Medicare payments cut 21%

Feb 28, 2010 Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

Physicians in Mississippi and across the country beginning Monday will receive a 21-percent cut in payments for Medicare patients, the head of the state's medical group said.

Read more

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#1 Mar 1, 2010
LOL.

Here's one American physician who is doing his bit to worsen the physician shortage by retiring last summer twenty-five years ahead of his original plan, accelerating retirement from an anticipated age of eighty to fifty-five.

Who didn't see this coming?

Plus, they expected me to ante up forty grand for hardware and software to go to all electronic medical records in the next two years, or take an additional Medicare pay cut. At my expense. As if.

I especially liked the pussified response of the AMA and the American medical community:'oh my ... this could affect patient access to care.' Doctors still feel that they aren't allowed to express any concern about themselves, that all complaints have to be voiced as concerns about patients.

LOL. Pussies. That was the old deal: I'll give you my life, study forever, stay current, be available 24/7 and miss my kids growing up - in exchange for a certain amount of autonomy, respect and compensation.

All of that has been shit-canned. And many physicians still feel unilaterally bound by those terms. Paperwork and liability through the ceiling and all the rest through the floor.

Does anyone mind my being painfully frank here: F$CK THAT NOISE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bennie Thompson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dr. Gridlock: TSA's Pre-Check program hits the ... Mar 24 Whip It Out 1
News Felon Using Expedited Airport Security Lane Ren... Mar 21 sandy 1 2
News So far, Scalise silent on requests to explain s... Jan '15 Le Duped 3
News Effort to recognize Virginia tribe draws ire Dec '14 El oh El 20
News Dem on Islamic State: 'Violent Extremism Has No... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Rusty Tin Can 1
News Syria vote poses dilemma for black members of C... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Go Blue Forever 3
News Military ill prepared for homegrown threat (Dec '11) Aug '13 FACT 2
More from around the web