Video: Cardinal Dolan on lawsuit over contraception

May 22, 2012 Full story: CBS News 468

New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, talks to Charlie Rose and Erica Hill about the lawsuit filed by 43 Catholic organizations over the Obama administratin requiring employers to include birth control coverage in their workers' health insurance.

Full Story
harvey

Columbus, OH

#22 May 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
For awhile there, you seemed so unreasonable, almost hurt my feelings on another thread.:)
Sorry, I must have misunderstood your, ah, NUANCED approach. My bad!:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#23 May 22, 2012
Jimmy P wrote:
<quoted text>
They are against contraception as an institution. They are not advocating making contraception illegal.
"Contraception as an institution?" I had no idea anyone looked at it THAT way.

LOL
The Chosen

United States

#24 May 22, 2012
Now, if you go into a jewish deli can you demand nonkosher food and get the DOJ to file suit because you can't get what you want?
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#25 May 22, 2012
The Chosen wrote:
Now, if you go into a jewish deli can you demand nonkosher food and get the DOJ to file suit because you can't get what you want?
While it's good, I didn't know nonkosher Gefilte fish had medicinal value covered by the new healthcare law, but on the positive side, just think, now you can get the fish to go packaged in an XL condom. Hope that helps!

In any case, the issue will be moot when we're all Mormons, unless coffee, tea, Coke, chocolate, and boos are part of the healthcare plan.
Jimmy P

New York, NY

#26 May 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
The ends justify the means. You'll never be Pope, but you might have a chance at Mormon Bishop! That's where our fight for religious freedom will take us, or maybe we'll go the Sharia route. Pick your poison! It's just a matter of speech. I think they're all equally good, but I'm a bit more partial to Mormonism. It's trendy! The important thing is that all Catholics agree that this is what the church should be doing with the money it collects. After all, contraception is used by most Catholics.
Please point out where I stated anything condoning the end justifying the means.
Jimmy P

New York, NY

#27 May 22, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
"Contraception as an institution?" I had no idea anyone looked at it THAT way.
LOL
Read the whole sentence. Never mind, I'll rephrase it for you. The Catholic church as an institution opposes contraception.
Catholic Girl

United States

#28 May 22, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are against birth control, then why don't we get rid of welfare and have the Catholic Church support all the welfare children that are costing we taxpayers a fortune?
Catholic churches, nuns, laypeople, parishoners do support the welfare. Where have you been? Who does soup kitchens, charities, built hospitals, among other things for the less fortunate. Catholics and other serious religions (lutherans, prostata..,episop, to name a few).
The only thing the infidels are worshiping is the almighty dollar. shame shame...

Back to subject, Cardinal Dolan is on the for front of this battle to keep what our forefathers fought for. FREEDOM...
Out With Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#29 May 22, 2012
The Catholic Church is against ARTIFICIAL means of contraception. They approve of natural methods of birth control such as ABSTINENCE and the RHYTHM method!

What I'd like to know is why all those Protestants, atheists, etc. who believe in artificial methods DON'T USE IT! If they did, there would not be all the unwanted pregnancies and welfare!

The lack of any logic among the Obama supporters is really astonishing. If he told you to jump in the lake you would!

No matter the topic, you liberals insist on fouling it with red herrings. The sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic Church is a totally seperate issue from this one.

The Church does not condone sexual abuse which has happened in other faiths and in the schools.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#30 May 22, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I was molested as a child and pray for gay marriage to pass so I can marry the one who made me who I am today.

Nutbag.

Out With Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#31 May 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
While it's good, I didn't know nonkosher Gefilte fish had medicinal value covered by the new healthcare law, but on the positive side, just think, now you can get the fish to go packaged in an XL condom. Hope that helps!
In any case, the issue will be moot when we're all Mormons, unless coffee, tea, Coke, chocolate, and boos are part of the healthcare plan.
Will you be happy when there is no freedom of religion and we're all MUSLIMS or ATHEISTS?

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#32 May 22, 2012
Jimmy P wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the whole sentence. Never mind, I'll rephrase it for you. The Catholic church as an institution opposes contraception.

harvey is an idiot. His parents are idiots too. Their family tree is a stick. Pity the fool.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#34 May 22, 2012
Jimmy P wrote:
<quoted text>
They say they oppose boy-molesting too, but we know better than that, don't we?

