Syria vote poses dilemma for black me...

Syria vote poses dilemma for black members of Congress

There are 3 comments on the The Town Talk story from Sep 5, 2013, titled Syria vote poses dilemma for black members of Congress. In it, The Town Talk reports that:

The Congressional Black Caucus faces a dilemma: It has been one of President Obama's most reliable sources of support but also has been historically opposed to wars from Vietnam to Iraq.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Town Talk.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Sep 6, 2013
I voted for this President twice, and more than support him on this incident, plus we signed and had Congress ratify, the Chemical Weapons Ban Convention years ago....and killing Al Assad is enforcing that pledge.....
Carl

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Sep 7, 2013
NO issue- not the DEBT, nor ABORTION, not HEALTHCARE, or ANYTHING else has so united the American people as OPPOSITION to attacking Syria. This is a final test to find out if representative government is viable.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 8, 2013
Carl wrote:
NO issue- not the DEBT, nor ABORTION, not HEALTHCARE, or ANYTHING else has so united the American people as OPPOSITION to attacking Syria. This is a final test to find out if representative government is viable.
If that is truly the case, then we should save ourselves TRILLIONS and cut defense spending by 60-70%.....what's the point?....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bennie Thompson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 7 hr Michel Montvert 39
News Mississippi congressman's staffer faces tax eva... Aug 24 He Named Me Black... 1
News Ole Miss removes Mississippi flag with Confeder... (Oct '15) Aug 17 Mandingo jr 179
News Protesters want to nix Confederate sign on Miss... Jun '16 davy 2
News Republicans defend display of Confederate image... Jun '16 WeTheSheeple 42
News Confederate flag removed from U.S. Capitol tunnel Apr '16 Sheryl 1
News House overwhelmingly approves bill restricting ... (Dec '15) Jan '16 private guy 37
More from around the web