Flight school security loopholes found

Flight school security loopholes found

There are 19 comments on the WLUK-TV Green Bay story from Jul 19, 2012, titled Flight school security loopholes found. In it, WLUK-TV Green Bay reports that:

U.S. citizens who are on the government's list of people banned from flying because they're considered terror threats are not prevented from learning how to fly in schools around the country, according to government regulations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLUK-TV Green Bay.

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 19, 2012
Dumb, dumber, dumbest. Do a job, do it right or don't do it.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#2 Jul 19, 2012
I guess they fell under the radar eh?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#3 Jul 19, 2012
On a wing and a prayer -- one that start and ends with alloo awkbar.
Rosella Bjornson

Dallas, TX

#4 Jul 19, 2012
Flight schools typically train for small single engine aircraft. Not exactly a WMD.

South Bend, IN

#5 Jul 19, 2012
Rosella Bjornson wrote:
Flight schools typically train for small single engine aircraft. Not exactly a WMD.
Unless it's a small single engine aircraft packed with 500lbs of semtex and ball bearings.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 19, 2012
What? If this loophole continues to be unaddressed, I intend to start by firing my Congressman and my Senator! Fool us once, shame on them! Fool us twice, shame on us!
Outta Luck

Ames, IA

#7 Jul 19, 2012
The terrorists can never use an airliner again like 9/11.
No passenger flying in the free world will allow a plane to be taken over. It will never work again they changed the playing field.
WE should quit spending trillions on security, let some terrorist idiot try it again. WE THE PEOPLE will NEVER allow it to happen like that again.
that, I am certain of. TSA did not stop any attacks. Planes full of AMericans stopped the last attempts.
Rosella Bjornson

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 19, 2012
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it's a small single engine aircraft packed with 500lbs of semtex and ball bearings.
How about if it's a car packed with that? or a bicycle? or a backpack?
Why single out aviation?
Rosella Bjornson

Dallas, TX

#9 Jul 19, 2012
Outta Luck wrote:
WE THE PEOPLE will NEVER allow it to happen like that again.
That's why they haven't tried since 9/11. They're not afraid of the TSA, they're afraid of the passengers and pilots.

South Bend, IN

#10 Jul 19, 2012
Rosella Bjornson wrote:
<quoted text>How about if it's a car packed with that? or a bicycle? or a backpack?
Why single out aviation?
Uh, dunno. Maybe something like 'learning from past mistakes'?

But try driving a Ryder truck into the Holland tunnel and see how far you get. Then let us know about aviation being singled out.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#11 Jul 19, 2012
Most of these flight schools are run by guys who seldom shave or bathe...
Marie Marvingt

United States

#12 Jul 19, 2012
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, dunno. Maybe something like 'learning from past mistakes'?
What past mistakes?
Julio Ruiz de Alda Miquel

Dallas, TX

#13 Jul 20, 2012
400 people have died from bee stings since 9/11. What is being done about this?

South Bend, IN

#14 Jul 20, 2012
Julio Ruiz de Alda Miquel wrote:
400 people have died from bee stings since 9/11. What is being done about this?
Thousands of cell towers were installed to kill them off.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#15 Jul 20, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
What? If this loophole continues to be unaddressed, I intend to start by firing my Congressman and my Senator! Fool us once, shame on them! Fool us twice, shame on us!
"IF", this loophole continues to be unaddressed? It's been going on for decades, not just recently. Pick up a copy of Barry and the Boys and you will not believe what you read. Try following the history of Huffman Aviation out of Venice, FL. for starters. Ever wonder why Barry thought it best to change his name? Barry as Pres. and the NBP making another showing of itself......way too coincidental. Omama is not receiving funds like before because the Middle East is not happy with his productivity, shall we say. Read, Study, Learn then Think.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#16 Jul 20, 2012
Ever wonder where all these young, pretty blondes, American girls are disappearing to? I'm not sure but I think there may be one or two on here that know all this politics is tied into much, much more. This garbage people are talking about on these threads are shat! This is much deeper, more broadspread, and more deviant than most would believe.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#17 Jul 20, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
"IF", this loophole continues to be unaddressed? It's been going on for decades, not just recently. Pick up a copy of Barry and the Boys and you will not believe what you read. Try following the history of Huffman Aviation out of Venice, FL. for starters. Ever wonder why Barry thought it best to change his name? Barry as Pres. and the NBP making another showing of itself......way too coincidental. Omama is not receiving funds like before because the Middle East is not happy with his productivity, shall we say. Read, Study, Learn then Think.
Come back as a registered poster, gray box poster, and we'll chat. I generally don't talk to gray box posters. If not, you still have a good one!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#18 Jul 20, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Come back as a registered poster, gray box poster, and we'll chat. I generally don't talk to gray box posters. If not, you still have a good one!
Gray? It's purple on my screen. I never register at forums, it's not the smartest thing to do. JMO You have a good one as well. Oh yea, Daniel Hopsicker (I think) has done some great stuff on all this.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#19 Jul 20, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bennie Thompson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ole Miss removes Mississippi flag with Confeder... (Oct '15) May 21 Confederate Glory 178
News Army Corps faces questions about vetting border... Mar '18 Hostis Publicus 2
News FEMA's response to Hurricane Maria won't get in... Mar '18 Fundie Fatwass De... 1
News Ole Miss removes Mississippi flag with Confeder... (Oct '15) Mar '18 Southern Girl 4
News Black lawmakers continue King's fight for jobs,... Feb '18 Porch Honkey 1
News Civil rights veteran Rep. Lewis being honored i... Jan '18 The Stealth 2
News With Trump, some African Americans to skip Miss... Jan '18 Jerry 12