US church says no to black couple

US church says no to black couple

There are 20 comments on the News24 story from Jul 29, 2012, titled US church says no to black couple. In it, News24 reports that:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Believer

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2012
How could any group be so mean to look at the skin color of that couple. Let's praise God that Jesus loves all of us and died so we should have everlasting life. That means all of us. Everyone regardless of how mean people are, or your race. Hopefully soon he will show those people who didn't agree to that beautiful couple being married there how to love one another. I sure hope so because Jesus said to love one another.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 29, 2012
Since when did Jesus become a bigot?

Looks like both the church AND the pastor needs to go back and reread the Bible.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3 Jul 29, 2012
jdaffron wrote:
Looks like both the church AND the pastor needs to go back and reread the Bible.
The pastor was on CNN this a.m. and danced around the issue by marrying the couple at another church due to some of the followers refusal to have blacks married in his church. The pastor had NO backbone, morals, ethics, etc.......... to stand up and tell those followers that it is wrong to discriminate and is a sin, but we all know the real GOD of his church IS MONEY.
Justice

Thomastown, MS

#4 Jul 29, 2012
For the life of me I cannot understand why Charles and Te'Andrea would want to get married at FBC Crystal Springs. Sure they were welcome to attend service and put $$$ in the plate....but don't dare expect to receive any sacraments. Here in the rural deep south of Mississippi the churches are segregated. Has anyone yet to notice this church location is where the high school reunion for multiple years took place? Get this....the reunion was only for students attending the public school up until 1969 when integration was forced. They didn't want any blacks attending the reunion. It worked.
Middle of the roader

Meridian, MS

#5 Jul 29, 2012
Justice wrote:
For the life of me I cannot understand why Charles and Te'Andrea would want to get married at FBC Crystal Springs. Sure they were welcome to attend service and put $$$ in the plate....but don't dare expect to receive any sacraments. Here in the rural deep south of Mississippi the churches are segregated. Has anyone yet to notice this church location is where the high school reunion for multiple years took place? Get this....the reunion was only for students attending the public school up until 1969 when integration was forced. They didn't want any blacks attending the reunion. It worked.
I don't know where you are from, but you don't know anything about Mississippi. I live in Crystal Springs MS, and I can assure you our Church is not segregated. We love and welcome anyone regardless of there race, religion or social standing or gender.Is there still segregation in the South? Yes, but no more that anywhere else in our country. The two most important things that God taught in the Bible is to love him and to love your neighbors. You my friend need to know the facts before you open your mouth.
Justice

Thomastown, MS

#6 Jul 31, 2012
Middle of the roader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you are from, but you don't know anything about Mississippi. I live in Crystal Springs MS, and I can assure you our Church is not segregated. We love and welcome anyone regardless of there race, religion or social standing or gender.Is there still segregation in the South? Yes, but no more that anywhere else in our country. The two most important things that God taught in the Bible is to love him and to love your neighbors. You my friend need to know the facts before you open your mouth.
Possibly you could explain why the recent class reunion for CSHS which was held in the ROC at FBC only included students up until 1969? Why did they pick that year? Could it have possibly been because CSHS went fully integrated in 1970?

So, tell me more about your Bible?
looking for a church home

Annapolis, MD

#7 Jul 31, 2012
It seems to me that the first baptist church has a problem in its congregation. I have been attending many churches this past year trying to find a church home. This incidents makes me wonder about the baptist church. I actually considered joining the baptist church. I am reconsidering. That so-called church should lose all of his fund from the southern baptist convention and the national baptist church. If not, then by your neutrality, then you condone the actions of that church. Actions speak louder than words.
Middle of the roader

Meridian, MS

#8 Jul 31, 2012
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly you could explain why the recent class reunion for CSHS which was held in the ROC at FBC only included students up until 1969? Why did they pick that year? Could it have possibly been because CSHS went fully integrated in 1970?
So, tell me more about your Bible?
What happened here in the south with segregation was very bad. Is there still prejudice here? Yes. But I have lived in Crystal Springs for 29 years and it has got better every year. The Church I attend here welcomes everyone, does not matter the race, religions, gender or anything else. God said to love thy neighbor as thy self and our church does. There is prejudice and hatred every where in our nation, but truly believing and living Gods word is the only way to make it better. It isn't my Bible it is everyone's. I will say a prayer for you and just maybe you will try reading it too....

HugeKielbasa

Since: Jun 12

Poughquag, NY

#9 Jul 31, 2012
It's their choice.

It would also be a choice for a Black church to not wed a White couple.

This country is setup for freedom like this.

Liberals don't like it because they want to go against the U.S constitution & try to control every little thing that hurts their feelings.

