks and fat, no-bid contracts to their filthy-rich friends, where they AREN'T the ones CONSTANTLY trying to deprive us of our rights as workers, consumers or just plain human beings.
In this fantasy world the republicans AREN'T the ones CONSTANTLY trying to make a fast buck off of wars and trashing the environment, and the republican party ISN'T a haven for bigots, racists and the most uninformed, ignorant and uneducated people in the nation.
Too bad for all of us this fantasy world doesn't exist and the republican party is a frightening sign of how far out of touch the population can get!
Ummm Phil, which party gets more money from the fat cats? Which party gets more money in donations from the companies they "say" they want to go after? We are played shell games. They take the money, beat their chest a little bit, but still do the same things the Rebublican's do, but just lie to us in the process. And for years we would say OK like a bunch of Lemmings. This November I think the Lemmings have broken order and will start voting with what they have done, and not what they say they will do. We can all do the math. Hide it any way you want, taxes went way up. And much of it this year has been passed to the states who actually have to balance their budgets. And things like taking over the Federal Student Loan Program has already got companies like Sallie Mae saying they will forgo the Fed and drop their rates, thus that income the government was expecting to help cover the health care will not show up, as Students will take the loan with the best rates, and that will not be the one backed by the Fed.

You of all people should be able to read between the lines and see both parties are doing the same thing, except the Democrats are telling us they have our back while doing something entirely different. And what are they doing personally to help you, Phill? Have you seen a single Democrat in office take millions of dollars out of his own pocket to give away?

Democrats are mad that the banks got a bailout. Wait, what about Freddie? Do you think Freddie and Fannie are going to pay back the 100 Billion they have sucked out of us? That is 100 Billion taken. Are you mad that the executive salaries are so high there? What about their practice that drove the banks into the sub prime market? Are you mad about that? Banks are all paying their money back with fees and intrest. Even AIG will be paying theirs back.

Why Phil? Why is it there is always a double standard? People love to organize, get all emotional and BLAME someone else for why they are were they are. It is HIS fault. Maybe if you stop and think about it that is a HUGE reason we have high costs for things like Insurance.

People love to get together and point fingers. Sad, it usually takes an act of God to bring people together to start actually helping and working together. But soon sides come back out.

Really Phil, I want to live in Lowell's fantasy world wher all animals are equal, but guess what. Humans are not built that way. There will always be two classes no matter how you slice it. Keep slicing it to the left, then we will only shed more of the middle off and add it to the bottom.

And guess what Phill. Countries are already making new laws to keep the American immigrant at bay, and others are making it more attractive to those with money.
Philip Murphy

Redway, CA

#6 May 6, 2010
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm Phil, which party gets more money from the fat cats? Which party gets more money in donations from the companies they "say" they want to go after? We are played shell games. They take the money, beat their chest a little bit, but still do the same things the Rebublican's do, but just lie to us in the process. And for years we would say OK like a bunch of Lemmings. This November I think the Lemmings have broken order and will start voting with what they have done, and not what they say they will do. We can all do the math. Hide it any way you want, taxes went way up. And much of it this year has been passed to the states who actually have to balance their budgets. And things like taking over the Federal Student Loan Program has already got companies like Sallie Mae saying they will forgo the Fed and drop their rates, thus that income the government was expecting to help cover the health care will not show up, as Students will take the loan with the best rates, and that will not be the one backed by the Fed.
You of all people should be able to read between the lines and see both parties are doing the same thing, except the Democrats are telling us they have our back while doing something entirely different. And what are they doing personally to help you, Phill? Have you seen a single Democrat in office take millions of dollars out of his own pocket to give away?
Democrats are mad that the banks got a bailout. Wait, what about Freddie? Do you think Freddie and Fannie are going to pay back the 100 Billion they have sucked out of us? That is 100 Billion taken. Are you mad that the executive salaries are so high there? What about their practice that drove the banks into the sub prime market? Are you mad about that? Banks are all paying their money back with fees and intrest. Even AIG will be paying theirs back.
Why Phil? Why is it there is always a double standard? People love to organize, get all emotional and BLAME someone else for why they are were they are. It is HIS fault. Maybe if you stop and think about it that is a HUGE reason we have high costs for things like Insurance.
People love to get together and point fingers. Sad, it usually takes an act of God to bring people together to start actually helping and working together. But soon sides come back out.
Really Phil, I want to live in Lowell's fantasy world wher all animals are equal, but guess what. Humans are not built that way. There will always be two classes no matter how you slice it. Keep slicing it to the left, then we will only shed more of the middle off and add it to the bottom.
And guess what Phill. Countries are already making new laws to keep the American immigrant at bay, and others are making it more attractive to those with money.
the dems suck too, the repubs just suck slightly harder and are more accomplished sell-outs, but the dems ARE trying to catch-up!
new guy

Pembroke, NC

#7 May 6, 2010
its simple really. democrats are pansie sell outs and republicans are ###hole sellouts that cover there tracks better.
Also an American

