Video: Cardinal Dolan on lawsuit over...

Video: Cardinal Dolan on lawsuit over contraception

There are 468 comments on the CBS News story from May 22, 2012, titled Video: Cardinal Dolan on lawsuit over contraception. In it, CBS News reports that:

New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, talks to Charlie Rose and Erica Hill about the lawsuit filed by 43 Catholic organizations over the Obama administratin requiring employers to include birth control coverage in their workers' health insurance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#44 May 22, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
harvey is an idiot. His parents are idiots too. Their family tree is a stick. Pity the fool.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.
Out With Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#45 May 22, 2012
He pissed off millions of people of all faiths when he announced he'd "evolved" after talking to those dumb brats of his, Malia SPRING BREAK Obama age 13 (Google Malia Obama Spring Break) and the younger future ho, Sasha and was in support of gay marriage.

Then, he pisses them off further with this Obamacare that most don't want for other reasons!

That entire Obamacare plan was done behind closed doors, in secret and is injurious to our health. It is a matter of life and death and Obama wants us to die. The whole thing is a lie!

All these people on welfare are the ones who should be practicing birth control and don't. Many of them are blacks who blindly supported Obama thinking he was going to be giving them free this and free that. Wake up and listen to how desperate your jive-talking lying, no-good president is. And start using birth control for your own good. Can't you see most of you have blown all the chances you've had? More people on welfare is not the answer.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#46 May 22, 2012
Out With Obama wrote:
The Catholic Church is against ARTIFICIAL means of contraception. They approve of natural methods of birth control such as ABSTINENCE and the RHYTHM method!
What I'd like to know is why all those Protestants, atheists, etc. who believe in artificial methods DON'T USE IT! If they did, there would not be all the unwanted pregnancies and welfare!
The lack of any logic among the Obama supporters is really astonishing. If he told you to jump in the lake you would!
No matter the topic, you liberals insist on fouling it with red herrings. The sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic Church is a totally seperate issue from this one.
The Church does not condone sexual abuse which has happened in other faiths and in the schools.
Abstinence as a method is only an option for the unmarried, and the rhythm method is a joke, not real contraception.

Now, I might agree with you that the sex scandal is indeed a separate issue, I would also point out that the Church did a great deal to cover it up while doing nothing to actually stop the abusing priests. Which basically means that for all intents, they were condoning it.

#47 May 22, 2012
Pflack wrote:
Cardinal Dolan neglects the fact that their schools, hospitals and other church owned entities are competing with private enterprise and their employees are not necessarily Catholics, not to mention they have tax exempt status.
Religion affiliations are a choice and thus those who wish are not being made to do anything against their will. Just because a particular public school teaches a course I may not agree with, it dose not allow me tax exemption because of it.
You don't have to agree with how your taxes are spent, but you still have to pay the piper.
Correct!
Out With Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#48 May 22, 2012
Michelle Obama is a blaspheming liar just like her husband. Google Michelle Obama hospital job and read how she sent poor people away to other hospitals and only the wealthy were allowed in at the hospital where she worked. She was given a huge, undeserved salary increase when Barack was elected Senator!

She eats thousand dollar 'hors d'oerves in Hawaii and wears $500.00 tennis shoes to a soup kitchen. She blabs that she treats herself first and is modeling that for those girls. Those girls are the most obnoxious kids ever to be in the White House imo. They dress in the skimpiest outfits most of the time and the parents seem to have pushed them to be much older than their years.

When he ran for election, there was lots of talk about those Amazon daughters and dating when they became old enough! He tried to make stars out of them and there was talk about them and Miley Cyrus. Then all the talk about sleepovers, etc. in the White House, the dog (that they pay no attention to), the swing, the school the brats would attend, their endless vacations, their "quotes" (NOT ONE FUNNY, CLEVER, CUTE OR SMART from what I've heard), and their opinions.

But these bad parents tried to hush up and remove articles about MALIA OBAMA'S SPRING BREAK to OAXACA, MEXICO along with 12 of her friends and 25 Secret Service Agents! How many millions did these brats steal from us? PAY US BACK OUR MONEY you thieves!
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#49 May 22, 2012
Raped alter boys don't get pregnant.
Out With Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#50 May 22, 2012
Does anyone other than myself think Malia Obama along with the sister, Sasha, the "mother" Michelle Obama and her mooching mother, Marion Robinson put their heads together and came up with that ridiculous cartoon "The Life of Julia?"

Notice how close the name Julia is to Malia. Just the first two letters are different and that whole cartoon reeks of something a dumb, arrogant self-entitled spoiled daughter of two radical racists would come up with. They probably all got together and thought of all the free stuff Julia would like to have. Then each blankety blank brat was rewarded with a $12,000.00 tax free gift from mommy and daddy.
America Is Not The Same

Overland Park, KS

#51 May 22, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Abstinence as a method is only an option for the unmarried, and the rhythm method is a joke, not real contraception.
Now, I might agree with you that the sex scandal is indeed a separate issue, I would also point out that the Church did a great deal to cover it up while doing nothing to actually stop the abusing priests. Which basically means that for all intents, they were condoning it.
My wife and I practice the Rhythm method. We have 3 kids All were planned 2 years apart by the Rhythm Method. So how is it a joke and how is it practice. The reason why it don't work is laziness
America Is Not The Same

Overland Park, KS

#52 May 22, 2012
davy wrote:
Raped alter boys don't get pregnant.
As teachers and other clergy There is sex abuse in all religion and now in educationand scouts GET A REAL
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#53 May 22, 2012
Are these Churches and Religious Universities going to default on their loans b/c the Bible forbids usury?