I don't give a damn what they oppose. If they start buying politicians and preaching their ignorance from the pulpit, we can yank their tax exemption.

Screw 'em.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#35 May 22, 2012
The lying loon wrote:
Harvey, I'm an idiot. My parents are idiots too. The whole family tree is a rotten stick. Pity this fool.
Well, maybe you've earned some pity...:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#36 May 22, 2012
Out With Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be happy when there is no freedom of religion and we're all MUSLIMS or ATHEISTS?
I'd be happy with atheism. Not Islam, though. Muslims are no better than Christians!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#37 May 22, 2012
The lying loon wrote:
I was molested as a child and pray for gay marriage to pass so I can marry the one who made me who I am today, Father Muldoon. Of course, that's why I'm such a nutbag.
You don't have to marry him, you know...:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#38 May 22, 2012
Off With My Head wrote:
The Catholic Church is against ARTIFICIAL means of contraception. They approve of natural methods of birth control such as ABSTINENCE and the RHYTHM method!

>>Only because they don't work.:)

What I'd like to know is why all those Protestants, atheists, etc. who believe in artificial methods DON'T USE IT! If they did, there would not be all the unwanted pregnancies and welfare!

>>Um, in fact many Protestants DO use such methods. They do it because they really want to limit family size, unlike rabbit-breeding Romans.

The lack of any logic among the Obama supporters is really astonishing. If he told you to jump in the lake you would!

>>Not at all. I'm very critical of Obama, as are others on the Left. It's the Right and cults like Catholicism who march in lock-step.

No matter the topic, you liberals insist on fouling it with red herrings. The sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic Church is a totally seperate issue from this one. The Church does not condone sexual abuse which has happened in other faiths and in the schools.

>>Liar. Your church condoned and covered it up for GENERATIONS...for many decades. Probably for most of the Church's unholy, perverted history. And NO other faith has had remotely the number and degree of priestly perversions the Roman Church has. That's why many consider you to be Servants of Satan.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#40 May 22, 2012
Cardinal Dolan neglects the fact that their schools, hospitals and other church owned entities are competing with private enterprise and their employees are not necessarily Catholics, not to mention they have tax exempt status.
Religion affiliations are a choice and thus those who wish are not being made to do anything against their will. Just because a particular public school teaches a course I may not agree with, it dose not allow me tax exemption because of it.
You don't have to agree with how your taxes are spent, but you still have to pay the piper.
Aqua Buddha

Stillwater, OK

#41 May 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, America was founded as a Catholic nation under the Vatican. We only were able to stop that when we adopted Mormonism. Thank Joseph Smith. NOW we have our new spiritual leader Bishop Rmoney!
What a remarkable obsession you have with Mormonism.
Now as a Michigan resident, did the late Gov. George Romney (Mitt's father) ever govern Michigan during his 3 terms as a "Mormon theocracy"? Did he grant any exclusive state government advantages to Mormons?
Out With Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#42 May 22, 2012
Obama is a control freak. Wait until he takes the guns away from all those who have them!

He now is spying on citizens!

He now is behind the new warning advising men they don't need to have a prostate exam! A doctor was on tv this a.m. saying how wrong this is and that prostate exams for men are important.

This is just part of Obamacare! What's next? Advising women they don't need pap smears or mammograms?

Obama wants to take away all our freedoms and take complete control. He is a radical dictator! He is a fraud! He is a sham! He says one thing and does another. He has done nothing for poor people despite what he says and despite wasting all our money pandering to special interest groups. The special interest representatives are constant visitors to the White House. One was there 17 times in one day. That was reported yesterday on tv.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#43 May 22, 2012
I don't know any Democrat stupid enough to p*ss off the Catholic voters. I guess there is one, and he will lose the Presidency big time without their votes. Of all the dumb things Obama has done, his attempt to Over ride the first amendment to the Bill of Rights has to be his dumbest. I don't think he really wants to be reelected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barney Frank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Sep 12 Swedenforever 8
Barney Frank Has the Last Word On Atheism Sep 6 havent forgotten 1
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Sep 5 swedenforever 11
Analysis - Smaller banks see regulatory relief ... Aug '14 fatbacks x 1
Did You Know That Antonin Scalia's Son Is Sabot... Aug '14 Helen from Huston... 2
Barney Frank: Obama Lied About Obamacare Aug '14 BARNEYs Frank 2
Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... Jul '14 Suzanne Lunt 1
•••

Barney Frank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••