Secret Service officers placed on lea...

Secret Service officers placed on leave after party crash

There are 105 comments on the NY Daily News story from Dec 3, 2009, titled Secret Service officers placed on leave after party crash. In it, NY Daily News reports that:

Two Secret Service officers, not pictured, were placed on administrative leave in the wake of the party crashing scandal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NY Daily News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Memphis, TN

#1 Dec 3, 2009
Someone has to take the blame.
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#2 Dec 3, 2009
I guess Affirmative Action back in action, the person in the White House who was supposed to handle the arrangements did not......oh yeah she if black.

I feel for you secret service, scape goats again.

Since: Aug 08

United States

#3 Dec 3, 2009
I still want to hear the story about the White House Social secretary who supposedly invited the crashers to the dinner.

Since: Aug 08

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2009
"Rep. Peter King of New York, ranking Republican on the committee, accused the White House of "stonewalling" in not permitting Rogers to appear and said he favors subpoenaing Rogers as well."

Whenever I hear that the administration is "not permitting" one of its own to appear at a Congressional hearing, I shudder. Who's hiding what?

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

#5 Dec 3, 2009
Is there anyone BO's administration won't throw under the bus?

Gee, I sure hope they don't hold any grudges...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Memphis, TN

#6 Dec 3, 2009
Topazia wrote:
I still want to hear the story about the White House Social secretary who supposedly invited the crashers to the dinner.
Any one of these loons on Michelle's staff?

$1.6 Million Dollar WH Staff

... and that's just for Patient Dumping P-O-S Michelle Obama!

Paid for by the Taxpayer of course

The list reported by Lynn Sweet includes six other staffers who do not have "first lady" in their title but are a part of the first lady’s office staff, such as Desiree Rogers, special assistant to the president and White House social secretary, and Natalie Bookey, staff assistant.

We contacted Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary, to check the list’s accuracy. Lelyveld told us in an e-mail that the first lady’s current staff size is actually 24.

Congress ordered the annual disclosure, and since 1995 the White House has been required to report to Congress details of most of the West Wing payroll.

The highest paid is Chief of Staff Susan Sher, who gets the top $172,200.

Here are the rest:

$140,000
Frye, Jocelyn C.

$113,000
Rogers, Desiree G.

$102,000
Johnston, Camille Y.

Winter, Melissa E.

$90,000
Medina, David S.

$84,000
Lelyveld, Catherine M.

$75,000
Starkey, Frances M.

$70,000
Sanders, Trooper

$65,000
Burnough, Erinn J.

Reinstein, Joseph B.

$62,000
Goodman, Jennifer R.

$60,000
Fitts, Alan O.

Lewis, Dana M.(

$52,500
Mustaphi, Semonti M.(

$50,000
Jarvis, Kristen E.

$45,000
Lechtenberg, Tyler A.

$40,000
Boswell, Joseph J.

$36,000
Armbruster, Sally M.(

Bookey, Natalie

Jackson, Deilia A.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/07/06/what-...
John

Roswell, GA

#7 Dec 3, 2009
They were not on the list and the white house staff member who was supposed to be there to give the nod to someone if there was a question was not there. Sounds like the agents should not let them in but it also sounds like the staff was not doing their job.

Just like Obama to hold the agents accountable but to protect his staff.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Addison, TX

#8 Dec 3, 2009
John wrote:
They were not on the list and the white house staff member who was supposed to be there to give the nod to someone if there was a question was not there. Sounds like the agents should not let them in but it also sounds like the staff was not doing their job.
Just like Obama to hold the agents accountable but to protect his staff.
The friend of Obama Deseree Rogers who was supposed to be monitoring the entrance of the guests was sitting inside stuffing her face with food instead of doing her job.

But Obama is claiming executive privilage by refusing to let her testify before congress.
WasTHATOut Loud

Portland, OR

#9 Dec 3, 2009
" A CNN source with very close to the U.S. Secret Service confirmed to me today that threats on the life of the president of the United States have now risen by as much as 400 percent since his inauguration, 400 percent death threats against Barack Obama — quote —“in this environment” go far beyond anything the Secret Service has seen with any other president."
http://pubrecord.org/multimedia/4273/during-s...

Considering this not only should the Secret Service involved be suspended, but a full investigation should ensue. This is unacceptable.
JOD

East Berlin, CT

#10 Dec 3, 2009
Topazia wrote:
It wasn't the White House Social Secretary, Desiree Rogers, but IT WAS Michele S Jones, SPECIAL assistant to DEFENSE Secretary, Robert Gates, who was EMAILING and cell phone CALLING this party- crashing couple.

The party-crashing couple indicated that their names WERE on the list in their email exchange with Michele Jones.

Here's the email exchange between the party-crashers and the Pentagon's Special Assistant to the Defense Secretary.

http://citizensagainstproobamamediabias.wordp...

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...

This is an article on the Screw-up Social Secretary, Desiree "Look at Me" Rogers who failed to have staff at the gate. The previous person who had that role of verifying the guest list, Cathy Hargraves, was "demoted" to data entry and she eventually quit. Rogers never placed someone at the gate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

And the current headlines are now saying....no FORMAL invitation.