OR are they just cherry picking their christian beliefs?

#54 May 22, 2012
America Is Not The Same wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife and I practice the Rhythm method. We have 3 kids All were planned 2 years apart by the Rhythm Method. So how is it a joke and how is it practice. The reason why it don't work is laziness
You got lucky. It is a joke because it does not work consistently. Nothing to do with laziness, everything to do with accuracy of calculating the EXACT number of days since the end of the last menses. Some women are more regular, and they have a better chance of getting lucky and having the rhythm method work than women who are not regular.

No sane woman who wants to avoid pregnancy should ever consider the rhythm method as her sole means of contraception.

#55 May 22, 2012
America Is Not The Same wrote:
<quoted text>
As teachers and other clergy There is sex abuse in all religion and now in educationand scouts GET A REAL
The problem is that the Catholic Church systematically worked to hide the pervert priests and shame the victims into silence.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#56 May 22, 2012
....meanwhile, the Catholic church continues to hide and protect their pedophilic priests....
downhill246

Delray Beach, FL

#57 May 22, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
<quoted text>
If laws must be imposed I would rather government do it instead of a cult headed by a Hitler Youth member that covers up for pedophiles in its ranks and helped war criminals escape justice after WW2! As far as I'm concerned they can take their medieval beliefs and shove them!

Didn't the US government help nazi war criminals escape after WW2?

"There is a long history of conspiracy and complicity between the United States and Nazi Germany. This is evident at both Corporate America and Government actions.

The most extensive and prevalent operation was called Project Paperclip. The United States Government explicitly sought out Nazi scientists to bring over to the US to work on government projects though many also did work for private companies, but these were mainly defense department contractors anyway. Over 1600 scientists were brought in, but thousands more of intelligence officials, military men and other doctors were also contracted. The most famous being Werner Von Braun who ran NASA from its inception until 1980 and is the man, along with Arthur Rudolph, most responsible for putting Neil Armstrong on the moon that day in August 1969. Obviously these men were granted immunity and protected from the war crime tribunals after World War II ended. It was called Project Paperclip because as the OSS (Office of Secret Service-the precurser to the CIA) sifted through dossiers, a paperclip was attached to the men they wanted to find. This kept the list secret. The Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency (JIOA), then expunged all incriminating evidence of Nazism and war crimes to cover up the conspiracy.

Under Project Paperclip scientists were brought in to conduct experiments on humans, Including 7000 American soldiers eho were subjected to testing of biological and chemical weapons at Edgewood Arsenal in Maryland. Nazi doctors brought in under Project Paperclip performed the tests using documents of prior experiments from Auchwitz. Other experiments were also conducted. Hubertus Strughold, Otto Gauer, Hans Clamann, and Konrad Schaefer, along with many others on their staff were doctors who performed heinous human experiments at Dachau concentration camp.
http://home.earthlink.net/~popfactory/id2.htm...

As far as I'm concerned, you can take your anti-catholic bias and shove it right up yerbouti.
downhill246

Delray Beach, FL

#58 May 22, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
....meanwhile, the Catholic church continues to hide and protect their pedophilic priests....

It wasn't pedophilia ,it was homosexual ephebophilia — the attraction of adults to same-sex adolescents.
downhill246

Delray Beach, FL

#59 May 22, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the Catholic Church systematically worked to hide the pervert priests and shame the victims into silence.

As did many Christian denominations as well as the nation's public school system.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#60 May 22, 2012
The bible also condemns eating shellfish.

Is the Church going to sue Red Lobster?
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#61 May 22, 2012
The Cardinals will protect the sins of their priests to rape little boys and girls but not protect the sins of their people for using condoms and birth control.
Go figure!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#62 May 22, 2012
Out With Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be happy when there is no freedom of religion and we're all MUSLIMS or ATHEISTS?
No, I will be happy when we have complete RELIGIOUS FREEDOM --

LEGALIZE POLYGAMY NOW!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#63 May 22, 2012
Out With Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be happy when there is no freedom of religion and we're all MUSLIMS or ATHEISTS?
There's no difference between Muslims and Mormons. They both have extra (newer) Books, Prophets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barney Frank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MetLife lays out strategy in 'too big to fail' ... Aug 17 He Named Me Black... 3
News More gay people can now get legally married. Th... (Oct '14) Jul '16 Jake 55
News Florida congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz ... Jul '16 NoClinton 1
News Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thoug... (Feb '12) Jul '16 Revenge of TKennedy 2
News Maxine Waters Won't Be Charged With Ethics Viol... (Sep '12) Jul '16 Theodore Kennedy 14
News Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Jul '16 Hillary Voters Ma... 21
News Sanders vows to help Clinton fight Trump Jun '16 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web