Gay Marriage And The Evolving Languag...

Gay Marriage And The Evolving Language Of Love

There are 9 comments on the New Hampshire Public Radio - story from Mar 30, 2013, titled Gay Marriage And The Evolving Language Of Love. In it, New Hampshire Public Radio - reports that:

English-language experts say how gay couples refer to themselves, and how others refer to same-sex couples, continues to evolve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Hampshire Public Radio -.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 30, 2013
NOT "husbands" not "wives".

SPOUSES!

Look up the etymologies of "husband" and "wife" and "spouse".

"Spouse" is FAR older and speaks directly to the non-Medieval relationships we have today.

Personally, I don't need or want to be "husbanded".

Chance

Grove City, PA

#2 Mar 30, 2013
More words become undefined.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Mar 30, 2013
snyper wrote:
SPOUSES!
Shouldn't that read 'SPICE'(the plural of 'spouse')

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#4 Mar 30, 2013
snyper wrote:
SPOUSES!
"Spouse" is FAR older and speaks directly to the non-Medieval relationships we have today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uHdvWel-fRgXX
Frankly, I don't mind being referred to as "WIFE" and neither does my "WIFE".......and it shouldn't matter how any couple wants to be addressed:-)

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Chance wrote:
More words become undefined.
How does that happen. The words husband, wife, and spouse are already widely used. They aren't going away.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Normally, I love words, and definitions, and learning how they developed and evolve.

Sadly, right now, the day before Easter, my little girl is teaching me the definition of a new word.

Can you say Norovirus, and use it in a sentence?

Sigh....
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Mar 30, 2013
Quest wrote:
Normally, I love words, and definitions, and learning how they developed and evolve.
Sadly, right now, the day before Easter, my little girl is teaching me the definition of a new word.
Can you say Norovirus, and use it in a sentence?
Sigh....
The doctor tightened my belly button and my a$$ fell off
I have Norovirus

Location hidden

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctor tightened my belly button and my a$$ fell off
I have Norovirus
LOL.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#9 Mar 30, 2013
snyper wrote:
SPOUSES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uHdvWel-fRgXX
I don't like disagreeing with you, Snyper, but I have both a husband and a spouse. Just depends on the moment in which I use either term. And I really LOVE using "husband" when talking to someone who opposes Marriage Equally. I just wait for the spinning of their head. "Spouse" in that situation does does not have the impact that "husband" does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barney Frank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 10 hr Fundies Mentally Nil 581
News The Mad Maxine Waters show; Update: a oeI wona ... (Aug '10) Jan 13 hal 4
News Oklahoma University Regent Kirk Humphreys Denie... Dec '17 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News GOP-run House poised to roll back post-2008 fin... (Jun '17) Jun '17 JCPete 2
News Our View: Clarity needed in immigration debate (Apr '17) Apr '17 tomin cali 5
Cheap Kitchens For Sale oldham (Jan '17) Jan '17 Anonymous 1
News Barney Frank speaking at launch of LGBT justice... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Wondering 28
More from around the web