Auburn, CA

#8 May 6, 2010
If you didn't know it, republicans make up half of the population of our country. And if I am not mistaken, statistically, Republicans are more informed, have higher IQ's, more educated, and earn more money than Democrates. As far as giving fat-no bid contracts to their filthy rich friends, isn't that the game that Nancy Pelosi plays. I didn't realize that tax breaks were a bad thing.
Philip Murphy wrote:
I want to live in Randy's fantasy world where republicans AREN'T the people who are CONSTANTLY trying to give more tax breaks and fat, no-bid contracts to their filthy-rich friends, where they AREN'T the ones CONSTANTLY trying to deprive us of our rights as workers, consumers or just plain human beings.
In this fantasy world the republicans AREN'T the ones CONSTANTLY trying to make a fast buck off of wars and trashing the environment, and the republican party ISN'T a haven for bigots, racists and the most uninformed, ignorant and uneducated people in the nation.
Too bad for all of us this fantasy world doesn't exist and the republican party is a frightening sign of how far out of touch the population can get!
Hmmm

Mesquite, TX

#10 May 6, 2010
Philip Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
the dems suck too, the repubs just suck slightly harder and are more accomplished sell-outs, but the dems ARE trying to catch-up!
But now that we are seeing what major corporations are donating campain money to, do you still believe that Phil? How can someone tell me that Acme Bank is the problem in America, then give them a pass b/c they were one of the biggest campaign contributers. I think the left is doing much more of the do as I say not as I do as the right is. But you are correct, which side is anyone on confuses all of us. I used to think Liberman was a statesman until he sold out to the majority to keep his standing.

“The enemy is in our camp.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 May 6, 2010
Philip Murphy wrote:
Rich people will always be rich. They make businesses to make more money. Those businesses employ people like me and you. Start to tax the crap out of them and watch the business fold. They can wait it out. remember, they are rich. A person with 20 or 30 million dollars in the bank can stay home until they die and simply live off the interest. It's no sweat off their...stuff. Get smart, vote for people who will make the economy grow, not the government. We need less government and more small businesses. That is unless you are rich. Personally I could last maybe a year before sleeping in the street. How about you?
Not much

Barnesville, OH

#13 May 6, 2010
difference, except the democRAT party has been hijacked by Communists. The "progressive" Republicans are commies as well. Time to show them ALL the door...

Location hidden

#14 May 6, 2010
Not much wrote:
difference, except the democRAT party has been hijacked by Communists. The "progressive" Republicans are commies as well. Time to show them ALL the door...
Very true, but exactly who does that leave?
Donna Christopher

Clearlake, CA

#15 May 6, 2010
It leaves those of us who think public financed campaigns will make us the masters of the Capitol Hill. But I doubt the status-quo will go quietly;)
Hmmm

Mesquite, TX

#16 May 6, 2010
Lowell Grant wrote:
WOW! This is great stuff! Fortunately, republicans are nowhere CLOSE to being half of the population, I don't think all animals are created equal or that the Dems are without fault! As long as obscene amounts of money are available from corporations, politicians will gladly take it. We need to get the money out of the system, allow THE PEOPLE to actually be represented instead of lobbyists working against them. It's all about the bucks, which for republicans NEVER stop with them!
BP donated huge bucks to Obama, next thing you know, he's getting behind offshore drilling too. HE was certainly the lesser of two weavils as they say, but the first politician or either party who refuses to take ANY money from corporate donors or their lobbyists and refuses to allow them in his office for private lobbying sessions will become an instant hero to all AMERICANS. Heck, would most likely run unoppossed and have no need to take money anyway!
Depends what you call a Republican. I was a Democrat all my life until this past year. Now, I believe I side with the Republican's as they are closer to what my party used to be. Both parties shifted left. I don't want to be left, I want to be in the middle, and even the Republican party is left of that.
Drink The Hive

Orlando, FL

#18 May 6, 2010
Is No Difference At All Son,They All Belong 2 The Gordon Brown British Empire Finance'.

Precaution-Ur Money Is Under Arrest.
Philip Murphy

Sacramento, CA

#19 May 6, 2010
Also an American wrote:
If you didn't know it, republicans make up half of the population of our country. And if I am not mistaken, statistically, Republicans are more informed, have higher IQ's, more educated, and earn more money than Democrates. As far as giving fat-no bid contracts to their filthy rich friends, isn't that the game that Nancy Pelosi plays. I didn't realize that tax breaks were a bad thing.
<quoted text>
repubs are about 30% nation wide registraion-wise, and yes, you are mistaken about the rest as liberals have a better command of basic facts about current events and government because they have historicaly been better educated. Also, tax breaks are a bad thing if the middle class is stuck with taking up the slack-which is always the case when corporations call in their investments, er, I mean contributions. Both parties suck, the repubs have more practice and do a better job suking, but the dems ARE trying! if you're a repubican or democrat you're a sap, but if you're a GOP-er your a bigger sap!
Philip Murphy