What screw ups around the Obamas. Leave the friends back in Chicago and let the pros handle the White House. But the Obamas don't trust any white people.
Slammer

South Bend, IN

#11 Dec 3, 2009
Who really wants to guard the POS that's in the White House ?
Slammer

South Bend, IN

#12 Dec 3, 2009
Well I see where this is going,it a RACE thing for sure.
JOD

East Berlin, CT

#13 Dec 3, 2009
WasTHATOut Loud wrote:
" A CNN source with very close to the U.S. Secret Service confirmed to me today that threats on the life of the president of the United States have now risen by as much as 400 percent since his inauguration, 400 percent death threats against Barack Obama — quote —“in this environment” go far beyond anything the Secret Service has seen with any other president."
http://pubrecord.org/multimedia/4273/during-s...
Considering this not only should the Secret Service involved be suspended, but a full investigation should ensue. This is unacceptable.
No wonder CNN is going down the tubes..here's the Secret Service Head, Mark Sullivan's testimony at TODAY'S hearing regarding threats on President Obama

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1259856381720...

"In response to a question from Del. Eleanor Holmnes Norton (D., D.C.), he said Mr. Obama had NOT had an extraordinary number of threats against his life, contrary to her assertion, and said that Mr. Obama had received NO MORE SUCH THREATS at this point in his term THAN HIS TWO PREDECESSORS."
WasTHATOut Loud

Portland, OR

#14 Dec 3, 2009
JOD wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder CNN is going down the tubes..here's the Secret Service Head, Mark Sullivan's testimony at TODAY'S hearing regarding threats on President Obama
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1259856381720...
"In response to a question from Del. Eleanor Holmnes Norton (D., D.C.), he said Mr. Obama had NOT had an extraordinary number of threats against his life, contrary to her assertion, and said that Mr. Obama had received NO MORE SUCH THREATS at this point in his term THAN HIS TWO PREDECESSORS."
"Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service "
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...

"Racism, Security Threats Issues for Obama"
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story...

"Racist Attacks on Obama Growing More Heated"
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2008/02/20/raci...

I am betting the Secret Service is doing a little CYA.
Examples of hate, racism, threats, etc. against Obama are prevalent in ALL forms of media and demonstations.

I mean, Bush didn't have gun men carrying loaded semi automatic weapons attending his rallies now did he??????

Since: May 08

Marrero, Louisiana

#15 Dec 3, 2009
Probably all that crack smoke from the guests effecting the security detail.
now you just pucker up

Englewood, CO

#16 Dec 3, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The friend of Obama Deseree Rogers who was supposed to be monitoring the entrance of the guests was sitting inside stuffing her face with food instead of doing her job.
But Obama is claiming executive privilage by refusing to let her testify before congress.
No, actually, SS could have called for a staffer to come to the gate if they had any questions. Even without a staffer there, they should have refused admission to them if their names were not on the list. If you and your spouse are invited, and one of your children takes their place, they will not be admitted.SS judgment over rules even the staff. They are the final word on the presidents safety, not the staff. They just clear up misunderstandings.
Read some of the con that they have pulled over on folks in pursuit of the bravo show. They are a good looking, confident, con couple who had an air of money to them. Only to find out that they are as poor as church mice. I imagine that they went up to the youngest guy on post and demanded to be admitted. With his first name, they guy may have recognized the name as famous and not realized that he was associating it with Tariq Aziz who was with Saddam. Not one email said to come. they said

Since: May 08

Marrero, Louisiana

#17 Dec 3, 2009
I mean, Bush didn't have gun men carrying loaded semi automatic weapons attending his rallies now did he??????

That's because we didn't consider Bush a threat!
Kollaborator Kwops

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#18 Dec 3, 2009
Slammer wrote:
Who really wants to guard the POS that's in the White House ?
There is no shortage of paid collaborators and informants in Uhmerikwa. Those who serve the government betray the people. Who always wins in the end? And what becomes of the collaborators?

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Addison, TX

#19 Dec 3, 2009
now you just pucker up wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually, SS could have called for a staffer to come to the gate if they had any questions. Even without a staffer there, they should have refused admission to them if their names were not on the list. If you and your spouse are invited, and one of your children takes their place, they will not be admitted.SS judgment over rules even the staff. They are the final word on the presidents safety, not the staff. They just clear up misunderstandings.
Read some of the con that they have pulled over on folks in pursuit of the bravo show. They are a good looking, confident, con couple who had an air of money to them. Only to find out that they are as poor as church mice. I imagine that they went up to the youngest guy on post and demanded to be admitted. With his first name, they guy may have recognized the name as famous and not realized that he was associating it with Tariq Aziz who was with Saddam. Not one email said to come. they said
Desiree Rogers was responsible for the guest list.

If she had been doing her job there would have been no question that the couple was gate crashing.

I agree that the SS should not have let them in.

But the blame does not stop there.

The fact that Obama is stonewalling congress by not allowing Rogers to testify tells me they have something hide.

“Proud to be an American”

Since: Oct 09

Clarksville TN

#20 Dec 3, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says she was supposed to be monitoring the entrance of the guests? She was an invited guest at the dinner by the way. Obama is not claiming anything and is not refusing to let her testify.
READ THE ARTICLE. You seem to have troubles comprehending.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bennie Thompson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ole Miss removes Mississippi flag with Confeder... (Oct '15) Sep 19 southern at heart 192
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... Sep 12 Michel Montvert 45
News Mississippi congressman's staffer faces tax eva... Aug '16 He Named Me Black... 1
News Protesters want to nix Confederate sign on Miss... Jun '16 davy 2
News Republicans defend display of Confederate image... Jun '16 WeTheSheeple 42
News Confederate flag removed from U.S. Capitol tunnel Apr '16 Sheryl 1
News House overwhelmingly approves bill restricting ... (Dec '15) Jan '16 private guy 37
More from around the web