Which comes at the expense of freedom.
Justice

Thomastown, MS

#10 Aug 1, 2012
Middle of the roader wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened here in the south with segregation was very bad. Is there still prejudice here? Yes. But I have lived in Crystal Springs for 29 years and it has got better every year. The Church I attend here welcomes everyone, does not matter the race, religions, gender or anything else. God said to love thy neighbor as thy self and our church does. There is prejudice and hatred every where in our nation, but truly believing and living Gods word is the only way to make it better. It isn't my Bible it is everyone's. I will say a prayer for you and just maybe you will try reading it too....
Seven years of parochial school plus a year in seminary. Followed by two years trying to save lives in southeast Asia. I appreciate your prayers. Although there certainly are people in our small community that could use your prayer efforts more than myself. You should know that praying helps others as well as yourself. My favorite prayer is for guidance.

The word Christ is a synonym for Truth. Study your Hebrew translations. We need truth more than anything right now. If you harbor animosity towards a persons skin color or lifestyle.....it would be in your best interest to voice those opinions.

Just be honest.

I have a question....out to everyone reading. Which sin cannot be forgiven through prayer? Now we'll find out who REALLY reads their Bible.
Gump

Enterprise, AL

#11 Aug 1, 2012
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven years of parochial school plus a year in seminary. Followed by two years trying to save lives in southeast Asia. I appreciate your prayers. Although there certainly are people in our small community that could use your prayer efforts more than myself. You should know that praying helps others as well as yourself. My favorite prayer is for guidance.
The word Christ is a synonym for Truth. Study your Hebrew translations. We need truth more than anything right now. If you harbor animosity towards a persons skin color or lifestyle.....it would be in your best interest to voice those opinions.
Just be honest.
I have a question....out to everyone reading. Which sin cannot be forgiven through prayer? Now we'll find out who REALLY reads their Bible.
In reality, if you are a believer, there are 2 sins which cannot be forgiven by prayer.
Justice

Thomastown, MS

#12 Aug 1, 2012
Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality, if you are a believer, there are 2 sins which cannot be forgiven by prayer.
Good catch! You got me.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 1, 2012
jdaffron wrote:
Especially since thy've already read the KKK manual.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Aug 1, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
It's their choice.
It would also be a choice for a Black church to not wed a White couple.
This country is setup for freedom like this.
Liberals don't like it because they want to go against the U.S constitution & try to control every little thing that hurts their feelings.
Which comes at the expense of freedom.
Horseshit, you clueless windbag. These white racist cretins are wasting their time in church. If Hell exists, those pieces of human waste had better bring fire extinguishers.
Middle of the roader

Meridian, MS

#15 Aug 1, 2012
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Just be honest.
the two most important things the bible teaches us is to love God and to love our neighbor as ourselves. You can't do one without the other... There is only one unforgivable sin and the is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Some people say that not forgiving someone that sins against you is also an unforgivable sin..but I am not sure about that one..
Justice

Thomastown, MS

#16 Aug 2, 2012
It's in the book of Matthew. You must forgive in order to be forgiven.
Middle of the roader

Meridian, MS

#17 Aug 2, 2012
Justice wrote:
It's in the book of Matthew. You must forgive in order to be forgiven.
Thanks, that pretty well says it all....

Mat 6:14-15 (NIV) "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

HugeKielbasa

Since: Jun 12

Poughquag, NY

#18 Aug 2, 2012
Shouldn't this be the choice of the church?

Oh yeah I forgot we undermined individual freedom & state rights back in 1963 as a 100 year anniversary to Lincoln undermine individual freedom & state rights.
Middle of the roader

Meridian, MS

#19 Aug 2, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
Shouldn't this be the choice of the church?
Oh yeah I forgot we undermined individual freedom & state rights back in 1963 as a 100 year anniversary to Lincoln undermine individual freedom & state rights.
Not if you are a Christian...if you are not I guess it just wouldn't matter...
wondering

Saltillo, MS

#20 Aug 2, 2012
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Just be honest.
Not believing that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barney Frank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More gay people can now get legally married. Th... (Oct '14) 14 hr Jake 55
News Florida congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz ... 21 hr NoClinton 1
News Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thoug... (Feb '12) Sun Revenge of TKennedy 2
News Maxine Waters Won't Be Charged With Ethics Viol... (Sep '12) Sun Theodore Kennedy 14
News Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Jul 18 Hillary Voters Ma... 21
News Sanders vows to help Clinton fight Trump Jun '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Miami-Dade 'Focus Of The Political Universe' In... May '16 Julie Ann 1
More from around the web