Sacramento, CA

#20 May 6, 2010
A-Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich people will always be rich. They make businesses to make more money. Those businesses employ people like me and you. Start to tax the **** out of them and watch the business fold. They can wait it out. remember, they are rich. A person with 20 or 30 million dollars in the bank can stay home until they die and simply live off the interest. It's no sweat off their...stuff. Get smart, vote for people who will make the economy grow, not the government. We need less government and more small businesses. That is unless you are rich. Personally I could last maybe a year before sleeping in the street. How about you?
the repubs waste money by giving it to the rich for things we don't need, the dems waste money trying to help people too lazy or stupid to help themselves, neither get anything useful done. If we are serious about waste then let's stop pretending the DOD is a sacred cow instead of a bunch of parasites trying to fatten their bank accounts while leaving the nation broke and poorly defended.
James Campbell

San Mateo, CA

#21 May 7, 2010
The only actual discernible difference between a democrat and a republican is one starts with a "d" and one does not.
Neither know the meaning of the truth therefore don't know how to tell it. Neither know how to balance a checkbook. Both are only interested in staying in office for either power or money. Neither have a clue what goes on in this country or give a damn what the people who voted for them (and actually pay taxes) want them to do. Both DO think their smarter than everybody else.
Vote them all out of office .

Location hidden

#22 May 7, 2010
Philip Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
the repubs waste money by giving it to the rich for things we don't need, the dems waste money trying to help people too lazy or stupid to help themselves, neither get anything useful done. If we are serious about waste then let's stop pretending the DOD is a sacred cow instead of a bunch of parasites trying to fatten their bank accounts while leaving the nation broke and poorly defended.
The DOD has its hands tied by the administration...not that they can't do anything to defend us, but that Obama doesn't care.
blinders are off

AOL

#24 May 7, 2010
Hummmm you are the best!
Thank you so much for taking your time to blog, everything you say is interesting and well spoken. I'm always interested in what you have to say, not many people empress me, you most certainly do.
My entry into this discussion is "Those in power dance with those who brought them" They intend to do the right thing but once in office there debt must be paid.
Hmmm

Mesquite, TX

#25 May 7, 2010
Lowell Grant wrote:
WOW! This is great stuff! Fortunately, republicans are nowhere CLOSE to being half of the population, I don't think all animals are created equal or that the Dems are without fault! As long as obscene amounts of money are available from corporations, politicians will gladly take it. We need to get the money out of the system, allow THE PEOPLE to actually be represented instead of lobbyists working against them. It's all about the bucks, which for republicans NEVER stop with them!
BP donated huge bucks to Obama, next thing you know, he's getting behind offshore drilling too. HE was certainly the lesser of two weavils as they say, but the first politician or either party who refuses to take ANY money from corporate donors or their lobbyists and refuses to allow them in his office for private lobbying sessions will become an instant hero to all AMERICANS. Heck, would most likely run unoppossed and have no need to take money anyway!
There will ALWAYS be at least two classes of people, Lowell. Rich and poor. So, I would rather sit in the middle ridding the coat-tails of the rich than sitting in a shack wondering where my next meal is going to come from.

You know as well as I do, tip the scales too much left or right, and those of us in the middle, well, we and are starting to fall to the bottom.

Tell me Lowell, were the best times financially for you a result of the government, or a result of all of us working?

Hmmm

Mesquite, TX

#26 May 7, 2010
Lowell Grant wrote:
Voting them ALL out means we have no one serving? Nice solution!!!! Now back to Earth....nature abhors a vacuum. We abandon the government millions died for,**** on their sacrifice and who takes over? The Chinese or the Russians? The Brazilians? Fact is we have a 2 party system, both parties deeply flawed by corporate money. One party totally in the corporate pocket, they donít even pretend not to work for the corporations, the other party torn between what it knows it right and what it needs to do compete (taking the corporate $, even though its only 1/3 what the other guys get). Take the money out; put the PEOPLE back in charge. We need a Constitutional amendment that simply state..."No one other than a citizen, registered to vote, may contribute to any political campaign. No lobbyists representing any industry may meet in private with any elected representative of the PEOPLE. No corporation may produce any advertisement of any kind without identifying itself clearly, using its own name, for less than 10% of said advertisement."
This would eliminate all the phony "paid for by taxpayers for..." or "paid for by the balanced clean energy initiative" when it's really Exxon/chevron/BP/Massey energy coal industry $.
Why? If the majority in the House and Senate were Freshman's don't you believe the process would be more transparent as the majority would not say you are dead unless you stick with me and learn the ropes of Washington prostitution?
Oh My

Miami, FL

#27 May 7, 2010
Philip Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu are a dolt... Nuff said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bennie Thompson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More lawmakers endorsing flag change Jul 27 Properganda 99
News Kelly building relationships in Washington Jul 18 Daily bull 2
News Funeral for B.B. King held in Mississippi Delta... Jul '15 The Stealth 2
News US Capitol's Confederate statues prompt renewed... Jun '15 Bama Yankee 1
News Hundreds gather for BB King funeral Jun '15 Halle Berry Sister 3
News Felon Using Expedited Airport Security Lane Ren... Apr '15 Republican 3
News Dr. Gridlock: TSA's Pre-Check program hits the ... Mar '15 Whip It Out 1
More from around the web